Marriage over don't know where to start

Comments

• moodydonkey
    moodydonkey Posts: 5,218 Forumite
    mountainofdebt was absolutely right, harsh but the first person you should be thinking about is you cos you have got to be the strong one which you obviously are because you've been holding it together for the last 18 months.

Having been there I would say accept it's over, it makes the heartbreak easier to deal with. That's not to say it might not work out but at least you won't always be hoping for it.

My heart breaks for you honey but just take it one day at a time you seem to have lots of people on here who care for you which will definitely make things easier to cope with.

best wishes xx
    Sadly, you don't have any badges yet but keep trying! See what you could get........... oh boo hoo I am crying into my wine. :D
  • I know what you mean mod, but I don't hate him, & if he can be ok with me , hopefully it will be alright.
    We had a family BBQ last Sunday & my Nan was saying you must be so happy having him home & I had to act as though nothing had happened, not nice.
    The thing is DS is a bit of a handful sometimes & we are going to Lake Garda, we are planning to go to the waterpark & garda land theme park & the train to "romantic" venice! I can't do all that on my own with them, also they would be really upset if Daddy didn't come, they already missed him for 18 months & are actually being quite naughty since he's been back, it has been very disruptive for them. At first he was able to come home weekends & they'd get silly all Friday & Sunday they'd be crying, it has been absolutely awful & I've hated every moment of it & he was only doing it to pay stuff off
    Comping again - wins so far : 2 V festival tix, 2 NFL tix, 6 bottles of wine, personalised hand soap, Aussie miracle conditioner :beer:

Married my best friend 15/4/16 :)
  • dotstar24
    dotstar24 Posts: 494 Forumite
    kiz you're being what any mother would be at a time like this..practical.
    2 months ago things were getting so bad with my partner i was ready to walk. i told my friends i was going to go to the council the next week to see what the options were for me and my son (i live and work full time in an area thats not my home town). but things changed.

our main arguements were about money, he couldnt understand why he was working 12 hrs a day and not getting a decent wage...so he took it out on me...once in front of HIS mum and believe me she gave him what for!! my partner works away during the week so i know what its like to miss someone so much, and to feel absolutely crushed when those feeling are not reciprocated for whatever reason.

if u can afford it i'd see a solicitor. sorry for waffling!! i hope you'll be okay. perhaps u can work it out for the kids??

take care sweets
    x
  • toto he's more miserable than ever today, he was fine Sunday afternoon & it was like being with the old him.
    Today although last night we'd said yet again we'd try, he hasn't, he's been civil, but nothing more.
    I have accepted that's it for him, i still live in hope, not just for me, but for our babies, one of which is snoring away blisfully in my bed next to me
    Comping again - wins so far : 2 V festival tix, 2 NFL tix, 6 bottles of wine, personalised hand soap, Aussie miracle conditioner :beer:

• after years of disasterous dealings with men, I would just go on what he says. Oh Kizzy, its horrible and you must be all over the place.

If you really want to go on the day out then go, but it will be tough to pretend. I think it is just time to deal with the practicalities. especially since he seems so hell bent on doing this. and the saying nasty things. hmm. that is not on. you aren't pathetic. not at all.

and don't worry about him, hard tho it is, he has made his decision and you deserve the house, he is walking not you and you have the kids, they NEED the house.

you won't be alone for as long as you have the internet hon. we are all here ok?

(((hugs)))

xxxxxxxxxxxxx
    Nevertheless she persisted.
  • Toto
    Toto Posts: 6,680 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    If it were me... and this is just me... I would ask him to leave for a while to give you both a bit of space to deal with the split. You need the time to sort out your own feelings otherwise you could end up living to make him happy. Walking on eggshells and trying to be what he wants. he needs time to process the reality of being without you and the kids.

I do really feel for you honey x
    :A
    :A
    "Everyone is a genius. But if you judge a fish on its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid" - Albert Einstein
  • barnaby-bear
    barnaby-bear Posts: 4,142 Forumite
    Toto wrote: »
    Don't feel guilty about the house. You both worked for it and he's the one who has decided not to live in it, you haven't thrown him out. The kids need their home.

How does he seem now? I mean if he isn't depressed then he should be happier this week now he has got this off his chest. he should be raring to go with his new life. if not then it does sound as if there are deeper issues.
    Have to agree with Toto it's was a partnership he did the working away bit - you did the dealing with the homefront bit.... there's something going on in his head or circumstance you can't second guess and it will drive you mad trying to. At the end of he day you can't control what he does but you coped when he was away and can cope without him and you can use this a a strong basis that you can cope alone and if he wants to be involved and you are prepared to accept him back he can. If he really wants to do the single thing well lodging is what that lifestyle involves, being a father is about providing a stable home for your kids and it seems he wants to do that, god foundations there then.
  • dotstar24
    dotstar24 Posts: 494 Forumite
    is he staying there with u this weekend? would it not be more comfortable for all concerned if he stayed with a friend?
  • I did the eggshells bit for about a day!!
    I'm me I can't change who/what I am, I don't think I'm a bad person, I like a laugh, I'm a bit down lately, really because of losing my mum, & with him being away & I cook my nans dinners for her & she's very demanding, my dad is severely depressed after his loss & keeps falling over where he's been drinking, I just have so much to deal with, perhaps I haven't been my usual bubbly self. I certainly felt happier when he first came home until he kept rejecting me & then I got a bit grumpy & miserable again, this was when he said what he said.

• barnaby-bear
    barnaby-bear Posts: 4,142 Forumite
    toto he's more miserable than ever today, he was fine Sunday afternoon & it was like being with the old him.
    Today although last night we'd said yet again we'd try, he hasn't, he's been civil, but nothing more.
    I have accepted that's it for him, i still live in hope, not just for me, but for our babies, one of which is snoring away blisfully in my bed next to me
    You can't protect your kids from the realities of human failability, you can equip them to cope, the bad things in life and how we are supported give us the skills to cope for ourselves and our values - disneyland isn't very nice, underlying tension and plasticy fakeness won't make life perfect - basic decency and respect goes a long way and there isn't the perfect family setup.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.6K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.1K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure