Joint I.S and DLA JC interview

1235»

Comments

• AG47
    AG47 Posts: 1,618 Forumite
    poppy12345 wrote: »
    No it shouldn't be joint claim as carers because only 1 person can claim it. Whoever gives the most care should be the one claiming it. As you're the one claiming it atm your wife could claim it if she cares for more than 35 hours per week, as already stated. You can't earn over £116 per week when claiming CA, as already stated.

How can we go about changing the main career from myself to my wife please?
    Nothing has been fixed since 2008, it was just pushed into the future
  • poppy12345
    poppy12345 Posts: 17,815
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper
    Forumite
    You need to ring Carers Allowance but there maybe a delay in your payments if you do this. I'm not sure though.
  • AG47
    poppy12345 wrote: »
    You need to ring Carers Allowance but there maybe a delay in your payments if you do this. I'm not sure though.

The thing is we both care for our son, I do all the heavy lifting, but if one of us has to back to work it should be me. My wife can't be away from him for too long sometimes he really needs her and I'm not going to be able to calm him down.

So my options are to try and get work for at least a day per week to start with, now should I transfer the main career over to my wife or leave it as it is, that I am the main career?

I'm so confused
  • AG47
    Is it ok for me to go back to work and be a full time career
  • AG47 wrote: »

Yes you can work and claim carers allowance you just can’t earn more than £116 a week.

If you decide for your wife to claim you need to stop your claim and she makes a claim. It’s not as simple as switching it to her.
  • poppy12345
    Forumite
    AG47 wrote: »
    We've already covered this multiple times. If you work then anything you earn over £20 per week will affect your Income Support £1 for £1. If you earn £100 per week then £80 will come off your Income Support. Please read back through this whole thread.
  • poppy12345
    Forumite
    _shel wrote: »
    Yes you can work and claim carers allowance you just can’t earn more than £116 a week.

If you decide for your wife to claim you need to stop your claim and she makes a claim. It’s not as simple as switching it to her.
    They claim Income Support as a couple..
  • IAmWales
    IAmWales Posts: 2,024 Forumite
    AG47 wrote: »
    Please help, I have just had a letter saying we missed a work focused interview, and my wife will have her benefits stopped now.

Well actually she doesn't claim anything at all, the claims for housing benefit and carers allowance and DLA are all in my name.

What will happen now

Nothing to do with you being in New York at the time?
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 342.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 249.8K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.3K Spending & Discounts
  • 234.4K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 606.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 172.7K Life & Family
  • 247.2K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure