PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! In order to help keep the Forum a useful, safe and friendly place for our users, discussions around non-MoneySaving matters are not permitted per the Forum rules. While we understand that mentioning house prices may sometimes be relevant to a user's specific MoneySaving situation, we ask that you please avoid veering into broad, general debates about the market, the economy and politics, as these can unfortunately lead to abusive or hateful behaviour. Threads that are found to have derailed into wider discussions may be removed. Users who repeatedly disregard this may have their Forum account banned. Please also avoid posting personally identifiable information, including links to your own online property listing which may reveal your address. Thank you for your understanding.

How often is too often

Options
Ok so we are in process of buying a lovely house and been to see it twice now once just us once with my mum. We want o go and measure some things but feel cheeky asking to go again am I being silly?

Comments

• jojo9239
    jojo9239 Posts: 322 Forumite
    Options
    Oh and we lowered the price of the offer due to valuation don't want to see cheeky
  • lincroft1710
    lincroft1710 Posts: 17,643 Forumite
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Unless you have exchanged contracts, I wouldn't go measuring up.
    If you are querying your Council Tax band would you please state whether you are in England, Scotland or Wales
  • jojo9239
    Options
    We are planning to do that on same day as completion
  • Pixie5740
    Pixie5740 Posts: 14,515 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post Photogenic First Anniversary
    Options
    jojo9239 wrote: »
    We are planning to do that on same day as completion

Risky and I hope not on a Friday.
  • Person_one
    Person_one Posts: 28,884 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    If you've made an offer and fully intend to go through with buying it then just wait. Somebody else still lives there, and they will want get on with things now its 'sold' and to start packing up etc. They won't want to have to keep the place like a showroom in fear that you'll pull out or drop your offer again if you visit and it doesn't look perfect!

What do you need to measure up for anyway?
  • goodwithsaving
    Options
    I've seen the place I'm buying a lot, largely because it's empty and because I wanted to check electrics, plumbing etc. before exchange. However, my buyers have been great because they've left me alone during what is already a traumatic time. If they were here all the time, I'd get a bit funny about it.
  • jojo9239
    Options
    Person_one wrote: »
    If you've made an offer and fully intend to go through with buying it then just wait. Somebody else still lives there, and they will want get on with things now its 'sold' and to start packing up etc. They won't want to have to keep the place like a showroom in fear that you'll pull out or drop your offer again if you visit and it doesn't look perfect!

What do you need to measure up for anyway?

We want to order some wardrobes that take weeks to make she isn't there Monday to Friday just weekend due to work why she's selling

We are staying with family so exchanging and completing on same day isn't an issue for us

We will wait then thanks
  • Person_one
    Person_one Posts: 28,884 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    jojo9239 wrote: »
    We want to order some wardrobes that take weeks to make she isn't there Monday to Friday just weekend due to work why she's selling

We are staying with family so exchanging and completing on same day isn't an issue for us

We will wait then thanks

It would be a bad idea to order anything for the new house before exchanging contracts anyway, and as you plan to do both on the same day then measuring up on the day you complete will be fine.

I've never even done a second viewing, never had any regrets!
  • Cardinal-Red
    Options
    This is very much a "it depends".... all the answers above are personal opinions (though the comments on not committing to buying anything before exchange are probably universally valid, especially custom wardrobes etc.)

We are buying a house, we've been 4 times... once just for a catch up cup of tea with the sellers; I have no doubt if we wanted to go back again they'd let us.

It just depends... no harm in asking them.
    The above facts belong to everybody; the opinions belong to me; the distinction is yours to draw...
  • amateur_house
    Options
    Person_one wrote: »
    It would be a bad idea to order anything for the new house before exchanging contracts anyway, and as you plan to do both on the same day then measuring up on the day you complete will be fine.

I've never even done a second viewing, never had any regrets!

You are lucky, or maybe just good at knowing what you are looking for :o

I've done a few second and third viewings when I've been househunting, and decided against buying after the later viewings. I've still regretted buying both houses I eventually bought. This time round I've done a few second viewings and the house I am buying I've only viewed twice inside (about 6 times from the outside at different times of day), and am wondering if I will regret buying this one too!

I find I notice things on 2nd and 3rd viewings that you don't pick up on at a first viewing, but maybe that's just me :rotfl:
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure