The trials & tribulations of a 1st time landlord & investor

Comments

• TallGirl
    TallGirl Posts: 5,544 Forumite
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Thanks for that Vandanfc some good offers around in the end I went with Apple and for £40 gift voucher she can use that towards the cover. I do like John Lewis for Mine from there but easier to pick up as apple store on my commute.

She’s bought me an expensive present so I hoe she likes mine. Been batch cooking today cottage pie also bought ingredients for granola bars low carb which is nice will make tomorrow. Got her advent present sorted well one of them and some sweaters and tops bought in TK Max £75 spent, also booked my flights going on the 21st straight to my sisters will be nice to do all the pre Christmas stuff.
    Also decorated the lounge for Christmas not bothered for the last few years but for some stuff from my uncle when he passed away and looks nice all up now not too over the top.

Tomorrow Golf and need to clean flat. Got horrible headaches from caffeine withdrawal really horrible started yesterday been ok all week. Sticking with two large cups and now got more decaf and also some lovely cimamon tea yummy taste of Christmas.

Got list from sister of Christmas wishes so that’s all cool I know what to buy now.
    Save £12k in 24 No 50
    PB Win 21 £225, 22 £275, 23 £900, Balance Mar  £30,850 + £12K added to pension) (Wins 24 Jan £200 Feb £150 Mar £75 Apr £125) 
    Plan to move to Denmark for FIRE by 2028 “May your decisions reflect your hopes not your fears”
    New diary aiming for fire https://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/discussion/6414795/mortgage-free-now-aiming-for-fire#latest

• TallGirl
    Work a bit out of control at the moment need one more full time staff but they don’t start until mid Jan at the earliest which is tough and another team member is off sick so I’m back on front line.

Struggling to cut down on caffeine but trying better in the evenings don’t have symptoms it’s just during the day and mornings. Trying smaller cups.

Still not collected DG present must do today but don’t finish until 6 but I would like to collect it. Still not made it to the gym trial so want to but working late due to shortage in team.

Was going to work Sunday and late Monday but got out of that I do have a really supportive team.

Money wise still have £250 left that’s with DGs present paid and my flights for Xmas which were £400. Nothing on credit cards either. Need loads more Christmas presents but got my sisters so that’s a start. My niece who is 10 wants a Garmin Vivo 3 they look ugly and boring bu she’s too old for he junior one. No idea why she is interested in that and it’s £80 in Denmark. Might just have to give her the money I can see it being a one day wonder. My nephew wants clothes got him a Tshirt but jeans are hard to but age 15/16 is only online. Anyway still some time left to get stuff.
    Save £12k in 24 No 50
    PB Win 21 £225, 22 £275, 23 £900, Balance Mar  £30,850 + £12K added to pension) (Wins 24 Jan £200 Feb £150 Mar £75 Apr £125) 
    Plan to move to Denmark for FIRE by 2028 “May your decisions reflect your hopes not your fears”
    New diary aiming for fire https://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/discussion/6414795/mortgage-free-now-aiming-for-fire#latest

• TallGirl
    Roll on the weekend can’t believe it’s only Wednesday not really caught up with work hopefully tomorrow trustee report being written.

Tried the peanut and chocolate fudge recipe from that site VandaFc posted they are lush perfect for a treat at night time. Granola bars made for lunch time. Diet going well just no gym yet.

Spent £1 on raisins and nuts from Poundland only spend so quite pleased. Ingredients for fudge was joint account
    Save £12k in 24 No 50

• vandanfc
    vandanfc Posts: 2,025 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    I will have to give those a try.
    x
  • TallGirl
    vandanfc wrote: »
    I will have to give those a try.
    x

You should they are amazing although we did add a little bit of honey to make them sweeter.

Cleaned flat, told upstairs to turn their rap music down so annoying. Contractors changed batteries in our smoke alarm and the annoying beeping is now gone so nice.

Shopping done in Asda £95 but a lot of bulk and also filled up with Petrol so so low much needed. Golf balls hit and back home bath done and now prepping dinner. Stir fry with marinated steak pieces. Bulgar rice with it too.

Home Insurance bought did shop around but cash back and everything just so many unknown companies went with the same ones I have car insurance it’s. Dg has done the parking appeal so now Bath for her and then X factor.

Bought her next two advent presents but tomorrow she gets a card saying I will make her breakfast in bed. See how she reacts. I love having my advent calendar from her really nice.
    Save £12k in 24 No 50

• TallGirl
    She liked the advent present got her another little something for Xmas and that’s her sorted. I’ve got to get her mum something but she’s a bit of a hoarder so have to get something useful not sure what.

Golf today which was lovely and made a big batch of bolognaise sauce which we had some with onion squash really nice and loads for the freezer.

Also made some more spicy pepperoni and Parmesan crisps from that site again they are so nice really crispy yummy.

Work tomorrow hopefully an easier week than last was a bit hectic, meting tomorrow so won’t get much done but should get there. Working from home Tuesday afternoon also got hair and highlights much needed.

Changed my Zopa investments to a FISA got £2000 balance I can use and they are changing it so may as well. Now got all three types S&S cash and FISA. Also sorted log in for savings account and changed my address so all good there. Got one account tied up to end of Jan and one is instant access hopefully won’t need that money but we shall see. Still cannot log into m&S must get that sorted the year must be almost up and I can switch to Natiionwide so dg can introduce me.

Right enough for now night night.
    Been good with caffeine only one big cup and one normal cup considering I used to drink at least eight big cups.

No spend other than EBay for present and hardly anything naughty eaten dg is starting to notice the difference just need to get exercise regime sorted must do that three day trial I’m just to tired when I get in. Wish I didn’t have such a long commute.
    Save £12k in 24 No 50

• TallGirl
    Hairdressers today was working from home this afternoon but not done anything took ages but I love it and colour is nice. £177 incl 3 products I felt I deserved to treat myself booked in to be done again in Feb.

Realised I still hadn’t done my CPd points can’t quite believe I forgot to send them off so stupid email ready to send but never pressed send. Hope they accept them.

Work ok busy and short until end of Jan but all good can’t wait to take up my strategic role would be good and more challenging than what I do now.

DG on her way back must get washing sorted she’s usually home first so only fair
    Save £12k in 24 No 50

• TallGirl
    So lovely that the weekend is here really much needed. Made Ameretto Sours last night where really nice and had some vodka and coke too decaf of course. Woken up with a sore head but not too bad worth the cocktails so all good.

Need to get some more Xmas shopping done for family in Denmark DG is done just need to wrap the advent presents. Migth do some golf later really cold so not that keen but we shall see. Dg is meeting friend tomorrow so I’ll have time alone to do present wrapping need some paper first though.

Money wise fine some more dds to come out and I’ll have money in Denmark so don’t need to touch my UK account over Xmas.
    Save £12k in 24 No 50

• TallGirl
    Signed up with Moneybox just a bit of fun rounds up your spend and you can add to it it’s in stocks and shares dg done it too so a bit of a competition. She’s got £5k in premium bonds never won a thing so putting that into ratesetter now using my referral code gives her £100 and me £50 you need to invest £5 for one year. they are P2P and pay currently around 4% much better than she was getting. She signed up only to find she had tried to get a loan from them 6 years ago was declined but it’s nice she’s now lending money not borrowing.

Collected my nieces Xmas present still not done that well so need more in particular for BIL and mums partner I know what to get just need to buy it. Naughty food tonight cheese and ham toastie dg in the bath starving so hope she gets out soon.

Watching Jo Brand cats and kittens at 8 so she needs to hurry up.
    Save £12k in 24 No 50

• Tahlullah
    Tahlullah Posts: 1,086 Forumite
    Thanks for the info TG. Had heard about it but didn't know where to start to find out about it. Will be joining as well. But I don't do a lot of spending so may be paying more charges than investing!!
    Still striving to be mortgage free before I get to a point I can't enjoy it.

Owed at the end of -
    02/19 - £78,400. 04/19 - £85,000. 05/19 - £83,300. 06/19 - £78,900.
    07/19 - £77,500. 08/19 - £76,000.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport