Utility Warehouse (Telecom Plus) Discussion

Comments

• keggs
    keggs Posts: 1,037 Forumite
    I think things are getting a little side-tracked. The customer and business side are two seperate things are they not? Most people aren't looking to start or run a business, they just want a decent supplier of gas and electricity who'll answer the phone and won't rip them off. As said before here, not everyone has the benefit of the internet to manage their account, so a lot of the cheaper tariffs that Cardew has compared UW against in the past aren't available to them. I've given most of the suppliers on the block a go over the years. Some were great (SSE, UW) and some were terrible (EDF, E.On) and some are just about to be explored (OVO). The only way you'll ever learn what a company is really like is by experiencing it first hand. If it's terrible, go somewhere else. It's not absolutely just about price for me. Customer Service is also a large part of the equation.

Succinct and to the point as always upto.
  • keggs
    HalloweenJack, that's not the reaction Quentin was looking for - you're supposed to be absolutely outraged :D

Has Quentin answered. :beer:
  • NigeWick
    NigeWick Posts: 2,714
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Debt-free and Proud!
    Forumite
    you are self employed so keep darn good books (cough* mr taxman*cough*) and have to work hard to get new business
    I use Taxcalc to sort out and submit my self employed returns and find it an excellent product. Unfortunately it's not available for Macs so I have to keep an old laptop just for that purpose.
    The mind of the bigot is like the pupil of the eye; the more light you pour upon it, the more it will contract.
    Oliver Wendell Holmes
  • NigeWick
    NigeWick Posts: 2,714
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Debt-free and Proud!
    Forumite
    like alot of MLM - its on `thin ice` where the direct sales are concerned - if the saleman pushes the making money side in the first instance (and primary benefit) then it does become pyramid selling (pay money to make money - oh yeah you get electric from us as well but look at the money to be made)
    Incorrect. With Utility Warehouse the ONLY way to make money is by the gathering of paying customers. No customers, no pay, simple. Yes, there are benefits to building a team but nobody gets paid without that basic of having paying customers.
    The mind of the bigot is like the pupil of the eye; the more light you pour upon it, the more it will contract.
    Oliver Wendell Holmes
  • and if your main reason is to get the new people in on the scheme is to make money from them ratehr than sell a product then its pyramid selling and illegal. so therefore i am correct unless you want to carry on incriminating yourself
  • NigeWick wrote: »
    With Utility Warehouse the ONLY way to make money is by the gathering of paying customers.

Surely its the people that you recruit that give you group customers that grows your business,and earns you the real money. Not a few customers that you might introduce.
  • keggs
    Surely its the people that you recruit that give you group customers that grows your business,and earns you the real money. Not a few customers that you might introduce.

Not necessarily. You can if you wish just gather customers. Many people have 500 personal customers. I know of a few with over 1000 personally gathered customers. You can earn still a very good residual income but it's a lot harder to do. That's why network marketing is about everyone doing a little and helping others to do it in the process.

Halloween Jack just 11 eleven words sums your obvious misunderstanding (deliberate or unknowledegable enough). If UW was breaking the law, it would be closed down.

If you feel it is breaking the law then take the company to court. Amway were in the US by the US federal authorities. The federal authorities LOST.
  • no, you dont undertand or rather the other poster doesnt - UW is selling a product , and if you selling a product then after a sale mention the business side then all is fine - thats the way MLM works; which ofc you know - selling the business side first with or without a mention of the product is pyramid selling (since you want an upfront cost) , and thats the subtle difference (theres 2 sides to pyramid selling - not having a product is only 1). so sell UW products , which im sure for those who are offline *could* be of value (as 350,000 or so obviously do) then sell the business opportunity - not the other way around (or just the ignore the product)
  • keggs
    no, you dont undertand or rather the other poster doesnt - UW is selling a product , and if you selling a product then after a sale mention the business side then all is fine - thats the way MLM works; which ofc you know - selling the business side first with or without a mention of the product is pyramid selling (since you want an upfront cost) , and thats the subtle difference (theres 2 sides to pyramid selling - not having a product is only 1). so sell UW products , which im sure for those who are offline *could* be of value (as 350,000 or so obviously do) then sell the business opportunity - not the other way around (or just the ignore the product)

You can paint it however way you want. The fact remains if UW is breaking the law they will be closed down. They have been in business since 1997.
  • penrhyn
    penrhyn Posts: 15,215
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Forumite
    PG Tips must be stopped, have just noticed they sell pyramid................................................teabags!!
    That gum you like is coming back in style.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 342.5K Banking & Borrowing
  • 249.9K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.4K Spending & Discounts
  • 234.6K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 172.8K Life & Family
  • 247.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.8K Discuss & Feedback