PLEASE READ - Posts by the MSE Team and BG's - merged

Comments

• Helpmesave
    Helpmesave Posts: 1,545 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Have tried to follow the advice on here by posting description in my own words, plus a link to the site, but someone often comes along and adds the copied terms and conditions in another post. Anybody else found this? :)
  • isitenough
    isitenough Posts: 5,593 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post First Anniversary
    I think the T&C's are OK as they set out what we're supposed to abide by (so to speak!). I am guilty of adding T&C's (if they're not there) but only for things that require dates/accom/flights like holidays/weekends away etc...
    Thank you to everyone who posts comps! :A
    I would like to be lucky,healthy & happy in 2020! :T
  • twotimes
    twotimes Posts: 6,551 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    kipper wrote: »
    And email address subject headers would have to be posted for those that don't have Outlook/Live Mail etc as they won't get to see them if its automatically done from the competition web site.

I'm not sure if this is true for all browsers, but if you hover over the email link, the necessary information should be displayed at the bottom of the browser in the grey box.

Most competitions I see on here have the email address and subject posted in the thread even when the absence of outlook is not a problem as all details are clearly written out on the website. I'm not sure if this thread means they are not allowed or just the link.:confused:
  • Former_MSE_Andrea
    Former_MSE_Andrea Posts: 9,614 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post I've helped Parliament Rampant Recycler
    edited 29 April 2009 at 5:01PM
    Hi everyone

Just a reminder that this board's for comps that don't cost anything to enter. If there's a no purchase necessary route that's fine but other than that we don't want to encourage people to spend money entering something they aren't guaranteed to win.

Thanks!

Andrea :)

Update:

To clarify, I'm re-iterating what Martin's said when he first set the board up, that where possible competitions should be entirely free to enter, but that some cost, such as a stamp, a postcard or a text are fine as obviously these can be done free eg if you have inclusive texts on your phone.
    Could you do with a Money Makeover?

Follow MSE on other Social Media:
    MSE Facebook, MSE Twitter, MSE Deals Twitter, Instagram
    Join the MSE Forum
    Get the Free MoneySavingExpert Money Tips E-mail
    Report inappropriate posts: click the report button
    Point out a rate/product change
    Flag a news story: news@moneysavingexpert.com
  • Does that mean the postals/text thread will be deleted? I for one love that thread due to having many wins from it, thanks xx
    2023 wins - Rice Krispies, Avene Micellar Gel, Barbie Toy, £20 Apple Gift Card, KFC 6 piece bargain bucket, Chloe Nomade perfume, Barbie Toy (second one), Sanctuary Spa Sleep Balm, E45 Moisturising Lotion, Trolls Hamper, 12 Tonie Characters, Sure deodorant, Good Home Utensil holder, £5 Costa Gift Card, Neutrogena Micellar Jelly, Soap & Glory Mascara, Persil capsules,  
  • sparky61
    sparky61 Posts: 10,422 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary
    Does that mean the postals/text thread will be deleted? I for one love that thread due to having many wins from it, thanks xx

I hope it's allowed to stay, there are some great comps on that thread, fingers crossed
  • xoxlauraxox
    xoxlauraxox Posts: 3,795 Forumite
    I love the postals thread too & would be really sad to see it go. It is seperate to the others for those who do want to buy stamps (I know a lot of people get stamps free too so not costing anything)
    Thanks to everyone that posts :T:money:
  • I think that'll be ok, but it's just recently we've had Doritos, Kit Kat, Magnum, Pepsi, Coca Cola, Kettle Chips, Snack A Jacks and I posted a Diesel one which got deleted.

I guess if, let's say, I went and bought a product that has this offer on and I had a code that was universal, eg anyone could use it, more than once, like we did with Snack A Jacks, that's ok as nobody has to buy stuff. But it's when people have been buying like 50 boxes of Magnum in the hope of winning...mind you, nobody is forcing them to buy anything so if they don't want to spend money they dont have to, and any competition, we know we're not guaranteed to win...
  • Yes, please don't take the postal and text comp thread away. I enjoy doing those and it's my decision whether I fork out for the cost of stamps or not. Comping is a hobby for me and every hobby costs somethign now and again!!
  • Andrea, any chance of making this a sticky so more people can see it and participate? :)
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.9K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure