PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.

Weight Loss the Old Style Way! Part 10. Please read posts 1 and 2 before posting.

Comments

• zippychick
    zippychick Posts: 9,364
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker I've been Money Tipped!
    Forumite
    So this will have to be the new Weightloss thread as explained here

Kind regards

Zip
    A little nonsense now and then is relished by the wisest men :cool:
    Norn Iron club member #380

• short_bird
    short_bird Posts: 3,648
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Forumite
    zippychick wrote: »
    Ill post more in a moment, but here are the last weigh in details from 10/7/17

Is this the most up to date?

Thanks, Zippy, that looks about right to me for the last weigh in.

Did anyone want to retitle this thread? Sad all that info has been lost though.
    Cancel the kitchen scraps for lepers and orphans, no more merciful beheadings, and call off Christmas.
  • zippychick
    zippychick Posts: 9,364
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker I've been Money Tipped!
    Forumite
    edited 17 July 2017 at 3:10PM
    I've merged the "where's the old weightloss thread?" with a brand new shiny one I've pieced together as it's the best I'm able to do. If there's specific data I can retrieve for you then give me a shout. Keywords are good like "Sausage casserole" or whatever it is

Can someone confirms this all now makes sense? It does to me......:rotfl::p:o

Read the first post on this thread.... Ignore the dates on my post lol! It's the data that's important. I've tried to retrieve what I think is most important but do let me know if i've missed something.
    A little nonsense now and then is relished by the wisest men :cool:
    Norn Iron club member #380

• lynnejk
    lynnejk Posts: 5,732
    Rampant Recycler Debt-free and Proud!
    Forumite
    Thanks soo v much Zippy

I've pm'd Knitwitch but don't know how to contact the others - hope they find their way back soon :D
    Lx
    £10day.2014=3213/2015=3421/2016=3238/2017=2702/2018=498..APR=12.03/300
    GrocC.2014=2162/2015=2083/2016=218/2017=1996/2018=450..APR=17.13/200
    Bulk buy.......APR=233.76
    GC.NSD..2015=216/2016=213/2017=229/2018=39..APR=03/15
    SPC130:staradminx61..2014=1178/2015=1287/2016=4616/2017=3843
    OS WL= -2/8 ......CC =00......Savings = £13,140
  • TiredTrophy
    TiredTrophy Posts: 1,019
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Forumite
    Hello!
    Here I am , currently visiting my Mother in Cornwall, where weightwatching is not possible. ..pasties, cream teas, ice cream, fish and chips...I'm thinking of missing a meal or two to compensate.....! Its so hot and humid that running is unpleasant.
    No scales, so no weigh in.
  • tessie_bear
    tessie_bear Posts: 4,898
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Mortgage-free Glee!
    Forumite
    we back on it...yippee xx
    onwards and upwards
  • monnagran
    monnagran Posts: 5,284
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Combo Breaker First Post
    Forumite
    Zippychick, you are an angel.:About

Well, here goes.

I went out to lunch today and had a delicious sense of freedom in that there was no thread pulling at my conscience and I would not have to confess what I had eaten. Come back home and discovered that my sins were about to find me out.

Br: Allbran and raisins.

L: Scampi, Chips and Peas. It was a 'smaller appetite' one so not too bad.
    Chocolate Brownie and ice cream. Not a smaller appetite one and if I could have found a miniscule print size I would have used it.

So much for healthy eating.
    I believe that friends are quiet angels
    Who lift us to our feet when our wings
    Have trouble remembering how to fly.
  • pinknsparkly
    pinknsparkly Posts: 542
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper
    Forumite
    Found you all again!! I thought I'd managed to do something stupid on my account :j

I'm (hopefully!) signing up to a four week low carb high fat diet study. I have my pre-study assessment on Thursday and if I pass that then I'll be enrolled. It's not a "true" low carb diet, in the sense that I can still eat veggies, fruits and (within reason) potatoes, just no bread, rice, pasta etc etc. This way of eating is something I've been interested in for quite a while. I struggle with my mental health and have read two books about curing depression naturally by two different doctors who both recommend cutting right down on white carbohydrates. But I've never really known what to do, or how to do it. So being enrolled on a study where they tell me what to do and closely monitor me seemed like the ideal opportunity! It's only four weeks so I figure I can stick it out for that long, and it should be a long enough period of time to see if it works for me, and if I can stick to it long term!

If anyone is interested, I'd be happy to feedback how I get along? For now, I'm both enjoying and hating eating what I want for the pre-study week (hating it because I have to record everything I eat, but without letting it influence how I eat which is a LOT harder than it sounds!). I'd happily eat 3000 calories and not feel guilty when I've not recorded it and so only have a vague idea that I've eaten a lot, but seeing it in black and white makes me feel rather guilty..... It's eye opening though, I've only ever recorded my food intake when I've actually been dieting before!
    MFW2023 challenge #99: £1090.11 / £1,000 MFiT-T6 (Jan 2022 - Jan 2025) challenge #99: Reduce mortgage to £400,000. Current balance = £413,551.19 Initial MF date (23rd Aug 2022): Sep 2051 Current MF date: Jul 2051 Last updated: 15/06/2023
  • karcher
    karcher Posts: 2,069
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Forumite
    Thanks for your efforts Zippy :A :T

It is appreciated and I'm sorry to hear you've not been well.. I hope you are much better now :)

Please, is there any way this can be prevented from happening again as we've lost two very useful/helpful long running threads in recent times and it would be a shame if it happened again.

Thanks in advance :)
    'I'm sinking in the quicksand of my thought
    And I ain't got the power anymore'
  • monnagran
    monnagran Posts: 5,284
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Combo Breaker First Post
    Forumite
    pinknsparkly,, please keep us up to date with your progress. This is something that I am extremely interested in. The only times that I have managed to lose any appreciable amounts of weight it has been with a very restricted carbohydrate diet.
    I hate it.

I have always said that I would eat anything if it was sandwiched in two slices of bread.
    I adore the stuff and have always made my own. DISASTER.

I am living on my own for the first time and trying to do without bread, potatoes etc with varying degrees of success.

Please let us know every detail of your journey. I wish I lived nearer, I would be with you every step of the way.
    I believe that friends are quiet angels
    Who lift us to our feet when our wings
    Have trouble remembering how to fly.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 342.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 249.9K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.4K Spending & Discounts
  • 234.6K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607K Mortgages, Homes & Bills