Our attempt at being MF!!

Comments

• CathT
    CathT Posts: 7,113
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Forumite
    Morning, a really quick update from me as I don't seem to have the time to do anything lately!

Plasterers were here again yesterday and will finish today. Hoping that means the other trades will be here next week. The space looks even bigger now!

Dh's car is in the garage but he's got a fab courtesy car. I think he's caught onto the money saving as he had to top it up with fuel so he's going to drive to a shopping outlet he's been meaning to so that he makes the most of the fuel!

All quiet on the money front too, have kept a good chunk of my backpay back as still undecided what we will use it for. Still haven't heard off the joiner about the utility room. Fortunately we know of a few joiners through friends so do have other options but I wish people would follow through with things.

Do you ever have the feeling it's just going to be one of those weeks? Am sure I will be more than ready for my long weekend off by Friday!
    Mar 2024 - part 1 - £31,656 part 2 - £25,019 Total - £56,675 44 months to go!
  • CathT
    Forumite
    Plasterers have finished :j

Contacted builders and other trades are hoping to get back some time this week. Joiners due end of the week and electrician will try and call between the job he is on at the moment. Need to speak to plumber as the quote is only for part tiling but unless they do all of it we can't use the space! I really am hoping that by the end of next week the spaces will be transformed. I'm off the following week and i was hoping to I'd be able to make the space look pretty but don't think there's enough time! We are definitely getting there though.
    Is it sad that I'm looking forward to paying the last invoice so I know what we have got left for a large OP!?!
  • So pleased you are nearly done in the extension and that you have money left over for an OP.

I have been following with interest as the property we are hopefully buying has PP for a 2 storey extension. I don't think we will be able to go ahead with it until we have been there a while though.
  • CathT
    Forumite
    So pleased you are nearly done in the extension and that you have money left over for an OP.

I have been following with interest as the property we are hopefully buying has PP for a 2 storey extension. I don't think we will be able to go ahead with it until we have been there a while though.

Good luck with your move SALE, exciting times. We bought his house 12 years ago with plans drawn up but it's taken us until now to create our own plans nd finally go with it!

Hadn't checked the bank accounts for a few days. Pleased to see we haven't eaten into the surplus backpay, two cc are up to date. The balance has finally fallen to <£7k from a high of £23k a few years ago! :eek: 88p Tilly tidy today, piano lessons paid for yesterday so transferred the cash and there's almost £15 spare. DD is also playing in a piano competition so small fee paid for that.

Re: the build. I noticed yesterday the plasterers hardiness the complete ceiling in the utility and not left any electrical wires for lighting exposed! I'm hoping g that's how it's meant to look but they've left them out upstairs! Maybe we'll have an unhappy electrician! Build!Dear calling either today or tomorrow to discuss shower room order. Plumber due tomorrow and joiners Saturday so hopefully some good progress will me made again :j
  • CathT
    Forumite
    Happy Friday :j Even better that I'm not working today!

Plumber has been and done the new radiators. Unfortunately they're not connected so the house is no warmer! DH has spoken to our builders and apparently the electrician will have a plan of how the lights are meant to be! Shower room order given to builders and we've also asked for the whole floor to be done. Hopefully tiler be here next week but waiting on builders to confirm what's happening next week. I tend to ask every couple of weeks what the plan is for that week. Hope I'm not annoying them but surely it's acceptable to know what progress to expect each week

50p on y0ug0v so back up to 4000 points, on the final straight now! That will be going straight off the mortgage. Current account checked and after subtracting what is left out of my backpay we still have money left this month! £330 to last 10 days which is far too much for us :rotfl:I reckon I can use at least £200 for OP/cc payment!

Off out with my mum at some point today, will go to a local garden centre and hopefully she can choose something nice for her birthday :) I wonder if a pretty hanging basket will detract from the look of the full skip on the drive!
  • CathT
    Forumite
    edited 12 March 2017 at 9:03PM
    Had a lovely afternoon with my mum and also popped to m*s to get the dine in deal with my vouchers. Spend £22 ish on food/wine and £17.99 on a cardigan (in one of my top colours) and it all came from vouchers! Spent cash on mums birthday present from the garden centre. Also did a load of washing at mums saving us money so need to get that hung out his morning. I'll pop here Sunday/Monday to do some more. It's just so much easier now it can be line dried!

Arrived home from our relaxing afternoon out to loads of builders here! They had gone to connect the drain and on lifting up the manhole cover found it full to the top! Drains unblocked and they had just finished before I got home!! Dh rang water company who came to check and said they've trimmed some roots but we don't know why it continues to block every few years.

Hoping to do something nice with the children today so willing the sun to come out!
  • newgirly
    newgirly Posts: 8,894
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Forumite
    I'm sure nobody will notice the skip if you put a hanging basket up :D your extension sounds great and it's making me want to have one of our own!
    2022 MFW 67 - 33 month challenge to clear mortgage, month 17 completed and and extra 2 knocked off 🙂MFI3 No.12
  • CathT
    Forumite
    newgirly wrote: »
    I'm sure nobody will notice the skip if you put a hanging basket up :D your extension sounds great and it's making me want to have one of our own!

Well that's what I hoped :rotfl:

Got off to a slow start this morning but 50p on y0ugov and dh has gone to kitchen place as they've not been in touch with our joiner. They've not actioned our email so we're going to ask elsewhere! All these delays are a bit frustrating but hey ho, am sure it will be completed eventually.
  • CathT
    Forumite
    Another weekend almost over. I started off the day by doing my first workout for months! Did 30 minutes and a mixture of weights and HIIT. So pleased i managed to do it and am not completely unfit! Had no lung pain or problems during the workout which was my concern but i still get pain throughout the day. It seems to be a super long recovery process.

Popped to our local park (which is huge and has a lake) for a play and picnic organised by one of the school mums. We had a really lovely time and it will definitely be repeated. Lots of us have zoo membership too so it's an option to all meet there one day.

Did a bit of money shuffling yesterday but i still need to send funds to their final destination! I will get around to it. Also did a couple of jobs off tomorrow's to do list which will save some time and stress. Main thing i need to do tomorrow is ring he student loans company. They have refunded a payment due to my training year but i haven't received the payment and my outstanding student loan balance isn't particularly promising!! Dh is just going to work a half day tomorrow (he will finish at 7am) as i cant get the day off for our wedding anniversary this week and we're going to go to ikea!! How romantic :)
  • CathT
    Forumite
    Oh my word, I'm shattered! Walked the children to school this morning and took washing to my mum's. We were about to head off to 1kea when the electrician rang us to say one of the light boxes was empty despite it still having the security seal! We took it back and the grumpy sales assistant clearly didn't believe us. However, they allowed us another one and the lights are up and look very pretty! We spent 2.5 hours in Ikea and although didn't go for anything specific we bought some plants, artificial flowers and vase, desk and stool, bench with shoe rack, candles and fabric boxes for storage unit. The unit was bought off bookface and came with black and green storage boxes so grey will match our colour schemes much better! Got home just in time for me to walk back up for the children!

Builders are here sorting the drains. I just need to find out what's happening as we don't know when joiner or tiler next due and it feels like we are stalling again! I did ask him for a completion date a few times this morning but he avoided the question!

Dh has taken Ds swimming so I best prepare a meal. In all honesty I could do with a nap!!
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 342.5K Banking & Borrowing
  • 249.9K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.4K Spending & Discounts
  • 234.6K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 172.8K Life & Family
  • 247.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.8K Discuss & Feedback