Easyjet Tricks - guide discussion

Former_MSE_Nick
Former_MSE_Nick Posts: 463
I've been Money Tipped!
Forumite
edited 26 January at 4:21PM in Flights, currency & car hire
articlealert2_banner.gif

Hi all,

We've written a new Easyjet Tricks guide and would love your feedback.

How did you find the info? Was it useful? Do you have any other tips you'd add?

Thanks for your help!

MSE Nick

Comments

• fifeken
    fifeken Posts: 2,700
    First Anniversary First Post
    Forumite
    I'm not sure I agree with number 8, about checking in early for the best free seats. You don't get to choose without paying, so you're just as likely to be allocated an unwanted middle seat.

For number 9, the easyJet email comes about a day after flights are released, so you could miss the best prices if you rely on it.

You could add the trick to change currencies for those who might benefit.
  • katejo
    katejo Posts: 3,775
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Forumite
    fifeken wrote: »
    I'm not sure I agree with number 8, about checking in early for the best free seats. You don't get to choose without paying, so you're just as likely to be allocated an unwanted middle seat.

For number 9, the easyJet email comes about a day after flights are released, so you could miss the best prices if you rely on it.

You could add the trick to change currencies for those who might benefit.
    At least Easyjet does allow you to check in about 2 weeks ahead. My recent BA flights only allowed me to do it 24 hours ahead.
  • skid112
    skid112 Posts: 373
    First Post First Anniversary
    Forumite
    number 9, even as a Plus Card holder you no longer get 24 hours advanced notice anymore
    Save 12k in 2020 #19 £12,429.06/£14,000
  • sooty&sweep
    sooty&sweep Posts: 1,316 Forumite
    It was useful to know about the duty free bags.
    With a 4 hour flight you do need some form of entertainment with you I didn't fancy trying to get books, mags, Nintendo DSs etc out of a small suitcase on an aircraft.
    It does seem crazy that Easyjet doesn't allow a small handbag etc in addition to the suitcase.
    Jen
  • SW17
    SW17 Posts: 850
    Name Dropper First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Forumite
    It was useful to know about the duty free bags.
    With a 4 hour flight you do need some form of entertainment with you I didn't fancy trying to get books, mags, Nintendo DSs etc out of a small suitcase on an aircraft.
    It does seem crazy that Easyjet doesn't allow a small handbag etc in addition to the suitcase.
    Jen

They do allow a second, smaller, bag, if you are an easyJet Plus customer (which includes anyone buying an upfront or extra legroom seat).
  • leeparsons
    leeparsons Posts: 74
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Forumite
    But what is stooping you, to put that bag inside the larger case then?
  • SW17
    SW17 Posts: 850
    Name Dropper First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Forumite
    leeparsons wrote: »
    But what is stooping you, to put that bag inside the larger case then?

The contents of the larger case perhaps? Not sure I understand your question.
  • Hi folks,

First time posting.

Just reading the 16 easyjet tips (unfortunately already booked) and noticed the tip that with easyjet parents sit next to their children, without paying for prebooked seats. I recently booked flights for my wife and I and our 3 year old to Paris. I paid extra to choose seats purely to guarantee we'd be sat next to each other. I'm assuming it's pretty much certain easyjet wouldn't refund me this?

My fault for not investigating, but I booked when the story of a 3 year old was allocated a seat away from their parents on another budget airline was going about.

I'll drop then an email anyway...tips were really good.

Thanks, Chris.
  • Sparks33
    Sparks33 Posts: 59
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Forumite
    "If you book checked bags when you book an Easyjet flight, it's £11-£22/flight. This rises to £32/flight at check-in, then £45/flight at the gate - costs that easily make a budget flight not so purse-friendly."

Not sure where you get these prices from! My flights are £36 each bag for a return flight, at time of booking.
  • AnniD
    AnniD Posts: 1 Newbie
    Loved the tricks and trips, going straight to my calendar to note the dates. Thanks a lot. Anni D
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 342.5K Banking & Borrowing
  • 249.9K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.4K Spending & Discounts
  • 234.6K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 172.8K Life & Family
  • 247.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.8K Discuss & Feedback