PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.

'supporting each other through really tough times'

Comments

• JKJ
    JKJ Posts: 120 Forumite
    Popperwell I do hope you get your software sorted......it's so annoying when stuff like that happens.

Fuddle please don't not post, we all love to read about your day. Yes you are right, everyone does have tough stuff to cope with right now, but there is solidarity in numbers and sometimes it can be a relief to read what others are going through as a change from our own problems. Hmmm not sure I have worded that very well, hope you see what I mean. Like others, I really believe it will be fine, and you WILL be moving as expected.

I really should move myself, am lying in bed again, thinking about what I should be doing, what I need to be doing, but can't quite shove myself into starting any of it. :o
    Please be patient with any mis-spellings and typos I am officially useless with a touchscreen keyboard!!! :mad:
  • katieowl_2
    katieowl_2 Posts: 1,864 Forumite
    edited 15 November 2012 at 10:43AM
    http://beenthere.typepad.com/been_there/images/2007/11/30/today_is_a_new_day_jen_lemen.jpg

I spotted this first thing this morning. It's a lovely colourful inspirational piece of artwork with real meaning for all those who are struggling.See if you can print it off and pin it up somewhere you will see it every day. Mine is on the fridge!

Kate
  • JKJ
    maryb and possession thank you, never thought of trying the tech board. Am certainly no pc wizz kid...am in fact useless! The sheer thought of trying to reinstall windows makes me want to lie down in a dark room. And recovery disk? Is that some sort of new shape chocolate bar?
    Please be patient with any mis-spellings and typos I am officially useless with a touchscreen keyboard!!! :mad:
  • JKJ
    katieowl wrote: »
    http://beenthere.typepad.com/been_there/images/2007/11/30/today_is_a_new_day_jen_lemen.jpg

I spotted this first thing this morning. It's a lovely colourful inspirational piece of artwork with real meaning for all those who are struggling.See if you can print it off and pin it up somewhere you will see it every day. Mine is on the fridge!

Kate

Now that is GREAT. Thank you so much. I am getting out of bed now, and I am going to email that to my DH (no printer at home), then I am going to plan an applique wall hanging using it. Or should I turn it into a cross stitch chart?
  • Good morning everyone,

Fuddle I really hope you hear back from your LL soon - *please* keep us posted! I would vote for baking some Twinks Hobnobs, they are the world's best comfort food and you could put all those little bits and pieces of things from the baking cupboard that you need to use up into the mix. (Can you tell that I've just munched my way through the last of this weekend's batch and need to make some more?!)

Katie - you're right, that artwork is lovely (and so are the rest of your photos - I have to confess I had a wee nosey!)

Lisakay - wishing you strength to get through this horrid time.

Well it's a misty cold day here, I've got a day of work to get through and then this evening it's time for some baking as I appear to have agreed to make the cake for a colleague's leaving do tomorrow - oops how did that happen?

I hope everyone muddles through the day ok.
  • Good morning all and (((hugs))) all round - i think they are most definately needed.
    Its rather damp and misty outside and i have to go out to pick up my books with hopefully some orders inside. I'm not looking forward to it but hopefully it wont take too long.
    This evening i get the slightly dubious pleasure of a school dinner with my 15 year old daughter as we go and receive some gcse exam tips and find out about course content etc.
    In good news my cat jerrry has recovered his mojo after his flea allergy and is running around like a loon. He just jumped up at the front door and managed to open then slam it shut as he landed! Cue pixie do barking for five minutes when no one came in! ACtually - hes just done it again! mad moggy - i suspect he is hanging off the net curtain down there!
  • SDG31000
    SDG31000 Posts: 1,009 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    Morning everyone :)

fuddle I have everything crossed for you even though I am sure that it is going to be fine. Chin up and I fancy some lemon drizzle cake if you want to bake :D

lisakay My thoughts are with you and your family ((((hugs))))

softstuff I'm glad you are starting to feel better :)

jem123 what an exciting start to the morning.

I have made soup, have a load in the washing machine, have made phone calls and am now trying to get my stomach to agree that breakfast is a good idea. I have an unexpected shift in the charity shop this afternoon, as my friend isn't feeling well so I offered to cover for her. So I need to make sure I eat beforehand.
    Pizza for dinner tonight using some of the ham as a topping. I think it's a day for comfort food. I'm just hoping the fog lifts before I have to go out as I find it hard to breathe when the weather is like this.
    Take care everyone xxxx
  • kidcat
    kidcat Posts: 6,058 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Morning toughies - am racing about getting ready for my group this afternoon but am trying to defrost slightly having been stood outside DD6 school for an hour and a half talking with many concerned parents. There are some real problem children within one class that are causing harm to the other kids and the parents do not feel they are getting anywhere with school. So I have spent my time talking them through the procedures that they need to follow in order to escalate things - I just hope that I am not going to be in bother with the school for doing it :)

Sending ((hugs)) and thoughts to everyone as we go through today and hoping that we all have a much better day today :)
  • BYATT - So exciting, what a lovely stove. Be prepared for a lovely warm home if you can use it, everything crossed for you that it is given the all clear!!! Hope BESS is on the mend and more comfy today!

FUDDLE - Thinking of you and hoping and hoping that you get the outcome you need. Even if you don't feel up to posting for a while, please know you're in our hearts and in our thoughts, you're not alone!!!!!

Cheers Lyn xxx.
  • katieowl_2
    katieowl_2 Posts: 1,864 Forumite
    Trialling some stuff for our Xmas market, I just made Churros

http://www.foodnetwork.co.uk/recipes/churros-with-chocolate-dipping-sauce.html

OMG... Simple, but care to be taken with hot fat. Nom Nom Nom

Kate
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family