Old Skipton product

Options
Hello all,

Back in early mid 2000's I remortgaged with a broker who offered a mortgage that was attached to Skipton but for someone with a less than perfect credit score. I can;t remember the name of the company or product that the Mortgage was offer by just that it was part of Skipton, as this is tied a PPI claim they are not overly forthcoming with the information I need. I paid it off when I sold the house in 2007 so don;t have any information now.

Any advice on how I can track this down

Comments

• societys_child
    societys_child Posts: 7,110 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    edited 18 February 2018 at 10:02PM
    Options
    Mid 2000's? A broker?
    Two thousand and what? It could make a big difference.
  • -taff
    -taff Posts: 14,504 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Options
    was the insuance part of the brokers 'payment'?
    Shampoo? No thanks, I'll have real poo...
  • dunstonh
    dunstonh Posts: 116,378 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    edited 19 February 2018 at 12:16PM
    Options
    A broker would not use a building society insurance product in the vast majority of cases. They would use a whole of market product or if it was a tied agent, they would use their own product. Skipton would not know what insurances the broker put in place.
    I am an Independent Financial Adviser (IFA). The comments I make are just my opinion and are for discussion purposes only. They are not financial advice and you should not treat them as such. If you feel an area discussed may be relevant to you, then please seek advice from an Independent Financial Adviser local to you.
  • craigyp01
    Options
    The sub-prime mortgage company that formed part of Skipton BS would have been Amber Home Loans - they are not an active lender but that shouldn't prevent you making contact. As stated above the insurance product would have been from a separate provider though.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure