New job and JSA

Comments

• beth222
    beth222 Posts: 15 Forumite
    Please do not patronise me. I know what I am talking about and as I've said my friend keeps her JSA and works. its you I'm afraid who is confused and I mean that respectfully.
  • marliepanda
    marliepanda Posts: 7,186 Forumite
    beth222 wrote: »
    I'm making a point. if your allowed to keep your benefit on ESA then the same rule applies on JSA. my friend who started working for a cleaning co keeps her JSA and still gets a wage and pay slips.

No. Thats not how it works.

Seriously if youre not going to listen to people what is the point in posting on here. ESA is for people who have very limited capability for work, so permitted work helps to get them back working whilst keeping their benefits as they are unlikely to ever be able to work full time, or as a ease back into work.

JSA is for people who can work just fine. Therefore you don't get a bonus for only working 15 hours.

I don't care what 'your friend' says she gets, its the same rule for everyone.
  • beth222
    beth222 Posts: 15 Forumite
    No it isn't. All I'm trying to do is receive the correct information and no one seems to know. if the rules weren't the same as ESA and JSA then that is very very unfair.
  • marliepanda
    Please do not patronise me. I know what I am talking about and as I've said my friend keeps her JSA and works. its you I'm afraid who is confused and I mean that respectfully.

No one is patronising you. They are telling you you havent got a clue, because you dont.

Either she doesn't work 15 hours at NMW or she is committing fraud :)

Nobody really cares about what your friend does, as its either not true, or its fraud. You won't get to do it either, so its irrelevant to you as well.

Anyway, why are you asking us? Go ask your friend who clearly has all the answers.
  • Bogalot
    Bogalot Posts: 1,102 Forumite

You really don't flower, you don't appear to have the first clue of what you're talking about.

If you think the different rules are unfair then complain to your MP.
  • marliepanda
    No it isn't. All I'm trying to do is receive the correct information and no one seems to know. if the rules weren't the same as ESA and JSA then that is very very unfair.

Its not unfair. They are different benefits for different scenarios.

One if for people who are fit to work. One is not.
  • elsien
    elsien Posts: 32,522
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary First Post
    Forumite
    What would be unfair would be people perfectly capable of getting a full time job choosing to only work 15 hours and being subsided by the rest of the workforce.
    All shall be well, and all shall be well, and all manner of things shall be well.

Pedant alert - it's could have, not could of.
  • MHOWARD_2
    MHOWARD_2 Posts: 58 Forumite
    I'm at a loss as to why you are all bothering to reply. It seems like the op is far more smarter than the rest of you and only wants to hear what suits them.
  • Mersey_2
    Mersey_2 Posts: 1,679 Forumite

She must be on UC (to keep benefits and work).

JSA doesn't allow this.
    Please be polite to OPs and remember this is a site for Claimants and Appellants to seek redress against their bank, ex-boss or retailer. If they wanted morality or the view of the IoD or Bank they'd ask them.
  • Londonsu
    Londonsu Posts: 1,391 Forumite
    In fact a girl I work with is allowed to keep her JSA even though shes working at same place as me and her adviser told her that the wage of £108 per week wouldn't affect her JSA payment as she only 15 hours.

A girl you WORK with?????? yet in your opening post you said I'm about to start a part time job at 15 per week at £7.20 which works out at £435 a month .

That doesn't make sense sorry
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 342.5K Banking & Borrowing
  • 249.9K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.4K Spending & Discounts
  • 234.6K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 172.8K Life & Family
  • 247.4K Travel & Transport