Official Vodafone Complaints/Query Thread

Comments

• Welcome to the world of sales. Bad as Vodafone are, that's how most organisations work today - smoke, mirrors and bull!!!!!.
  • roll on Dec,
    SIMO on SKY
    £5 a month for its TV customers
  • Just wanted to point out it's been quite a while and nobody got back to me as of yet. I heard wonders about Lee but seems like he's just as interested as his colleagues at the "Customer Service" team?
    Really disappointing.

Hope to get a response sooner rather than later.
  • Vodafone decided to try and sneakily add there vodafone guard onto my account.

I never gave permission and I certainly never would it takes 6 hours of phone calls to get them to do simple tasks but yet without my permission can do anything in seconds.

I have two contracts one of which I can’t even use but Vodafone still insist on charging me, but this month out of the kindness of there heart they have given me £5 back, utterly disgusted and outraged 2 months been into shops and tried online to get a SIM card to work for my inaccessible number.

I have already raised the issue and am waiting for the ombesman to deal with them as it is the only way, ofcom don’t deal with single complaints but with all the complaints about just 1 company isn’t it time they had there licence to trade in this country revoked?

They don’t even follow uk consumer law and try to wriggle out of anything, they add fraudulent charges onto bills and the customer service on live chat are very rude.

All in all WORST SERVICE PROVIDER in the UK!! :mad:
  • juzzy25
    juzzy25 Posts: 2 Newbie
    edited 6 October 2017 at 10:49PM
    My first post, but be careful on Vodafone retention team, my Dad renewed with them and they made all these promises to add 40% off the bill, and also credit £10.50p to sweeten the deal.

Low and behold, they forgot to add the credit, and the auto generated e-mail came up at the original price! Voda allowed me on my Dad's behalf to deal with it and now it's all okay. They claim the managers were too busy at the time to "add the discount"

In all fairness the second person on the phone has rectified this, so I sincerely hope my Dad's deal does go through, judging from the text and e-mail, it looks all okay but I'll be watching MyVodafone like a hawk to see they don't screw up this deal.

This is not the first run in, I've had with creative retention teams, last person promised all these things to get my mother to resign, and yet again "nothing changed for two years!" in all fairness they did credit back all the over-billing for the mistakes (or what I call mis-selling) but be warned that the team can take some creative licence, I've now moved her to a network that offers similar network service but with much better customer service.

To balance so it doesn't look like I'm trying take down Vodafone in my first post, that the network and other services my family uses (I'm with another network who have their own issues) are okay and are pretty solid, Dad loved the fact he could stream Goodwood FoS on his phone and he gets great coverage whilst others in his place of work don't.

EDIT: Just seen the retentions thread - sorry - maybe this should be moved there.
  • mobilejunkie
    mobilejunkie Posts: 8,460 Forumite
    juzzy25 wrote: »
    but be warned that the team can take some creative licence

Very kind. It's not just the retentions team and it's not ""creative licence". Apart from the WRT and the very rare exception, it's mandatory if you work for Vodafone to lie, make false - indeed, any promises, cut you off, send you round the houses - and back again to "go", mess up your bills, direct debits and just about everything and anything, fob you off and - if all that isn't enough - make sure their system won't allow you to log on to view anything that's going on.
  • ratechaser
    ratechaser Posts: 1,674 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper
    There are not enough hyperbole in the world to adequately describe Vodafone's incompetence. I won't bore you all with too much detail, but it basically revolves around me agreeing (against my better judgement) to a deal with retentions, that was never set up properly, that I have to complain about every month to get a resolution. Which I am assured every time will be a permanent fix, but which only lasts a month. And then to get switched to a different package that I didn't request, at a price I do not agree to.

Right now it's sitting somewhere between breach of contract and outright fraud. I'm done with chat and phone, proper letter in the post today, and probably the Ombudsman to follow.

And I will NEVER take a new contract with Vodafone. NEVER.
  • Vodafone
    Vodafone Posts: 4,297 Organisation Representative
    Just wanted to point out it's been quite a while and nobody got back to me as of yet. I heard wonders about Lee but seems like he's just as interested as his colleagues at the "Customer Service" team?
    Really disappointing.

Hi,

I've checked your email reference number and can see that one of my colleagues replied to you on 20 September.

If you still need help, please reply to the email and we'll get back to you as soon as possible.
    ashnojutsu wrote: »

Hope to get a response sooner rather than later.

Hi ashnojutsu,

I've checked this reference and can see that I replied to you on 5 October.

Ukparis and ratechaser,

I'm sorry to hear that you're not having the best of experiences with us at the moment.

If you'd like me to look into things further, email me via the form here.

To access the form you'll need to enter the code WRT135.

As well as stating your query in the question box, please also quote "MSE Forum".

Once sent, you'll receive an automated reply with a reference number. Post it on here and I'll check I've received it.

Kind regards,

Lee

Vodafone Social Media
    Official Company Representative
    I am the official company representative of Vodafone. MSE has given permission for me to post in response to queries about the company, so that I can help solve issues. You can see my name on the companies with permission to post list. I am not allowed to tout for business at all. If you believe I am please report it to forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com This does NOT imply any form of approval of my company or its products by MSE"
  • gerdo
    gerdo Posts: 185 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Hello Vodafone,
    Can you please help me with my proof of purchase request. I submitted a request through the proper channel and I was sent proof of usage and told that I need to contact whoever I bought the phone from to get proof of purchase.

But I bought the phone online directly from Vodafone, it was a retention deal. I have replied several times to proofofpurchase@help.vodafone.co.uk but no one will reply to my mails.

My phone is broken and my insurance company need proof of purchase.

Thanks.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.9K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport