Aqua Gold card

Comments

• bigadaj
    bigadaj Posts: 11,531 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Anthorn wrote: »
    Hmmm ... let's see ... 35.9% APR. Armed with that knowledge you can probably answer that yourself.

Fees for using the card abroad:
    http://www.aquacard.co.uk/customers/using-your-card-abroad/
    Well, not too bad if that's all you can get.

There are those who will assign a certain status to travel cards. I think it goes without saying that for example American Express has a pretty high status whereas the status of an Aqua card is pretty low. I should think that those who regard status as important would not be seen dead with an Aqua card. Personally, certainly I would avoid wafting it anywhere near an airport lounge.

I'm not going to criticise those who have to get an Aqua card due to necessity because I did that. But we should recognise Aqua for what it is: It's a credit building credit card and due to tv advertising everyone knows that.

It's interesting that like an ex smoker being manically against smoking anywhere a former bankrupt is obsessed by the status of credit.

No one cares what credit card you or anyone else has.

Presumably you'll want another word?
  • Screwtop
    Screwtop Posts: 37 Forumite
    Hmmm ... let's see ... 35.9% APR. Armed with that knowledge you can probably answer that yourself.

From memory it was the Free 'Non Sterling Transaction Fee' that was a winner, like I said earlier the interest rate mean't, and still means nothing to me.
    I should think that those who regard status as important would not be seen dead with an Aqua card. Personally, certainly I would avoid wafting it anywhere near an airport lounge.

I take it you left your previous Aqua Credit Card at home when on holiday then?
    But we should recognise Aqua for what it is: It's a credit building credit card and due to tv advertising everyone knows that.

I agree with you on this point, but it is not the only reason for obtaining this card, it certainly wasn't mine.
  • Anthorn
    Anthorn Posts: 4,362 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    bigadaj wrote: »
    It's interesting that like an ex smoker being manically against smoking anywhere a former bankrupt is obsessed by the status of credit.

Oh dear are you criticising people who have financially fallen by the wayside? On MSE forums?

Like a lot of others on MSE forums I have never been bankrupt but I have financially fallen by the wayside and recovered. For that reason yes, I am most definitely concerned about the status of my own credit.
    bigadaj wrote:
    No one cares what credit card you or anyone else has.
    I do.
    bigadaj wrote:
    Presumably you'll want another word?

You know, I've read a lot of your posts and I would never have guessed that you are financially challenged to the extent that you need to get a credit building card. Curious though that you adopt a holier than though attitude against those who need to do the same. Perhaps you should cool it.
  • bigadaj
    bigadaj Posts: 11,531 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Oh dear are you criticising people who have financially fallen by the wayside? On MSE forums?

Like a lot of others on MSE forums I have never been bankrupt but I have financially fallen by the wayside and recovered. For that reason yes, I am most definitely concerned about the status of my own credit.

I do.

You know, I've read a lot of your posts and I would never have guessed that you are financially challenged to the extent that you need to get a credit building card. Curious though that you adopt a holier than though attitude against those who need to do the same. Perhaps you should cool it.

I don't need a credit builder card, but this would not stop me getting one if it was the most attractive option. As screw top says an Aqua card can be useful for overseas purchases and potentiAlly cashback, in which case I would get one if it were the best option for me.

I don't know why an indivdual would get so upset by someone claiming they had a particular product or service, whether that actually exists or not. Very strange behaviour.
  • darren72
    darren72 Posts: 1,288 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    The literature posted doesn't mention cashback. Does that mean those who are being transferred over to the Aqua Gold card no longer receive their 0.5% cashback on purchases, or is this mentioned in a separate letter ?
  • I received a new Aqua card - so I rang up the contact center and the gentleman informed me that my account has been upgraded to gold and asked what colour is my card. I said its the same but another card number.

He stated that it is a gold colour card - i did start laughing as i remembered this thread, apparently they have sent me the wrong card out lol.

New card is set to arrive in 10 working days - lets see what this gold colour one looks like - im still laughing reading all the comments.

Thanks
  • darren72
    darren72 Posts: 1,288 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    Is anyone getting the gold card on their cashback card ?
  • Andybez38
    Andybez38 Posts: 1,773 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Well after my initial letter saying i would be upgraded to an Aqua gold card. It finally arrived today Not a lot to shout about but still my build to a mainstream lender.
    I came into this world with nothing and I'm gonna leave with nothing.
  • [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 35,242 Forumite
    First Anniversary Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    There seems to be a lot of people getting a card that doesn't exist... :)
  • Screwtop
    Screwtop Posts: 37 Forumite
    There seems to be a lot of people getting a card that doesn't exist... :)

I was thinking the same! :)
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport