PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.

O/S Daily Wednesday 15 March 2017

Comments

• Oooh exciting times ahead SPEKY! Hope all goes smoothly x
    "If you dream alone it will remain just a dream. But if we all dream together it will become reality"
  • tiredmum2
    tiredmum2 Posts: 285 Forumite
    Morning all
    Very foggy here this morning but seems to be clearing hopefully some sun later
    Speky thats great news
    Dumpling hugs make sure you chew your lady's ear off x
    Not much happening here today so will just potter and hoover
    Dinner pie n mash
    Have a great day whatever you are up to x
  • [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 17,413 Forumite
    First Post I've been Money Tipped!
    Good morning everyone and middle of the month already :):):)
    Speky How exciting for you I bet you can't wait.Making a place your own gives you such buzz and home ownership makes it even more special.Our first home was a leaky three bedroomed victorian money pit, but I can still remember our first meal there on bare floorboards with second hand furniture.I thought all my Christmases had come at once :) I wish you well and how nice that the lady was so helpful in showing you the sort of bills the running costs would be .
    Dumpling I do hope you get your Dds sorted out OK and do chew the CMHTs ear off she may be able to help and find a bit of a solution for you all. You are coming on so well over the past few months

Csarina baby steps missus no doing too much

Gers Take no prisoners with your truculent teens :) show them who's boss :):)

T/A red pepper and cream cheese soup ,that sounds lovely, any chance of the recipe pretty please I adore soups and am always on the look out to try different ones

Well this morning is another bright and sunny day so I shall be putting on a wash load as If I chuck in my dressing gown there is just enough in there to warrant a load :):), and it looks as though its going to be a nice drying day ahead.
    The grass is really coming along now ,good job Mick, my great gardener chap will be here tomorrow morning to give the lawn its first cut.The daffs are all out and the tulips are coming up nicely as well.

I have a bit of baking to be getting on with this morning as well.NSD today though as I have more than enough in the cupboards and I an well into my Love Food, Hate Waste experiment no as its Day 15 and I have barely spent much at all this month, only essentials of things urgently needed so meals are a bit of a freezer roulette :):):) but its using up some stuff which I had forgotten about I have decided that the cash I will have saved by Good Friday I will donate to the local food bank to give someone else a bit of a helping hand. So its a win-win ,the more of my own stash of food I use the more the food bank will get in donation. Seems a fair swap to me and a good way to keep on track for the rest of Lent :):):)
    Hope you all have a fantastic day and the sun shines down on you all

Cheers chums
    JackieO xx
  • Morning all x
    Late one for me but been busy.
    Had docs yesterday and after going through all the symptoms with him he has ordered more blood tests and another ecg. Must admit to being worried as he said he wants to check some things then when we get results back I might have more tests. Refusing to Google the symptoms as I don't want to scare myself stupid. So now have to keep a food diary and an output record for want of a better phrase. Also have to keep a pain diary along with BP and exercise. Feel like I can't do anything without writing it down.
    Right on with today. I have a fruit loaf baking in the oven. Fish defrosting for a fish pie tonight and a pizza to make for DD2 as she won't eat fish pie.
    2 loads of washing on the line and fish fed and budgies fed and cleaned out.
    Just the hoovering to do later and a bit of ironing .
    Anyhoo best get on.
    Hugs to all in need xx
    Bright Blessings xx
  • LameWolf
    LameWolf Posts: 11,234 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Speky gosh it really is all moving along now; it's a good sign that the lady showed you all the bills and stuff, so you know what sort of living costs to expect. I'll keep my fingers crossed that it all comes to fruition without any hassle. :o

Need to pop into Stony Stratford shortly, for photo frames. (There's a shop there that does inexpensive ones). I could do with a new one for my dog-minders licence (as opposed to 2nd hand, tatty jobbie I have) and I also need to get an A5 size one for my shiny new First Aid for Dogs certificate.:D So I'll try to get them matching, I think. :o

Annoying thing is I have to negotiate with Mr LW to go with me; if I was fit and well, I could just hop in the car and go myself.:mad:
    If your dog thinks you're the best, don't seek a second opinion.;)
  • nannywindow
    nannywindow Posts: 3,398 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Afternoon everyone.
    Been busy this morning, more washing out on the whirly, DW emptied, floors mopped and more ironing done! All because the sun is shining and I feel more workish.
    Have to keep a eye on DH as he is trying to sew on my machine, he's ok as long as everything is going right, but cue me when " help the bobbins stuck!":(
    This afternoon I have to redo the elastic on DGS easter hat as it's too tight and cut DH's hair. ( well just a trim and then polish the top :rotfl:)
    Dad is coming for his tea so it's fish and chips with mushy peas but DH will have a chicken portion as he has a fish allergy.
    Nmlc thanks for starting us off
    SpeckyS excellent news.
    Dumpling hugs for you and your DD's
    Csarina take things easy
    Have a good day all.
    Failure is simply the opportunity to begin again, but this time more intelligently
  • Gers
    Gers Posts: 12,010 Forumite
    First Post Photogenic Name Dropper First Anniversary
    Afternoon all.

The main truculent teen was asked to leave the class, by me, as he arrived after the start. Been warned, didn't think I meant it! All was quiet and well after that, the rest are knuckling down to work. I did a little 'lecture' about it being their future and not mine etc etc - they'll be sick of hearing it though not as sick as me for saying it!

Got back home and then had to go up to the 'big house' to sort out a wifi problem which wasn't a wifi problem but a user problem. They were trying to connect to their wifi using a random / made up password. When I pointed out the password on the back of the BT router I could almost see the penny drop. Anyway, an easy task quickly done and back home. I even refused an offer of a G&T as it was only 1.30p.m. I do have my limits. :rotfl:

Now I'm waiting for the postie as he should be bringing me another Sonos speaker (sssshhhh - don't tell Camelot, it's all her 'fault') for the upstairs hall and a little Amazon Dot for downstairs. This house will be fizzing with technology - the other day I had my neighbours little four year son absolutely awe struck when I turned lights off and on by speaking. Lovely to see him and even lovelier when he tried it too. The innocence of the very young is still touching.

Well done Speky! First houses are always special, you'll be looking at and buying for it soon enough. I hope it all pans out for you.
  • Hi JACKIE - happy to oblige a fellow soupy! Here's the recipe for the Red Pepper & Soft Cheese Soup. Hard to believe, as it tastes so creamy, but it's actually a WeightWatchers recipe that I have been using for years! I only make it when I have picked up some peppers reduced otherwise it's not very MSE.

1 large onion
    2 red peppers
    2 celery stalks
    1 carrot
    1 tbs paprika
    2 veg stock cubes dissolved in 1 pint water
    200 gram pack low-fat garlic & herb soft cheese (It must be garlic & herb! Aldi now do one!)

Chop all veg roughly and sweat in the pan for 5 mins. Add paprika and cook gently for 1 min. Add veg stock and simmer for 30/40 mins. Liquidise till smooth then add the soft cheese and blend a further 15 secs. Season to taste.

Hope you enjoy it as much as I do!
    "If you dream alone it will remain just a dream. But if we all dream together it will become reality"
  • karcher
    karcher Posts: 2,069 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Late to the party today.

I overslept this morning after being awake in the night so it was a rush to get up dressed and out of the door so i wouldn't be late.

I haven't read all the thread but did scroll through and saw news from SPEKY about the flat. How exciting :T..hope everything runs smoothly and the lady finds somewhere to buy soon :D
    I trust we are all invited to the flat warming :cool:

Well I shall now scroll back and read everyone elses news whilst I drink a cuppa.

Have a good evening all :)
    'I'm sinking in the quicksand of my thought
    And I ain't got the power anymore'
  • meanmarie
    meanmarie Posts: 5,328 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Afternoon all,

It has been a lovely day here today, cloudy now and I think that we are due some rain later.....after all we have had 2 rain free days!

May be changing my phone/broadband provider, guy is to come tonight to talk to DS1, I am so lazy aboutmaking those kind of decisions.

Knitting was our usual chatty, laughing morning, actually did some knitting as well!

Dumpling, I hope that your girls get the help they need soon.

Speky...congratulations on your move into property ownership!

Csarina......keep the blood pressure down

TA......thanks for the soup recipe, I love soup so will be trying that one out soon.

JackieO......you constantly amaze me with your money saving ideas, and your consistant kindness.

Hugs to all, have a good evening.

Marie
    Weight 08 February 86kg
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.6K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills