Get out of your Orange contract

Couger
Couger Posts: 35 Forumite
If you look at your latest Orange bill, they are going to be charging for numbers like 07978 that are used to call abroad from December 15th. However, there is a clause in the Orange contract which enables you to terminate the contract early.

http://www1.orange.co.uk/mobileterms/

it is clause 4.3 in that link, the clause is:

"4.3 terminating your Contract because Orange has changed its terms
You may also terminate your Contract if we vary its terms, resulting in an excessive increase in the Charges or changes that alter your rights under this Contract to your detriment. In such cases you would need to give us at least 14 days written notice prior to your Billing Date (and within one month of us telling you about the changes). "
So if you want to cancel your contract early because of these changes, do it quickly but avoid paying for the remainder of your contract when Orange no longer give you any benefit!

Comments

• Couger, thank you for this. I am locked in battle with Orange at the moment as two weeks ago I called and asked about the package with free broadband. I was told which one it was and I said yes I would like to go ahead with that. As we already had the Orange Broadand I asked how I would go about switching it over. I was told once I recieved the phone to call. We received the phone on the Thursday 1st November. So on the Friday I phoned up to change over the pac code and to sort out the transfer of the broadband. I was passed from one department to another. Eventually I was told, sorry that package had finished and I could not have it. I said I expressly asked for that package, so I was wrongly sold it.

I was then told it would have to be passed back to Sarah, the lady who sold it to me. They could not find her, so an email was sent to her. When i had still not heard from her on the Monday I called again. No sorry, Sarah was busy with another call, could they help? So I told them what had happened and was again told Sarah would call me back. Tuesday arrived and still no call. I was told that Sarah was trying to speak to a supervisor and would call me back when she had. Wednesday arrived and still no call back. So I called using a different name. This time she did call. She said that Orange could not provide me with the package she had told me had been available. I have since then been trying to cancel my contract. Yet again this morning I have spent over an hour on the phone to them

I have never had such bad customer service as this and deeply regret our decission to change to Orange.
  • how do i use the 07978 numbers ? to help me get out of my orange contract ive googled it and dont have a easy way yet
    Thanks
  • Go to Hot Uk Deals and type in Orange as a search, there's a really long thread on there.
  • Any thoughts on getting out of a two year Orange contract on the grounds of having moved house and not being able to get reception in the new location?

I'm only 10 months in and don't want s*** reception for the remainder.
  • pmduk
    pmduk Posts: 10,655 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Combo Breaker
    You might be better creating a new thread rather than resuscitate a 3 year old one.
  • robt_2
    robt_2 Posts: 3,401 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    New thread or not, the simple answer is no you can't get out of your contract because you moved to an area with no reception.
  • rb10
    rb10 Posts: 6,334 Forumite
    Make sure you've signed up for T-mobile signal, by going to https://www.orange.co.uk/share.

This will increase your chances of getting signal at home.
  • robt wrote: »
    New thread or not, the simple answer is no you can't get out of your contract because you moved to an area with no reception.

There must be some grounds for termination of contact.

I'm effectively paying for nothing right now.:money:
  • sporedude
    sporedude Posts: 1,563 Forumite
    There must be some grounds for termination of contact.

I'm effectively paying for nothing right now.:money:

No grounds atall, you moved to an area with no signal, not the networks problem :money:
  • So I carry on paying for rough signal at best with no come back at all?

Don't think so. There's always a way.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.6K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport