virus or somethin link in msn PLEASE HELP

Comments

• Browntoa
    Browntoa Posts: 49,288
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Post First Anniversary
    Ambassador
    and by the way it's her PC thats infected as its sending the link ;)

the malwarebytes log shows it dealt with some minor infections on yours
    I'm a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on the Shopping and Freebies, Phones and TV and Over 50s boards. If you need any help on these boards, do let me know. Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any posts you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button, or by emailing . All views are my own and not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.
  • Browntoa
    Ambassador
    run hiackthis again and put a tick against these items in the log

O2 - BHO: (no name) - {7E853D72-626A-48EC-A868-BA8D5E23E045} - (no file)

O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [Google EULA Launcher] c:\Program Files\Google\Google EULA\GoogleEULALauncher.exe IE PA

O9 - Extra button: eBay.co.uk - Buy It Sell It Love It - {76577871-04EC-495E-A12B-91F7C3600AFA} - (file missing)

O9 - Extra button: Amazon.co.uk - {8A918C1D-E123-4E36-B562-5C1519E434CE} - (file missing)

and then click on the fix selected button (had to remove the amazon and ebay links as the forum did not like them)

these are nothing major, just need fixing
    I'm a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on the Shopping and Freebies, Phones and TV and Over 50s boards. If you need any help on these boards, do let me know. Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any posts you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button, or by emailing . All views are my own and not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.
  • Browntoa
    Ambassador
    then download this free Antivirus package

http://www.avast.com/eng/avast_4_home.html
  • macman
    macman Posts: 53,008
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Forumite
    Browntoa wrote: »
    then download this free Antivirus package

http://www.avast.com/eng/avast_4_home.html

If the OP has been running without any antivirus, she's got a remarkably clean system!
    No free lunch, and no free laptop ;)
  • aliEnRIK
    aliEnRIK Posts: 17,741
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Forumite
    macman wrote: »
    If the OP has been running without any antivirus, she's got a remarkably clean system!

Or any problems simply arnt showing on hijack
    :idea:
  • zoelouise88
    zoelouise88 Posts: 1,061 Forumite
    hi thanks for the replys,

have just turned my laptop on and it wont come on, its says some hardware or software was not installed properly.

it first came on with a grey screen then goes blue i try to load windows and it just wont do anything

any ideas?
    Wins for 2011: ........................

Weight Lose Challenge: 7/1/11 60lbs to lose 23/1/11 17 lbs lost :) 43lbs to go!!
  • aliEnRIK
    Forumite
    hi thanks for the replys,

have just turned my laptop on and it wont come on, its says some hardware or software was not installed properly.

it first came on with a grey screen then goes blue i try to load windows and it just wont do anything

any ideas?

What EXACTLY have you done? (ie ~ have you just tried to install Avast?)

Turn on and keep pressing F8 to get into SAFE MODE WITH NETWORKING
    Assuming you have just tried to install Avast then uninstall it
  • zoelouise88
    zoelouise88 Posts: 1,061 Forumite
    Hi sorry was not very clear, i was on ps3 and was finding it hard to type.

I didnt download anything, after i did the stuff last night i posted the log and then shut down - everything seemed fine

then woke up this morning turned it on and it just wouldnt start it kept saying start up windows and repair or start up normally but neither would work.

I have now totally restored my computer so its how it was when i got it.

I know have another question - is there anywya of getting the files back? (photos etc)

Sorry for being a pain but i really am useless when it comes to technology

Thanks

Zoe
    Wins for 2011: ........................

Weight Lose Challenge: 7/1/11 60lbs to lose 23/1/11 17 lbs lost :) 43lbs to go!!
  • macman
    macman Posts: 53,008
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Forumite
    Oh dear, you have jumped the gun-did you not realise you would lose all your data by doing a factory restore (if this is what you have done)? You'll have a nice clean system now though, but you'll have to reinstall any programs that were not on it when it shipped.
    No free lunch, and no free laptop ;)
  • aliEnRIK
    Forumite

I didnt download anything, after i did the stuff last night i posted the log and then shut down - everything seemed fine

What STUFF did you do?

If youve done a complete reset then your in trouble

But try RECUVA to find the missing jpg files etc
    (Do NOT install anything else as the more you install the more chance you have of overwriting the photos etc)
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 342.5K Banking & Borrowing
  • 249.9K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.4K Spending & Discounts
  • 234.6K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 172.8K Life & Family
  • 247.4K Travel & Transport