IMPORTANT: Please make sure your posts do not contain any personally identifiable information (both your own and that of others). When uploading images, please take care that you have redacted all personal information including QR codes, number plates and reference numbers.

Parking Charge Notice Help please

Options
2»

Comments

• Fruitcake
    Fruitcake Posts: 58,240 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    cheznal wrote: »
    Just wanted to pop my head in to update and say a huge thanks to those who post here, especially those who done the NEWBIES thread, and those who have posted on my thread.

I have received a response to my email I sent Home Bargains CEO. They have cancelled the 'parking charge'. I'm so relieved. I did send them above email as per my last post and a copy of receipts/bank statements to prove the store had been used whilst parked in their car park.

Thanks again :D

Well done. If the HB shop is on a retail park where the landowner, not HB employed the scammers, leave positive feedback on their website/social media page, and thank the store manager or whoever cancelled the charge.

If on the other hand, HB employed parking lie, find somewhere else to shop and ell them why. In fact, I would find somewhere else to shop anyway.
    I married my cousin. I had to...
    I don't have a sister. :D
    All my screwdrivers are cordless.
    "You're Safety Is My Primary Concern Dear" - Laks
  • cheznal
    cheznal Posts: 5,161 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Yes, PE have also responded in writing, confirming that it is now cancelled.

Reference: Parking Charge Notice - 4*****/******
    Dear Sir / Madam, We refer to the Parking Charge incurred on 04 May 2017 at 17:40, at Home Bargains South Tyneside car park. We understand that receiving a Parking Charge Notice may be inconvenient, however, issuing Parking Charges for breaches of the parking terms and conditions at this car park is necessary to ensure a better overall parking experience for all users of the facilities. We can confirm that this Parking Charge has now been cancelled and there is no outstanding payment due. To avoid potential future inconvenience, we would kindly request you follow the parking terms and conditions displayed on the signage throughout the car park.
    Kind Regards,
    ParkingEye Team

I won't be using their car park again that's for sure. I never used to until recently as there's a free one nearby that has access to all other shops in Jarrow and no time limit. My dad always avoids HB car park too since they employed PE, so should've took notice. :) I do believe it is their private land so would be owned by HB too, I'm not 100% though. I'm just glad it's over within 2 days instead of it being dragged out.
    Smoke-free since 7/12/2011 :0)
    2019 wins:
  • Lamilad
    Lamilad Posts: 1,412 Forumite
    First Anniversary Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    Well done, we'll use this thread to advise others in similar situations that a prompt and assertive response to the retailer or landowner is often the best (and easiest) way to get these cancelled.

As Fruitcake says, if HB are not the landowners who brought these scammers in then they deserve credit for protecting their customers.

If they did bring them in then they deserve all the condemnation that you or anyone else is prepared to give them for exposing their customers to fraudsters
  • Coupon-mad
    Coupon-mad Posts: 131,711 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post Photogenic First Anniversary
    Options
    cheznal wrote: »

Reference: Parking Charge Notice - 4*****/******

Dear Sir / Madam,

We refer to the Parking Charge incurred on 04 May 2017 at 17:40, at Home Bargains South Tyneside car park.

We understand that receiving a Parking Charge Notice may be inconvenient, however, issuing Parking Charges for breaches of the parking terms and conditions at this car park is necessary to ensure a better overall parking experience for all users of the facilities. We can confirm that this Parking Charge has now been cancelled and there is no outstanding payment due.

To avoid potential future inconvenience, we would kindly request you follow the parking terms and conditions displayed on the signage throughout the car park.

Kind Regards,]

ParkingEye Team

What a pile of snivelling dross from the 'Team'. 'KIND REGARDS' my xxxx.

Jeez how can people work there in that 'Team', what on earth are their employees thinking?

I would be utterly ashamed if any Coupon-sprogs ever worked for that company (or any PPC) but it won't happen because they all do proper jobs/degrees and aim to give something back to Society... and they know a scam when they see one.

INCONVENIENT????? POTENTIALLY BEING SUED?! :mad:
    PRIVATE 'PCN'? DON'T PAY BUT DON'T IGNORE IT (except N.Ireland).
    CLICK at the top of this/any page where it says:
    Forum Home»Motoring»Parking Tickets Fines & Parking - read the NEWBIES THREAD
  • cheznal
    cheznal Posts: 5,161 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    I received this email directly from 'Home Bargains Support' first, then the one from PE exactly an hour later......... I haven't shown my husband the PE one yet, he might give me a snort and eye roll at the sheer cheek of it :

Claire

Claire (Home Bargains Support)

17 May, 15:36 BST

Hello,

This has now been cancelled and you do not need to do anything further.

I hope this information helps, but if we can be of assistance in any other way please don't hesitate to get back in touch with us.

Kind Regards,

Claire

I do hope my post on here helps others in the same situation, I did send HB receipt and bank statement to confirm the store was used and money spent in there, so that may have tipped it too. Once again, I do appreciated your help I received with this :)
    Smoke-free since 7/12/2011 :0)
    2019 wins:
  • Coupon-mad
    Coupon-mad Posts: 131,711 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post Photogenic First Anniversary
    Options
    Good, I will add your success here:

http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showthread.php?t=4766249

Loads of successes every week for years and years. Complaints work and PPCs hate them.
    PRIVATE 'PCN'? DON'T PAY BUT DON'T IGNORE IT (except N.Ireland).
    CLICK at the top of this/any page where it says:
    Forum Home»Motoring»Parking Tickets Fines & Parking - read the NEWBIES THREAD
  • Umkomaas
    Umkomaas Posts: 41,350 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Photogenic
    Options
    Picked up on this late. Great first letter to HB and really good suggestions from Lami as additional items to include.

While you may feel relieved at this stage that it's over, I'd be tempted to 'thank' HB for their intervention, but to say you are so nervous about ever entering their car park and shopping with them again, risking a further PE ticket, you'd rather err on the side of safety and never shop with them from here on while they continue to contract with PE to persecute their customers.

Of course you can still shop there if you wish, as they will never know, but telling them you won't will hopefully give them something to think about, and may result in the heave-ho for PE in due course.
    Please note, we are not a legal advice forum. I personally don't get involved in critiquing court case Defences/Witness Statements, so unable to help on that front. Please don't ask. .

I provide only my personal opinion, it is not a legal opinion, it is simply a personal one. I am not a lawyer.

Give a man a fish, and you feed him for a day; show him how to catch fish, and you feed him for a lifetime.

Private Parking Firms - Killing the High Street
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport