Cheap Airport Parking: Stansted Airport hints, tips and local parking

Comments

• I used someone very close nearby in Takely who has a big gated private drive with space for a few cars and provided free transfers to the terminal in his bmw (only took about 3 or 4 minutes), leaving my car securely parked with me keeping my keys.
    The service was really friendly and efficient, providing full directions, calling me to discuss on the day and meeting me as arranged on arrival 5 mins after I called to confirm we were through security on return - and it was only £5 a day (plus he knocked off an extra day as it wasn't over 12 hrs into the day).
    Will definitely use again in March. Found him on www.parkatmyhouse.com searching for stansted airport
  • I sometimes fly to Glasgow on business from Stansted, there & back on the same day and used to be able to book on-airport, short-stay parking for the day for about £18. I need to make the same trip later this week but having searched and searched the only options I can find that are book-able in advance are either off-airport parking for about £13 or Meet & Greet/Valet parking for £40.

Does anyone know if it's still possible to book the short stay parking at Stansted in advance? I don't want the off-site option since I will be very short of time coming back in the evening especially and it will be very stressful waiting around for the courtesy bus; the meet & greet/valet option seems a tad extravagant just for the one day (and I am supposed to be sticking to a budget for my business expenses). A pre-booked taxi from my home would make a big dent in £100!!

Any help or advice would be welcome!! :D
  • I don't always think to follow up my replies, but having just looked through some of the experiences that people have gone through perhaps I should restate what I said on Page 1 of this thread.

Sugarboy above seems to have had a similar experience to us in that the service we received had no horror stories. I said at the time that the chap who runs the service was a real gentleman and I have no reason to change that view.

The service he offered was excellent, our car was stored without extra mileage and without any damage. In answer to a previous query, yes we had to leave keys and he did place the car inside the locked and gated compound. I am a classic car owner and involved with many enthusiasts, so as you might imagine I am very fussy about who goes near my cars. However in this case I had no reason to be concerned as Ian appears to be of a similar mind and took all care.

Have a look at my previous posting for details, he is located in Takely and the journey (in his car) takes about 5 minutes.
  • DCFC79
    DCFC79 Posts: 40,598 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    david69 wrote: »
    I wouldnt fancy leaving my car on a street for 2 weeksspeechless-smiley-040.gif

neither would i
  • sugarboy wrote: »
    I used someone very close nearby in Takely who has a big gated private drive with space for a few cars and provided free transfers to the terminal in his bmw (only took about 3 or 4 minutes), leaving my car securely parked with me keeping my keys.
    The service was really friendly and efficient, providing full directions, calling me to discuss on the day and meeting me as arranged on arrival 5 mins after I called to confirm we were through security on return - and it was only £5 a day (plus he knocked off an extra day as it wasn't over 12 hrs into the day).
    Will definitely use again in March. Found him on www.parkatmyhouse.com searching for stansted airport

Sugarboy, thanks for your recommendation. No more pub car parks and returning to bumps and sctratches! I found the guy in Takeley you rated so well - brilliant service, secure parking (offered for 6 cars but probably room for 20!) on a large private drive fenced and gated well back from the road. From arrival, transferring luggage and being driven in his car to check-in took 5 mins. Plus he checked return flight and collected us at after delays at 1am - as you said £5 a day - and transfers were free. Very friendly guy too.

I found him on website above (featured no 1 or 2 on the list I think) but you didn't give his contact details: he also operates under name of Stress Free Stansted Parking on 07771 611764.

Highly recommended.
  • datostar
    datostar Posts: 1,288 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    I sometimes fly to Glasgow on business from Stansted, there & back on the same day and used to be able to book on-airport, short-stay parking for the day for about £18. I need to make the same trip later this week but having searched and searched the only options I can find that are book-able in advance are either off-airport parking for about £13 or Meet & Greet/Valet parking for £40.

Does anyone know if it's still possible to book the short stay parking at Stansted in advance? I don't want the off-site option since I will be very short of time coming back in the evening especially and it will be very stressful waiting around for the courtesy bus; the meet & greet/valet option seems a tad extravagant just for the one day (and I am supposed to be sticking to a budget for my business expenses). A pre-booked taxi from my home would make a big dent in £100!!

Any help or advice would be welcome!! :D

Did a day trip to Luebeck just before Christmas. 1 day in the Mid-Stay cost about £18 (just turned up on the day - they seem to require a 3 day stay for advance booking nowadays). Short Stay would have been VERY expensive. Long stay is cheapest and you can turn up and park there just for the day but allow more time for the transfer to the Terminal because of the distance and bus only about every 30 minutes.
  • On our recent trip to Copenhagen we flew from Stansted flights for 2 people with Easyjet just £101.96 including taxes, parking £21 booked through Stanstead.com and we booked Hotel TwentySeven next to the Ice bar, nice hotel, very convenient location £191.88. So we had plenty of spare cash, WHICH WE DEFINITELY NEEDED when we got there. Nice city but rather expensive.
  • On our recent trip to Copenhagen we flew from Stansted flights for 2 people with Easyjet just £101.96 including taxes, parking £21 booked through Stanstead.com and we booked Hotel TwentySeven next to the Ice bar, nice hotel, very convenient location £191.88. So we had plenty of spare cash, WHICH WE DEFINITELY NEEDED when we got there. Nice city but rather expensive.
  • inconnu
    inconnu Posts: 20 Forumite
    Stansted Airport Mid-stay car park, 1 day, costs £12.40 if booked in advance through Holiday Extras (and get an extra 6% cashback if you go via one of the cashback sites). Not used this car park before but considering it for a day-trip to Belfast in April. What's the traffic like around Stansted at 6:30 - 7:00 am on a Wednesday?
  • stevedalton
    stevedalton Posts: 13 Forumite
    Apparently they have 300 spaces PER DAY for £1.99

Just booked 10 days parking in the long stay car park, Aug 25th to Sept 4th, and paid £21.89

Edit

As a new user, they wont let me post a link
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.6K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport