BT Complaints & Escalation

Options

Comments

• BT_company_representative
    BT_company_representative Posts: 1,861 Organisation Representative
    Options
    Hi landpig1

I can look into this to see what is happening, just check out my profile section were you will find my contact details.

Regards David
    Official Company Representative
    I am the official company representative of BT. MSE has given permission for me to post in response to queries about the company, so that I can help solve issues. You can see my name on the companies with permission to post list. I am not allowed to tout for business at all. If you believe I am please report it to forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com This does NOT imply any form of approval of my company or its products by MSE"
  • R0wenna
    Options
    We have also experienced horrendous customer service (I don't think you can call it that!) from BT. After 4 months of trying to get a line installed in our new house we have finally been connected. This is after numerous no-shows at appointments after booking days off work and waiting in for no-one, hours and hours spent on the telephone trying to sort out the problem, and endless stress in the process. We have now been charged £300 for the pleasure! After being told we could not dispute the payment until after the line had been installed, we have now been told that this is incorrect and cannot dispute the charges on our account.

BT have been nothing but less than helpful, continuing to send us bills for a telephone line that didn't even exist throughout the process! All I can do is go on every forum I can find to stop people from joining them.

WORST customer service we have ever experienced - DO NOT join BT!!!!!

£300 for months and months of effort - no thank you!!
  • jumpinjax
    Options
    Could not agree more. Nasty, nasty company, the people on the phone will cheerfully lie to your face (well, ok voice) and fob you off any chance they get. Avoid. Seriously avoid.
  • Mark_In_Hampshire
    Options
    I am currently having what I would call an "experiance" in the worst possible customer service and total lack of ownership I have ever experianced with BT.

Does anyone know how to get complaints resolved?

I am owed over £300 due to incorrect billing and after speaking to 7 differnet people at an average of 30-40 mins each over the last month I am no nearer getting things resolved.

any help would be appreciated.

Not sure whether you know this or not but if you did pay by direct debit - and I'm assuming you did, as otherwise you might not have overpaid - you can have the bank reverse the direct debits and put the money back in your account.

I don't know whether there is a time limit on this, I've never seen one specified.

If you were going to move suppliers anyway (and before taking this route I'd suggest you do) then you can have the bank put the money back in your account, then make sure the direct debit mandate is cancelled, and - very important - that it remains cancelled and isn't reinstated (check your online banking regularly)

This course of action isn't really the "correct" course by any means, that would probably be to take legal action, but if you have exhausted all channels it is probably far quicker. Then you could follow it up with a letter to them explaining the action you've been forced to take by them, how you worked out which ones/how much to reverse, throw the ball back in their court and move on.

For anyone else - as long as you don't pay by direct debit there's a big difference between being charged something, and sending payment for it. And never, ever, do these things verbally. Do it in writing. With some companies, it isn't good to talk.
    Options
    Hi R0wenna

I can also look into this for you, just check out my profile section were you will find my contact details.

Regards David
    I am the official company representative of BT. MSE has given permission for me to post in response to queries about the company, so that I can help solve issues. You can see my name on the companies with permission to post list. I am not allowed to tout for business at all. If you believe I am please report it to forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com This does NOT imply any form of approval of my company or its products by MSE"
  • Mupette
    Mupette Posts: 4,599 Forumite
    Options
    I agree BT have no thought for thier customers, (via customer services) but, and i am not brown nosing, i have had serious issues with bt and the only people to help and resolve the issues were the BT reps on here.

stuff that the customer services people just couldnt/wouldnt do.

i say this because i felt like i was banging my head against a brick wall, felt i was going no where and bt were taking money they shouldnt, so do speak with the bt reps on here, they do help
    GNU
    Terry Pratchett
    ((((Ripples))))
  • Kezzo
    Options
    My BT broadband does not work in the evenings, it has gone on for nearly 3 months now. They have supplied a new hub and sent an engineer along. The engineer said was a waste of time coming as the fault only occurs in the evening, i had taken time off work for the appointment and don't get paid if I don't go to work but BT customer and technical support dot care about this. They won't send an engineer in the evening as the engineers finish at 6pm. I have requested to leave BT which they say I can but will be charged approx £220.00 as am in contract. Trading Standards have said that BT is breaching the contract as they are not providing the service that I am paying for and are not fixing it as they won't come out when the fault occurs. I have also reported them to the Ombudsmen. Today I called BT again and the lady I spoke with thought she had put me on hold, I then listened to her swear about me to her colleague and then discuss how she will be going out this evening to get p****d (her words not mine)!!!!!!!!!! I have tried numerous times to lodge complaints about the product and service by BT representatives but have had no success as they don't appear to have a complaints procedure in place. I don't know what to do as I appear to be stuck with a product that does not work, they are unable to fix it and are not willing to let me leave without severe financial loss to myself
  • DVardysShadow
    DVardysShadow Posts: 18,949 Forumite
    Options
    Kezzo wrote: »
    My BT broadband does not work in the evenings, it has gone on for nearly 3 months now. They have supplied a new hub and sent an engineer along. The engineer said was a waste of time coming as the fault only occurs in the evening, i had taken time off work for the appointment and don't get paid if I don't go to work but BT customer and technical support dot care about this. They won't send an engineer in the evening as the engineers finish at 6pm. I have requested to leave BT which they say I can but will be charged approx £220.00 as am in contract. Trading Standards have said that BT is breaching the contract as they are not providing the service that I am paying for and are not fixing it as they won't come out when the fault occurs. I have also reported them to the Ombudsmen. Today I called BT again and the lady I spoke with thought she had put me on hold, I then listened to her swear about me to her colleague and then discuss how she will be going out this evening to get p****d (her words not mine)!!!!!!!!!! I have tried numerous times to lodge complaints about the product and service by BT representatives but have had no success as they don't appear to have a complaints procedure in place. I don't know what to do as I appear to be stuck with a product that does not work, they are unable to fix it and are not willing to let me leave without severe financial loss to myself
    Start a new thread please. Go to http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/forumdisplay.php?f=68 and use the 'new thread' button. Otherwise people will start responding to the original question all over again.
    Hi, we’ve had to remove your signature. If you’re not sure why please read the forum rules or email the forum team if you’re still unsure - MSE ForumTeam
  • Idiophreak
    Idiophreak Posts: 12,024 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    Mupette wrote: »
    i say this because i felt like i was banging my head against a brick wall, felt i was going no where and bt were taking money they shouldnt, so do speak with the bt reps on here, they do help

Glad someone had positive experiences with the BT rep. I found them as anonymous and unhelpful as the rest of BT customer services.
    Options
    Hi Kezzo

I have just seen your post and would like to look into this for you to see what the issue is, if you check out my profile section you will find my contact details

Regards David
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure