IMPORTANT: Please make sure your posts do not contain any personally identifiable information (both your own and that of others). When uploading images, please take care that you have redacted all personal information including QR codes, number plates and reference numbers.

Parking Eye - Parking Notice Charge for parking in Aldi, Bangor

Options

Comments

• Jo4
    Jo4 Posts: 6,819 Forumite
    First Post Combo Breaker First Anniversary
    Options
    Will I need to provide BPA and DVLA with PE's reference number, vehicle registration, vehicle make, vehicle model, date of event and date PCN was issued?
  • Jo4
    Options
    Apart from emailing BPA and DVLA and filling in the form on PE's website should I still email Aldi in Bangor?
  • Coupon-mad
    Coupon-mad Posts: 131,670 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post Photogenic First Anniversary
    Options
    Jo4 wrote: »
    Will I need to provide BPA and DVLA with PE's reference number, vehicle registration, [STRIKE]vehicle make, vehicle model,[/STRIKE] date of event and date PCN was issued?
    Yes. Except for the details crossed out. :)
    Apart from emailing BPA and DVLA and filling in the form on PE's website should I still email Aldi in Bangor?
    No point with no receipt, IMHO. You don't need to involve them.
    PRIVATE 'PCN'? DON'T PAY BUT DON'T IGNORE IT (except N.Ireland).
    CLICK at the top of this/any page where it says:
    Forum Home»Motoring»Parking Tickets Fines & Parking - read the NEWBIES THREAD
  • Jo4
    Options
    Coupon-mad wrote: »
    Yes. Except for the details crossed out. :)

No point with no receipt, IMHO. You don't need to involve them.

Gee, thanks!! :T You are super quick to respond and very helpful!!! :T
  • Jo4
    Options
    I am delighted to say all 3 emails have now been sent.

This is the response PE gave,

“Thank you for contacting ParkingEye, we acknowledge receipt of the appeal.

We endeavour to respond to all appeals as soon as possible. Whilst we consider an appeal the parking charge amount will not increase. Please note that a full written response may take up to 14 days.”

Hopefully by Monday 22nd August 2016 we will know what is happening, fingers crossed we don't have to pay but we have definitely learnt our lesson if we are ever near Aldi again.
  • Redx
    Redx Posts: 38,084 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Photogenic
    Options
    its not just aldi , its ANY supermarket in england or wales

plus (for england or wales)

any airport , any retail park , any hospital , any doctors surgery , any health centre , any leisure centre , any gym , any port , any railway station

almost any anything , lol :)
  • Jo4
    Options
    Redx wrote: »
    its not just aldi , its ANY supermarket in england or wales

plus (for england or wales)

any airport , any retail park , any hospital , any doctors surgery , any health centre , any leisure centre , any gym , any port , any railway station

almost any anything , lol :)

Oh no. :eek: We were at various Asdas, Tescos, Lakeside shopping centre and Bluewater shopping centre etc. Does this mean that we are going to get more of these parking notices? :eek:

Any car park that had a sign stating to pay we paid but we obviously slipped up on this one because I was hypo and we were in a hurry for the ferry to get home.
  • Coupon-mad
    Coupon-mad Posts: 131,670 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post Photogenic First Anniversary
    Options
    Not all ParkingEye but yes, all those places have (other firm) 'private parking terrorist' parasites infesting them. THEY are the 'parking terrorists', not drivers, and people need to complain more to the retailers.

In your case, you should get this cancelled anyway and have no receipt but mostly, people should be VERY ANGRY and complain when they get one of these harassing pieces of rubbish.
    PRIVATE 'PCN'? DON'T PAY BUT DON'T IGNORE IT (except N.Ireland).
    CLICK at the top of this/any page where it says:
    Forum Home»Motoring»Parking Tickets Fines & Parking - read the NEWBIES THREAD
  • Redx
    Redx Posts: 38,084 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Photogenic
    Options
    even on the "free" car parks you could have overstayed, or not parked within the bay markings , or failed some other "rule" , they all vary but the sc@mmers still try to find ways of sending you these massive invoices demanding payment

you probably didnt break any rules on overstay etc so may not get any more, but bear in mind that you might do

in future, check the signs and obey the rules, even on so called "free" car parks

proof of patronage of places like asda , aldi etc are also good to get cancellations, so using cards in store etc
  • Fruitcake
    Fruitcake Posts: 58,231 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    No matter what, you will not be paying anything because you live in Norn Iron. As long as the parking company are never given the driver's details they are stuffed and you are safe.
    I married my cousin. I had to...
    I don't have a sister. :D
    All my screwdrivers are cordless.
    "You're Safety Is My Primary Concern Dear" - Laks
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business