Joint I.S and DLA JC interview

Comments

• You asked how many hours you were able to work and still be a carer. It isn't dependent on hours worked, it's based on earned income. If you earn UP TO £116 per week after tax AND provide at AT LEAST 35 hours a week of care, you may claim Carers Allowance - it's nothing to do with the number of hours you work, hence why I mentioned the upper earning limit.
  • poppy12345
    poppy12345 Posts: 17,817
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper
    Forumite
    AG47 wrote: »
    I'm claiming DLA, for my disabled child not carers allowance

Does anybody know how many hrs I am allowed to work and still get DLA for my child?
    You must be claiming carers Allowance to be able to claim Income support, unless you have a child under the age of 5. The amount of hours you work won't affect your childs DLA.
  • AG47
    AG47 Posts: 1,618 Forumite
    edited 6 September 2017 at 6:52PM
    nannytone wrote: »
    this isn't making sense.

if you are not claiming carers allowance, what reason do you have for claiming income support?

Sorry my mistake we do get CA

We are looking after our disabled son, he gets highest level DLA and yes I do get CA
    Nothing has been fixed since 2008, it was just pushed into the future
  • AG47
    You asked how many hours you were able to work and still be a carer. It isn't dependent on hours worked, it's based on earned income. If you earn UP TO £116 per week after tax AND provide at AT LEAST 35 hours a week of care, you may claim Carers Allowance - it's nothing to do with the number of hours you work, hence why I mentioned the upper earning limit.

Thanks so much, I'm going to look for a part time job of total £116wk after tax,

May even consider self employment

Would I qualify for WTC?
  • AG47
    Another question please, I wonder I I may qualify for New enterprise allowance
  • poppy12345
    Forumite
    AG47 wrote: »
    Another question please, I wonder I I may qualify for New enterprise allowance
    I don't believe you're eligible for that.. check this ..
    https://www.gov.uk/moving-from-benefits-to-work/starting-your-own-business
  • AG47
    Is it possible to qualify for WTC and careers allowance ?

If I got a part time job earning about £100 wk then went self employed to make up the hours to 24

First year wouldn't make much profit from new business
  • AG47
    Our situation is we both have to be full time carers for our disabled son, he needs 24/7 care.

At the moment only I'm officially the carer, is it possible to change this,? It should be joint claim as carers, but I don't know how to go about doing this.

Sometimes my wife does more than me, and sometimes she finds it hard to cope and I'm the one who has to stay up all night
  • pmlindyloo
    pmlindyloo Posts: 13,049
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Forumite
    Based on what you are saying you should both go to the interview, explain the situation and go from there.

Are you getting some support for your child?

You can only get one lot of Carer's Allowance for your child. There is no such thing as a joint claim.
  • poppy12345
    Forumite
    No it shouldn't be joint claim as carers because only 1 person can claim it. Whoever gives the most care should be the one claiming it. As you're the one claiming it atm your wife could claim it if she cares for more than 35 hours per week, as already stated. You can't earn over £116 per week when claiming CA, as already stated.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 342.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 249.8K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.3K Spending & Discounts
  • 234.4K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 606.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 172.7K Life & Family
  • 247.2K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure