'Replies' in my profile

When I look on my profile there is a '1' against 'Replies'. Does this mean that someone has replied to a post I made? If so how do I see it? If I click on the '1' it just takes me back to my profile page.

Sorry if this isn't the correct place to ask or if I missed it in the introduction material. :)

Comments

• Tipsntreats
    Tipsntreats Posts: 8,612 Forumite
    Debt-free and Proud!
    When I look on my profile there is a '1' against 'Replies'. Does this mean that someone has replied to a post I made? If so how do I see it? If I click on the '1' it just takes me back to my profile page.

Sorry if this isn't the correct place to ask or if I missed it in the introduction material. :)

It is most likely a PM, that is all I can think of.
    Go to your messages and have look.
    If it is not come back, and I will rack my brain.
    Tips x
  • It is most likely a PM, that is all I can think of.
    Go to your messages and have look.
    If it is not come back, and I will rack my brain.
    Tips x
    Thanks for the reply. It's not a PM though, they are shown immediately above on my profile. I wonder if they are unread replies in threads that I've subscribed to.
  • DCFC79
    DCFC79 Posts: 40,598 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Thanks for the reply. It's not a PM though, they are shown immediately above on my profile. I wonder if they are unread replies in threads that I've subscribed to.

You can check if it is that by click on Quick links that's on the green bar then subscribed threads.

Cant really picture what your describing, could you take a screenshot of what your describing.
  • DCFC79 wrote: »
    You can check if it is that by click on Quick links that's on the green bar then subscribed threads.

Cant really picture what your describing, could you take a screenshot of what your describing.
    I've worked it out now thanks. It takes you to a different part of your profile and then you click on 'Unread Posts' and it lists the threads you've subscribed to or started where there are replies you haven't read.
  • Tipsntreats
    Tipsntreats Posts: 8,612 Forumite
    Debt-free and Proud!
    I've worked it out now thanks. It takes you to a different part of your profile and then you click on 'Unread Posts' and it lists the threads you've subscribed to or started where there are replies you haven't read.

Glad you explained, it was baffling me.
    Tips x
  • DCFC79 wrote: »

I love your avatar by the way. :)
  • By the way, is there any way of knowing if someone has replied to a post you have made without just looking through all the posts in threads where you have posted? I am a member of another forum that uses the same software as this but on that one you get a notification if someone has like your post or replied to it.
  • derrick
    derrick Posts: 7,424 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    By the way, is there any way of knowing if someone has replied to a post you have made without just looking through all the posts in threads where you have posted? I am a member of another forum that uses the same software as this but on that one you get a notification if someone has like your post or replied to it.

User CP > Edit Options > Messaging & Notification >Default Thread Subscription Mode, choose "instant email notification".

Don`t steal - the Government doesn`t like the competition

• derrick wrote: »
    User CP > Edit Options > Messaging & Notification >Default Thread Subscription Mode, choose "instant email notification".

Thanks. I don't want to receive an e-mail (especially not every time someone posts in a thread I've subscribed to :eek: ) I just want (if it's available as it is on the other site) a notification that I've had a reply. On that site, which as I said uses the same software as this site, there is a bar near the top of the page and if someone likes any of my posts or replies I get a message that says 'notifications 2' or whatever. I then click on that and it lists all the 'likes' PMs or quotes of my posts that I've had.
  • Hi Cloth of Gold

If you click on your avatar > "Your Profile" > "unread posts" you can view the threads you've posted on that have been replied to since you last looked.

Andrea :)
    Could you do with a Money Makeover?

Follow MSE on other Social Media:
    MSE Facebook, MSE Twitter, MSE Deals Twitter, Instagram
    Join the MSE Forum
    Get the Free MoneySavingExpert Money Tips E-mail
    Report inappropriate posts: click the report button
    Point out a rate/product change
    Flag a news story: news@moneysavingexpert.com
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories