Transfer Test AQE 2015-2016 *NEW THREAD*

I see dates are up now and it sems to be getting more real
http://www.thetransfertest.com/key-dates
I know my son is thinking about it already and and stressing a bit hopefully that calms down over the coming Months
would like to hear from other parents whose Children are doing the tests this year .
~We are all going to hell and guess who Is driving the bus~
*Norn Iron club Member 294* (Hi, we’ve had to remove part of your signature. If you’re not sure why please read the forum rules or email the forum team if you’re still unsure - MSE Forum Team)

Comments

• BOBS
    BOBS Posts: 2,871 Forumite
    Hi Cherryscone - cant believe I am starting to think about AQE for the third time !!!!!
    Have you been through process before ?
    [FONT=verdana,arial,helvetica][/FONT]
  • Cherryscone
    Cherryscone Posts: 1,412 Forumite
    Photogenic First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Hi Bobs this is my 1st previous two were 11plus this is way more stressful.
    *Norn Iron club Member 294* (Hi, we’ve had to remove part of your signature. If you’re not sure why please read the forum rules or email the forum team if you’re still unsure - MSE Forum Team)
  • BOBS
    BOBS Posts: 2,871 Forumite
    Starting to look at buying some practice papers for doing at home. Any suggestions which ones ?
    Have used PMP before and no complaints but wondering if the CEA ones are any better ?
    Any thoughts welcome.
    [FONT=verdana,arial,helvetica][/FONT]
  • Cherryscone
    True North tonight UTV 10.50 is about the Transfer Test should be worth watching.
  • Hi it's on BBC 1 tonight at 10:50
  • Cherryscone
    Watched it it would have be nice to k ow how the kids got on :)
  • Sugarmummy
    Sugarmummy Posts: 79 Forumite
    edited 28 April 2015 at 10:40PM
    Felt disappointed in the show last night, as it didn't go into the marking aspects of the aqe, and to dispel all the various theories of how the results are determined. Felt the show was more about highlighting the diversity of the students taking the exam and not really showing the stress pupils and parents are under. Would have liked to have known what the kids got too....just to be nosy lol
  • Cherryscone
    Sugarmummy wrote: »
    Felt disappointed in the show last night, as it didn't go into the marking aspects of the aqe, and to dispel all the various theories of how the results are determined. Felt the show was more about highlighting the diversity of the students taking the exam and not really showing the stress pupils and parents are under. Would have liked to have known what the kids got too....just to be nosy lol

I agree Sugarmummy i don't think we can last to November my son is stressing already :mad:what about yours?
  • Cherryscone
    Key Dates 2015/16
    Below are the important dates for those children preparing to sit either transfer test in 2015 to gain entry to year 8 Grammar Schools in 2016.
    GL Assessment related dates are yet to be confirmed by the PPTC.

2015/16 AQE Timetable (pdf)
    2015/16 PPTC Timetable (pdf) - Available in Apr/May

Registration Opens
    1st May 2015: AQE Registration forms available.
    5th May 2015: AQE Registration Opens
    18th May 2015: PPTC (GL Assessment) Registration Opens (to be confirmed)

Registration Closes
    11th Sep 2015: AQE Assessment Applications Closes
    25th Sep 2015: PPTC (GL Assessment) Registration Closes (2pm) (to be confirmed)
    23rd Nov 2015: PPTC Supplementary Entrance Assessment Registration Closes (2pm) (to be confirmed)

Assessment Dates
    7th Nov 2015: AQE 1st Assessment (CEA)
    14th Nov 2015: GL Assessments (PPTC) (to be confirmed)
    21st Nov 2015: AQE 2nd Assessment (CEA)
    28th Nov 2015: AQE 3rd Assessment (CEA)
    5th Dec 2015: GL Supplementary Entrance Assessment (PPTC) (to be confirmed)

Access/Special Circumstances Dates
    18th Sep 2015: AQE Access Forms (ACC15) submission deadline.
    September/October 2015: AQE Access decision - candidate's parent/guardian notified.
    11th Dec 2015: PPTC (GL Assessment) Special Circumstances Registration Closes (2pm). (to be confirmed)

Results
    30th Jan 2016: AQE (CEA) results arrive at children’s homes
    30th Jan 2016: GL Assessment results arrive at children’s homes
    AQE & GL Results letters are posted 1st class on Friday 29th of January and should arrive the next day (Saturday 30th Jan). Parents worried about late post may wish to contact the Post Office to make alternative arrangements.

Remarking
    5th Feb 2016: AQE Assessment (CEA) re-mark application form submission deadline.
    12th Feb 2016: GL Assessment (GL) re-mark requests deadline (2pm). (to be confirmed)
    Feb/Mar 2016: AQE Assessment (CEA) re-mark results.

Pupils apply to Schools
    Feb/March 2016: Primary principals will hold meetings with parents and complete Transfer Forms for post-primary education. Transfer Forms will be sent to ELBs/ESA.

School Allocation
    May/June 2016 - Parents are informed by the relevant Education and Library Board of the school that their child has been allocated to. Each Board may notify parents on different dates.
  • Sugarmummy
    Sugarmummy Posts: 79 Forumite
    Cherryscone, my eldest did his last year and did ok. Hoping he will get into the school of his choice but won't know till the end of the month. My middle child is due to do it this year, but he is at present not interested. He can do the papers etc he's just not bothered. Am not pushing him at the moment as that may just put him off altogether. His school has only just started going through the papers. I will wait a wee while and see whether or not it's worth putting him in for it.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure