Ikea head office address?

Comments

• I have inbedded this letter to share with you the total disregard IKEA has for their customers, their customer service and to demonstrate they are a disgrace to the retail business. this letter was sent to the IKEA UK - COUNTRY MANAGER for which no reply has been received to date
    22 August 2009
    Dear Mr Hanssom
    I am a small business I opened this shop two years ago and have amongst other awards won the New Forest District Council Award for Outstanding Customer Service in 2008.

I am writing to complain to the highest authority the total dissatisfaction and anger I have experienced with your Southampton Shop. I am trying to open another shop, using all IKEA – “Traby” range products to install into a prestigious Department store group on the 15th of September.

Two years ago I held a business account, but when I tried to use it today I was informed it was closed as were all accounts, although I have never been informed of this.

I then wanted to pay by company business cheque for a forward order / delivery. This option was refused.

I wanted to place a £2000 order today for the new shop fit, but the shop would not take an order.

I tried to order from The Central distribution delivery service, but Traby can't be ordered. I can not pay for or arrange a future delivery as Ikea will not store for a future dispatch longer than three days.

I can not reserve the stock, Ikea can not guarantee the stock will be available, I can not get help to pick the stock, I have to go around the shop collect all the stock assuming it's available, load 5 trolleys pay for it and take it to the delivery area myself but can only do this if I have an immediate delivery.

The only option left is to go to the shop a week before my new business is due to open and fingers crossed hope that the shop has all the stock I need to pick, collate, pay and arrange delivery with a week to go before the shop opens and the £20,000 of stock arrives. Not forgetting I have to also build it all of course!.

Are you and your Company totally mad? How can any business small or large, be expected to operate under these terms and conduct business with you.

I am totally frustrated, appalled and disgusted with the negative, obstructive and unhelpful attitude of everyone I ever come into contact with in your business.

Ikea may be inexpensive but your Customer Service is a total disgrace to the retail business and if I hadn't created a brand that relied on your goods I would march with my feet.

At this stage I have 4 weeks before opening day and no shop fit assured.

I have nowhere to store the shop fit until the 7th of September with a shop opening on the 17th so the only way through is to come and get car load after car load myself and take it to several different addresses for storage. It is totally absurd Ikea and your customer service is a disgrace.

Having tried to negotiate with your Customer Service Department over the last week, the final outcome thus so far is, that I can go to the branch a week before I open the new shop, pick the stock myself etc, and their extra efforts will be to try and deliver it on time. But they are very keen to point out they can not guarantee they will have all the stock items I need.

I want to know from your office what you are going to do to resolve this matter in order that my new shop opens fully operational.

Yours truly,

• If you want to complain (remember to keep your complaint unemotional and constructive or they might just not read it)

The Ikea Holding (head of Ikea concern) is this:

Ingka Holding BV
    Bargelaan 20
    NL-2333 CT Leiden

CEO: Hans-Göran Stennert

CEO as from 1 September, 2009: Anders Dahlvig
  • payless
    payless Posts: 6,957 Forumite
    Name Dropper Combo Breaker First Post First Anniversary
    Bonajona- frustrating as it may be, Ikea have always had a particular policy for odering / collecting goods ..and have no obligation to meet individual requests .. if its a business venture I suggest you use a provider more suited to your needs.
    Any posts on here are for information and discussion purposes only and shouldn't be seen as (financial) advice.
  • If you want to complain (remember to keep your complaint unemotional and constructive or they might just not read it)

The Ikea Holding (head of Ikea concern) is this:

Ingka Holding BV
    Bargelaan 20
    NL-2333 CT Leiden

CEO: Hans-Göran Stennert

CEO as from 1 September, 2009: Anders Dahlvig

Sorry, Anders Dahlvig is the current chief of the concern. The new one will be Mikael Ohlsson.
  • Hi Everyone
    I found your forum when I was looking for Ikea central in Europe and I'm not sure actually if this is the righ question for this forum but I'll try ;-)
    I have question to you .Do you know any contact person and address to central of Ikea where I can send my offer.I'm producer of metal items and I would like to cooperate with Ikea .I can't find the right person and e mail address .I'm fre east europe .Thank you in advance for your help .Magdalena
  • Jimibeee2 wrote: »
    Ikea is a joke when it comes to treating the customer with any level of respect. the most disgustingly low levels of consumer help, I am pretty sure they only hire people who have previously been fired for giving low levels of customer service.

A REAL WARNING, DO NOT GO TO THE COVENTRY IKEA UNLESS YOU WANT VERY VERY POOR SERVICE, EVEN FROM THE MANAGERS!

I'm afraid I have to second this. Coventry customer service is very poor and the managers quite disrespectful even to polite calm customers. I have also tried to call them today and so far wasted 30 minutes in a queue on the phone, and 45 minutes in 'live chat' on the Ikea website. I've just written a letter to their head office FWIW.
    :love: I :heart2: Boots :love:
  • I have just suffered appalling service from IKEA Online. Wasted one week of my life trying to get a chairbed first delivered, then, when only half the order was delivered on the designated day, collected for return. They will only use Parcelforce which is as bad as IKEA for customer service and they are basically saying that unless I am prepared to take another day off work and wait on the off chance that Parcelforce might eventually show up they cannot help anymore. I have spent about £15 on phone calls so far over the past 5 days.
  • rl290
    rl290 Posts: 316 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    I've actually found the customer service amazingly good... it was all through central office, not a local store mind you. I have 2 tales:

1) Bought a table leg in store (well, 4 of them and a desk top) and the holes were drilled incorrectly. Went onto livechat online, and was told that I would have to go back to the store. Said I lived too far away, and they said they'd pop a replacement in the post - it was with me within a week.

2) Bought a dining table that had no instructions. Got a phoneback within half a day of speaking to central office. They had taken it off sale (the item has never gone back on sale... maybe I am the only person in the country with this piece of furniture!) and they told me I could have a go at assembling it, but could return it if it went badly. As it was, I was able to put it together, and I now believe I have a piece of UNIQUE Ikea furniture :)
  • ChrisCobra
    ChrisCobra Posts: 1,647 Forumite
    Dear god stop bumping a 4 and a half year old post!
  • alison999
    alison999 Posts: 1,769 Forumite
    rl290 wrote: »
    I've actually found the customer service amazingly good... it was all through central office, not a local store mind you. I have 2 tales:

1) Bought a table leg in store (well, 4 of them and a desk top) and the holes were drilled incorrectly. Went onto livechat online, and was told that I would have to go back to the store. Said I lived too far away, and they said they'd pop a replacement in the post - it was with me within a week.

2) Bought a dining table that had no instructions. Got a phoneback within half a day of speaking to central office. They had taken it off sale (the item has never gone back on sale... maybe I am the only person in the country with this piece of furniture!) and they told me I could have a go at assembling it, but could return it if it went badly. As it was, I was able to put it together, and I now believe I have a piece of UNIQUE Ikea furniture :)

i have to say ive used ikea many times and never had any problems.

last time i went i bought a table that was on offer through the ikea family card. i went to sort out home delivery (which even though is £35, id saved over £20 with my family card so it wasnt that bad) the lad said he felt bad charging me £35 for home delivery and arranged a taxi home for me which cost £15.

i was really grateful to that guy, he was lots of help and i couldnt of asked for better service :D
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure