Huawei G300 £65 from Tesco

JethroUK
JethroUK Posts: 1,959 Forumite
edited 6 May 2013 at 7:34AM in Mobiles
EDITED 6/5/13 because the thread is very long now I'm Keeping this first post upto date with latest price to save trawling thru it - G300 can still be had for sub £65

a4fed__huawei-ascend-g300.jpg

4" Gorilla Glass, 1 Ghz, 5 mp Camera with flash

Best price for the G300 Ascend at the moment :

G300 £109 from Very.co.uk spotted by:
sillygoose wrote: »
... looks like a better deal on very.co.uk ...

get £30 off using promo code 2D894 or 2D8GZ for new customers

minus any Topcashback discount

= £65 ish

G300 is locked to Vodafone but can be unlocked to any sim for £5 within 48 hours

Heres a seller that has been reported by many as reliable

You can upgrade to Official Ice Cream Sandwich Version 952 here - easy to do even for a novice like me and comes with instructions

For people who upgraded to ICS Android version 4 - first question they seem to ask is where has the weather clock gone and where can i download it - for those people just google totemweather.apk which finds it first hit

For people wishing to roll back to the original GB android version 2.3 - luci found this link (use with caution - not for novice)

When will the "Edit" and "Quote" button get fixed on the mobile web interface?

Comments

• I can confirm this glitch definitely works - just bought a G300 from my local Tesco, put some Mars Planets through the till before the mobile and voila - £15 discount.

PS If you are thinking of getting one i would advise you to ring CS first to confirm the store has stock - they are getting very rare. Geo number for CS is 01382822700
  • Tony5101
    Tony5101 Posts: 1,589 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Are the phones sim free/unlocked?

Cheers ;)
  • Rusty!
    Rusty! Posts: 2,076 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Seems to be luck of the drawer. Some are locked to Voda, some aren't.
  • Quentin
    Quentin Posts: 40,405 Forumite
    edited 8 September 2012 at 11:21AM
    Tony5101 wrote: »
    Are the phones sim free/unlocked?.....

Sometimes. You need to check before paying for an unlock code.
  • System
    System Posts: 178,093 Community Admin
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    How techinical is it to unlock a phone? Ive never unlocked one before.
  • Rusty!
    Rusty! Posts: 2,076 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Generally you get a code and just type it in when you power on the phone with the 'wrong' SIM in. Peasy.
  • Yes, I'm no mobile expert and was a bit worried about getting a code off ebay but to be honest it really is easy peasy and the ebay code came with full instructions. Takes 60 seconds at most and really just involves inputting a 12 (or is it 13?) digit code when the phone requests it.
  • Kernel_Sanders
    Kernel_Sanders Posts: 3,617 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    edited 7 September 2012 at 2:02PM
    I can confirm this glitch definitely works - just bought a G300 from my local Tesco, put some Mars Planets through the till before the mobile and voila - £15 discount.
    You can put a phone through the self service scanners?
    BTW, how many of these phones do you and Mrs Bystander now have? :)
  • You can put a phone through the self service scanners?
    BTW, how many of these phones do you and Mrs Bystander now have? :)

:D We now have 4 in the family - me, Mrs MBS, my nephew and now my father in law. Word of mouth = best form of advertising, isn't it? :D

You get a card from the mobile phone section with a barcode to scan and you then take the receipt (and card) to CS to pick up the phone. I was of course risking that they actually had it in stock but central CS had already informed me that theere was one in stock at that store so I kept the CS bloke on his toes when it came to looking in the mobile cabinet (which was in a right state btw). He eventually found it.
  • I was of course risking that they actually had it in stock.
    But you didn't have to buy £30 of stuff that you mightn't have otherwise bought. Am I missing something here or are you just referring to the potential lost time/travel costs etc.?
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure