PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.

Weekly Flylady Thread 28th July 2014

Comments

• Honey_Bear
    Honey_Bear Posts: 7,077 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary Photogenic First Post
    Ah Wendy, I'm not sure I can face the thought of another Challenge just yet, especially bearing in mind it was supposed to finish on 30th June and some of us had to ask for the extension! If you want to run it, that would be fabulous, and redecorating a room sounds like a Challenge-type of task.

Post Office visited and two things decluttered. Yesterday's washing folded and put away. I can't do any more today because rain is forecast.
    Better is good enough.
  • wendywitch
    wendywitch Posts: 1,291 Forumite
    Honey_Bear wrote: »
    Ah Wendy, I'm not sure I can face the thought of another Challenge just yet, especially bearing in mind it was supposed to finish on 30th June and some of us had to ask for the extension! If you want to run it, that would be fabulous, and redecorating a room sounds like a Challenge-type of task.

Oh right I thought it was an on-going thing, something each month. Oh well not to worry I still need to get it done lol
  • aklmatthews
    aklmatthews Posts: 141 Forumite
    its turning out to be a good day i run a small business selling dolls house furniture and i have just been contacted by a major UK dolls house magazine and they want to feature one of my items in the November issue.So now another job for today is to get some decent photos to send them.
  • Frizzle_2
    Frizzle_2 Posts: 1,104 Forumite
    Monday Mayhem - Living Room, Hall and Stairs
    15 minutes...
    [STRIKE]Open those windows/doors and let in the summer sunshine...
    Vacuum through the living room, hall and stairs[/STRIKE]
    30 minutes...
    [STRIKE]Dusting, even if around everything
    Remove clutter making sure stairs especially are safe [/STRIKE]
    Clean windows and all glass.. including the tv screen
    [STRIKE]Clear the mantel and only put back the items which are supposed to be there.. and that doesn't include letters, keys or other treasure![/STRIKE]
    An hour...
    Mop the hall floor... (Covered in white marks from where I swept tup the washing powder that ds2 spilt everywhere.)

Jst windows to clean and floor to mop. Will try and do windows this afternoon and floor tonight! More than manageable. Had a chill out morning with the kids and some sorting for a car boot. Kids seem happy to potter today and after our little talk ds1 (aged 5) is being quite helpful. We are going out in half an hour to our local country park for a couple of hours. Ds1 asked if he should tidy his bedroom before we go! Ur.... Yes please!
    Grocery challenge-
    J- 52.40/£200 M- 187.56 A- 212.93 M-193.44 F-201.31 J- 240.62 D- £149.27 N- £210.69 O- 196.80
    S- 213.68 A- £213.03 J- 249.66 J-206.29, M- 252.91, A-£250, M- £250

debt free as of feb 2015. Now saving for deposit for new house! Moving in June 2015!!!
  • Hi
    Mum 2 5 great news about Ginge - you must be relieved.

Just back from vol job 1 - really hard work again today - partly 'cos of the heat, partly 'cos I work like a maniac for 3 and a bit hours when I'm there!!
    Feels as if I did a good job though which is good enough for me!!

About to have lunch then pop the list up
    First job pop the WM on

Catch up later x
    July 16 £95/£200
    Nov 16 £0/£200

"To be beautiful means to be yourself. You don't need to be accepted by others. You need to accept yourself." Thich Nhat Hahn
  • LameWolf
    LameWolf Posts: 11,234 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    SOMam wrote: »
    Hi, I'm wondering if I could maybe join you guys? I always struggle to find a place to start and from what I have read this looks to be what I need. While I am new to making posts I have been lurking around these forums for a while. I'm not very talkative but this is something I am hoping to change. And to be honest the encouragement will be more than I get now.
    Of course you can join us - the more the merrier! I'm not at all talkative in RL, but find it relatively easy to "talk" to the lovely folks here, so hopefully you'll soon be confident about joining in with posting.:o
    Honey_Bear wrote: »
    I need to do the shower room and bathroom today, so I am off-liste for a couple of hours, but that doesn't mean I don't read them and learn from them, Natty.
    I'm permanently off-liste because I have to do whatever my stoopid broken bod will cope with at the time; but I do try and take inspiration from the day's listed tasks.:o
    I'm pleased to report that almost all the windows were done yesterday, with Mr LW doing all the outsides.:A I think he wanted to get it out of the way before he goes to horse-piddle, and knows I can't manage the outsides. We can actually see out of the patio doors now!!:D I'll try and do the last of the insides today/tomorrow.
    wendywitch wrote: »
    Oh right I thought it was an on-going thing, something each month. Oh well not to worry I still need to get it done lol
    Wendy if you'd like to have your own special Challenge and post your progress, I'm sure we can help keep you on track and cheer you on.:o

Mumto5 thanks for the progress report on Ginge. Healing vibes continuing, of course.
    If your dog thinks you're the best, don't seek a second opinion.;)
  • FizzWhizz
    FizzWhizz Posts: 939 Forumite
    First Post
    HoneyBear, I'm very sorry for using the F bomb; shan't do it again, sorry Miss! ;)

I have tidied our bedroom which was a mini-pit and rehomed about a bazillion little "bits". Giving our bed a good airing has resulted in me finding a little hole in my very favourite fitted sheet :( I'll look at JL later for a replacement, I don't mind if it's a little bit spendy, to be fair I have had this one for about ten years so there's no shame to it.

Two uber smelly hamsters have been mucked out, the cage we have for DSD's is falling to bits but as he is already two years old I am reluctant to spend on a new one; once he shuffles off there will be NO more small furries for her, she does nothing with him bar moan about having to clean his cage once a fortnight.

All the kitchen surfaces have been cleared and disinfected, I've also cleaned out the 'dry foods' cupboard as I found little beetley things in my cornflour _pale_ so I've flung a good few open packets of stuff. The shelves have had a good zofloraing and all my tins and jars are nicely lined up and the labels are facing the right way :D Simple pleasures! Kitchen floor swept and mopped.

I need to spend an hour in the lounge getting it back to rights and then I MUST tackle the ironing or DH will be moaning about having to wear a long sleeve shirt tomorrow and I will be moaning about having to iron a long sleeve shirt later in the week :o

DSIL is picking me up at 4pm for the weekly pilgrimage to the Outlaws. DH can bring me home as we can all fit in one car thanks to my skids being away, thus I can make a dent in MIL's cider stash. And I wonder why I [STRIKE]fai…[/STRIKE] didn't succeed in my challenge :p

Looking at the list, I see cleaning the TV screen is on there; I usually just wipe mine over with a dry ecloth to get the dust off but I noticed yesterday that there are fingerprints on the screen; what do you all use on LCDs? A very slightly damp cloth? I have some 99% pure alcohol which is excellent on greasy marks but I will be for the high jump if I damage it :eek:
  • EDITED TO UPDATE

Plan for today - [STRIKE]washer on and out to dry[/STRIKE]
    [STRIKE]WUDUPA breakfast things - after eating it!![/STRIKE] [STRIKE]and lunch things[/STRIKE]
    Quick tidy round
    [STRIKE]Posters for vol job 1 and to vol job 1 this am[/STRIKE]
    PM - sort paperwork and finances ready for next week's trip
    [STRIKE]3 x HHpaperwork!!! [/STRIKE]I will manage to clear some boxes before end Thursday.
    Will put on today's list in case I can do any of that inbetween!

Monday Mayhem - Living Room, Hall and Stairs
    15 minutes...
    [STRIKE]
    Open those windows/doors and let
    in the summer sunshine...

[/STRIKE]

[STRIKE]Vacuum through the living room, hall and stairs[/STRIKE]
    30 minutes...
    [STRIKE]Dusting, even if around everything [/STRIKE]
    [STRIKE]Remove clutter making sure stairs especially are safe [/STRIKE]
    Clean windows and all glass.. including the tv screen
    [STRIKE]
    Clear the mantel and only put
    back the items which are not supposed to be there.. and that
    doesn't include letters, keys or othertreasure!

[/STRIKE]

Got an hour...
    Wipe and water plants
    Put all your hotspots in one pile and work your way through it.. Well that would fill a room so better not!!!!

Extra Mission: Pick one or more of the following tasks...
    • Wipe down any paintwork that needs it.
    Having problems with STRIKE key - about to do HHC now to do the dusting and hoovering but have crossed off in advance - anyone joining me?
    July 16 £95/£200
    Nov 16 £0/£200

"To be beautiful means to be yourself. You don't need to be accepted by others. You need to accept yourself." Thich Nhat Hahn
  • LameWolf
    LameWolf Posts: 11,234 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    edited 28 July 2014 at 3:36PM
    Fizz I'm glad you mentioned fitted sheets; that's reminded me, I need to ferret out our flat sheets before Mr LW goes to horse-piddle. I'm going to have to change the bed by myself for a while; I can do "horse-piddle corners" quite well, but I cannot put on a fitted sheet unaided, so I'll use the flat ones for the duration.;)

ETA That's also reminded me - does anyone have any tips for changing duvet covers single-handed, please? I believe there's a technique using clothes-pegs (matching, of course - just in case Valli sees this):D:D:D but I don't know details.
    If your dog thinks you're the best, don't seek a second opinion.;)
  • wendywitch
    wendywitch Posts: 1,291 Forumite
    Off list but I've cleaned the bathroom including the floor, miracle of miracles :rotfl:

I've eaten toast, made this weeks shopping list and chatted to a friend now I'm working through the junk in the front room :cool:
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.9K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure