PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.

Vanish Powderpowder

Has anyone tried it? Is it any good? Any substitutes?

My obsession with spotless carpets means I'm seriously tempted by the ad :o
Value-for-money-for-me-puhleeze!

"No man is worth, crawling on the earth"- adapted from Bob Crewe and Bob Gaudio

Hope is not a strategy :D...A child is for life, not just 18 years....Don't get me started on the NHS, because you won't win...I love chaz-ing!

Comments

• Tiddlywinks
    Tiddlywinks Posts: 5,777 Forumite
    I've been Money Tipped!
    It gets pretty mixed reviews on Amazon:

Link

I used to use Zorb - I got a freebie pack with a Dyson and it worked really well BUT it's pricier than the Vanish one.

Link
    :hello:
  • ancientofdays
    ancientofdays Posts: 2,913 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    I tried it and then I hired a rug doctor
    I was jumping to conclusions and one of them jumped back
  • I just use diluted bleach to clean my carpets.
    Cheaper than anything, does a far better job.
  • VfM4meplse
    VfM4meplse Posts: 34,269 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post I've been Money Tipped!
    Thanks I shall save my pennies.

Hope is not a strategy :D...A child is for life, not just 18 years....Don't get me started on the NHS, because you won't win...I love chaz-ing!
  • coffeehound
    coffeehound Posts: 5,658 Forumite
    First Anniversary Photogenic Name Dropper Combo Breaker
    I just use diluted bleach to clean my carpets.

Can I ask what dilution ratio you use?
  • YorksLass
    YorksLass Posts: 1,707 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper
    DS and DDiL used Rug Doctor carpet shampoo when they moved into their current rented home and swear by it. I think they got it from B&Q, fairly reasonably priced.
    Be kind to others and to yourself too.
  • VfM4meplse
    VfM4meplse Posts: 34,269 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post I've been Money Tipped!
    YorksLass wrote: »
    DS and DDiL used Rug Doctor carpet shampoo when they moved into their current rented home and swear by it. I think they got it from B&Q, fairly reasonably priced.
    My carpets are actually clean, I just like them to be ultra-hygienic as the LO runs around in them barefoot.

• freyasmum
    freyasmum Posts: 20,597 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Post First Anniversary
    I've never used it, but for spot treating I think you'd be hardpushed to beat 1001 mousse.

My dd is an absolute pest and tried to sneak through to the living room to watch the telly while she's eating or drink (e.g. breakfast time) and she spilled a full glass of cranberry juice all over our lovely new cream carpets :eek: That took it out perfectly - along with any tomato based stains that she's produced (and that's even while eating with a tray - lets just say that family movie and pizza night is a totally different beast these days!)
  • Primrose
    Primrose Posts: 10,620 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary I've been Money Tipped!
    I have used it with success to get various stains out of carpet, especially Lilly pollen which is very stubborn. It has also been totally successful I getting blood and tomato stains out of clothing.

I would be very wary of using diluted bleach on carpets!
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.9K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure