PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! In order to help keep the Forum a useful, safe and friendly place for our users, discussions around non-MoneySaving matters are not permitted per the Forum rules. While we understand that mentioning house prices may sometimes be relevant to a user's specific MoneySaving situation, we ask that you please avoid veering into broad, general debates about the market, the economy and politics, as these can unfortunately lead to abusive or hateful behaviour. Threads that are found to have derailed into wider discussions may be removed. Users who repeatedly disregard this may have their Forum account banned. Please also avoid posting personally identifiable information, including links to your own online property listing which may reveal your address. Thank you for your understanding.

The "have a look at this!" thread II

Comments

• zagubov
    zagubov Posts: 17,886 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Mardle wrote: »
    Very smart outbuildings! Or is that some sort of annex in the garden?

That's puzzling. Do the grounds of the house run behind the next-door-neighbours? On satellite view it's hard to see what belongs to whom.
    There is no honour to be had in not knowing a thing that can be known - Danny Baker
  • Fosterdog
    Fosterdog Posts: 4,948 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Mardle wrote: »
    Very smart outbuildings! Or is that some sort of annex in the garden?
    I hadn't noticed the outbuilding, looks like maybe a kennel or cattery but if it is I think it's a breeder rather than boarding facility because I sort of know the area and I've never heard of boarding in that area

zagubov wrote: »
    That's puzzling. Do the grounds of the house run behind the next-door-neighbours? On satellite view it's hard to see what belongs to whom.

No there is a fence between them but next door has a very small garden in comparison, also like seems to be quite common with the land used for a lot of new builds it backs on to a social housing estate and while it is far from the worst one around there are certainly some residents who you wouldn't want to live that close to.
  • wantonnoodle
    wantonnoodle Posts: 284 Forumite
    I've helped Parliament
    This is a lovely house, but does anyone else get the impression the photographer forgot to sort his photos out before uploading them (pics 9 and 17)?

I'm also not convinced by the print above the TV in the conservatory (pic 15); it would be too much of a distraction to me.

http://www.rightmove.co.uk/property-for-sale/property-66191321.html
  • Mardle
    Mardle Posts: 518 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper
    This is a lovely house, but does anyone else get the impression the photographer forgot to sort his photos out before uploading them (pics 9 and 17)?

I'm also not convinced by the print above the TV in the conservatory (pic 15); it would be too much of a distraction to me.

http://www.rightmove.co.uk/property-for-sale/property-66191321.html

I feel sorry for the child who gets the top bunk.
  • Davesnave
    Davesnave Posts: 34,741 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary Photogenic First Post
    edited 17 May 2017 at 5:01AM
    Another "Life has got so complicated!" house:

http://www.rightmove.co.uk/property-for-sale/property-59806045.html

It's very close to our favourite beach. :)

Pity about the A39.....sorry....'Atlantic Highway.' :(
  • Waffle_On wrote: »

You name a home leisure facility and they've got it then? I guess they don't like going out much then....

But I'd like that sauna personally - as I'm always surprised just how few British homes have one (as I certainly would if I had a house big enough for one).
  • wantonnoodle
    wantonnoodle Posts: 284 Forumite
    I've helped Parliament
    Why someone with such a lovely house as this http://www.rightmove.co.uk/property-for-sale/property-61004756.html would make the sitting room (pic 5) look so hideous is beyond me :eek:
  • fairy_lights
    fairy_lights Posts: 9,220 Forumite
    Why someone with such a lovely house as this http://www.rightmove.co.uk/property-for-sale/property-61004756.html would make the sitting room (pic 5) look so hideous is beyond me :eek:
    Those wardrobes make me think it was originally being used as another bedroom, until someone told them to 'stage it' as a lounge and stick some armchairs in.
  • Mardle
    Mardle Posts: 518 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper
    Those wardrobes make me think it was originally being used as another bedroom, until someone told them to 'stage it' as a lounge and stick some armchairs in.

If you look on the floorplan it has a lounge but for some reason there is no photo of it.
  • Davesnave
    Davesnave Posts: 34,741 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary Photogenic First Post

I think it's possibly where Granny lives, daytime. The 50s/60s cupboards suggest it might have been a utility area originally.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure