Can i get Sky TV as a non discharged BR?

Hi all,

Our Sky TV is coming to an end and I want to negotiate a new deal. It's originally in my wife's name so I'm wondering if I can secure a deal being a new customer? I'm due to be discharged in August.

Comments

• Marcio45
    Marcio45 Posts: 240 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    You would get a better deal if your wife calls to cancel (as long outside the 12 months minimum period). They would offer initially a poor deal, stick with your guns and cancel. You will get offers of 50 or even 60% off soon after.
    If you can access your sky account online, you will have offers of 50% off as soon as you ask to cancel the service.
    Sky seems to be credit checking now, so that might be a problem.
  • stuart30
    stuart30 Posts: 499 Forumite
    Marcio45 wrote: »
    You would get a better deal if your wife calls to cancel (as long outside the 12 months minimum period). They would offer initially a poor deal, stick with your guns and cancel. You will get offers of 50 or even 60% off soon after.
    If you can access your sky account online, you will have offers of 50% off as soon as you ask to cancel the service.
    Sky seems to be credit checking now, so that might be a problem.

Can I ask since when...only ask as I took outa package few weeks back and asked on the phone did they do credit checks and was told that they didn't.

Might have changed in the last few weeks...but deffo didn't when I asked.
  • SLZ
    SLZ Posts: 233 Forumite
    Sky aren't credit checking unless it's Sky Q specific and we're not being told of such while taking out products over the phone. Virgin Media do credit check however.
  • Sky is definitely not credit checking when taking out a TV or BB package. (My friend works in this dept for Sky)
    Advertising has us chasing cars and clothes, working jobs we hate so we can buy crap we dont need!:think:
  • DCFC79
    DCFC79 Posts: 40,598 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Why do you need Sky tv, get yourself a Now TV box and save some money.
  • DCFC79 wrote: »
    Why do you need Sky tv, get yourself a Now TV box and save some money.
    Save a lot of money. Im paying £3.75 a month for four months for the entertainment pass. It has more (worthwhile) channels than the cheapest Sky package at £20 a month and on NowTV you get all the boxsets. It's a no brainer.
    0% discount
    Even at full price £6.99 its better value than normal Sky. To get the boxsets on Sky you need Family bundle at £38 a month, even if you get a 60% discount it will still be expensive at £15 a month.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.9K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure