B £250 Incentive not being paid!!!128547;

Options

Comments

• 18cc
    18cc Posts: 2,120 Forumite
    Options
    That is really annoying and I would bet you are not the only person to fall foul of the weird terms and conditions that mean you have to pay in money after the switch and afyer acertain number of days

I may be being unduly harsh on them but it wouldn't surprise me if they did this just to make sure some people didn't understand completely
  • ValiantSon
    ValiantSon Posts: 2,586 Forumite
    Options
    18cc wrote: »
    That is really annoying and I would bet you are not the only person to fall foul of the weird terms and conditions that mean you have to pay in money after the switch and afyer acertain number of days

I may be being unduly harsh on them but it wouldn't surprise me if they did this just to make sure some people didn't understand completely

I think that is exactly what they were doing. They created a series of conditions that they hoped would trip some people up so they wouldn't have to pay the bonus.
  • tempus_fugit
    Options
    central wrote: »
    Stands for bl***y useless
    Why do you think it's useless? I use the B app and it works very well. I also have a local CB branch with very friendly and helpful staff and the switch went flawlessly. I know people have different experiences but I wouldn't say the B accounts are useless.
    Retired at age 56 after having "light bulb moment" due to reading MSE and its forums. Have been converted to the "budget to zero" concept and use YNAB for all monthly budgeting and long term goals.
  • tempus_fugit
    Options
    ValiantSon wrote: »
    I think that is exactly what they were doing. They created a series of conditions that they hoped would trip some people up so they wouldn't have to pay the bonus.
    But it says clearly in the T&Cs that the money's paid in must be "after completion of the switch", so I can't see where they would trying to catch anyone out.
    Retired at age 56 after having "light bulb moment" due to reading MSE and its forums. Have been converted to the "budget to zero" concept and use YNAB for all monthly budgeting and long term goals.
  • ValiantSon
    ValiantSon Posts: 2,586 Forumite
    Options
    But it says clearly in the T&Cs that the money's paid in must be "after completion of the switch", so I can't see where they would trying to catch anyone out.

I didn't say that it wasn't included in the terms and conditions, what I said was that I thought they had made them particularly tricksy to catch people out.

We'll have to agree to differ.
  • 18cc
    Options
    Well the terms and conditions are clear of course but overly complicated

say what you like about NatWest bank -and a lot of people have! - at least their switching conditions were that you just had to pay the £1,500

with this one you have to pay in money after switch but before 31 days and then a second lot after 31 days but before 62 days I believe

in any case whether they were designed to catch people out or not they certainly did catch people out and cause confusion which you will see if you read the thread on the topic (and indeed this post)
  • meer53
    meer53 Posts: 10,217 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    18cc wrote: »
    Well the terms and conditions are clear of course but overly complicated

say what you like about NatWest bank -and a lot of people have! - at least their switching conditions were that you just had to pay the £1,500

with this one you have to pay in money after switch but before 31 days and then a second lot after 31 days but before 62 days I believe

in any case whether they were designed to catch people out or not they certainly did catch people out and cause confusion which you will see if you read the thread on the topic (and indeed this post)

The terms were very simple and clearly explained. Thats why most people (me included) have received their £250 with no problem. How can they be designed to catch people out ? You read the t & c's, you follow them, hey presto, £250 !
  • Samsung_Note2
    Options
    meer53 wrote: »
    The terms were very simple and clearly explained. Thats why most people (me included) have received their £250 with no problem. How can they be designed to catch people out ? You read the t & c's, you follow them, hey presto, £250 !

Same here thought the switch went real smooth..and yes you pay in twice after x amount of days,cant see how thats complicated..lol

The only switch that went smoother was Halifax and thats ONLY because they paid the switch bonus incredibly quickly,four days i believe.

B is my main account and cant see that changing..great app and so far great customer service.
  • Sparx
    Sparx Posts: 909 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    The T&Cs were quite clear to me. I also received my £500 for me and the missus no issues from B.
  • 18cc
    edited 22 February 2018 at 1:37PM
    Options
    Well glad everyone got their £250 (including me) well done - - but the OP didn't and a quick peruse through the main thread on he subject shows that others fell foul. The 4 examples below are just from pages 57, 58 and 59. I would bet there are LOTS of people (not necessarily on MSE) who didn't get their switching bonus.

chudlyette: I have been told that I can't have the £250 because I did not complete the switch within 31 days. However, I do not remember seeing this advertised prominently when I went on to the site.

mary223: Turns out I'm an idiot and messed up the dates to make the £1000 transfers so I actually sent the 2nd £1000 a day early meaning they were both within the first 31 days.

alpinef30: Apparently I didn't deposit enough into the account between the switch date and the 62 days even though I switched on 28th November, deposited £1700 on the 19th of December and another £1100 on the 13th January. Told me that it had failed and there was nothing they could do.

isaadvice: Turns out I'm an idiot and messed up the dates to make the £1000 transfers so I actually sent the 2nd £1000 a day early meaning they were both within the first 31 days. They said sorry but I'm not eligible
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure