December Debt Destruction!!!

Comments

• Hi everyone, i'm not sure I can manage all the points on the DDD so i'm going to have a good read of it tomorrow and work out what I can realistically accomplish and do my best!

Good luck to all of you taking on the proper challenge xxx
    Nov NSD: 8/7 Dec NSD: 1/10
    Sealed pot member #1443 2011: £106. 2012: £171
    Ninjakat challenge: Aim to clear two debts by April 2013
    100 day challenge: No toiletries or magazines 19/100 (3 x fails :()
    Extra payment a week challenge: Total to date: £2355.53
  • BigMummaF
    BigMummaF Posts: 4,281 Forumite
    ....the Cheese and crackers I convince myself I need. Speciality cheeses are very expensive. going to have a think about that....Supermarkets usually do little bits of 'speciality' cheeses for about £1 ea or so many for £x. Would that be enough to take the edge off your craving?

....Not sure how much Gluten free flour costs compared to normal Strong bread flour, but I have been making my own bread and it works about about 40p per loaf. And thats a large one using 550g of flour.

So well worth doing it. You don't really need any equipment.
    Just flour, yeast, salt, sugar, butter & water. knead, shape into a round mound on a baking tray, leave to rise and bake.
    Ok you will not have the conventional square shaped sandwiches, but who likes to be conventional :D.

Go for it xxx
    Recipe will make pizza bases too. Make up the full amount as bases & freeze some to take out at crucial times, like watching See-Ess-Eye :rotfl: or make bread rolls/little loaf with the rest.

Those little cheeses are a good idea if you've never tried a variety before. Last year we had lunch with my cousin & it was my first taste of a cornish brie & an applewood smoked cheddar :drool: & will be on my list for this year. A small indulgence but we don't do 'xmas lunch' as such; don't care for turkey so this year I snaffled a lovely leg of lamb & piece of beef for under £20 the two, & we'll probably have HM spotted hick or HM trifle for pud :T
    If The Offspring want booze, they buy their own but we are all content with a flavoured fizzy water spruced up with pretty wine glasses & a slice of cucumber.
    the_cat wrote: »
    ....• Batch cook now, try to avoid massive tins of sweets,fancy biscuits in expensive tins and £7 cakes from M&S. Good idea, will get cracking. Can make low fat healthythings that fit in better with restricted low cholesterol diet too
    • Down-shift some “essentials” to Supermarket Own Brands…get the family used toit now!!! Is there a downgrade fromValue?!!....
    Could I scrounge your recipes please? Some of us around here are carrying more padding than the health professionals seem to think is necessary :whistle: & I'm that desperate for ideas I've got The Beary Hikers diet book on me crimbly list...& that's not natural :rotfl:
    With you on the 'after value; what next' :( My standing is: try it twice & like it--fine; don't like it--go back to what you were having. But those pompous twassox who tell you to "eat healthy alternatives" need to walk around a shop with a budget of £X & see what they can get :mad: Would love brown rice & poached salmon, so close my eyes & imagine that's on my plate while chowing on couscous & tinned sardines :D

So Please Miss/ter; can I join your gang?
    I pwomiss to try my 'ardist to do the fings you sed?
    So can I? Pwitty Pweeze?
    Full time Carer for Mum; harassed mother of three;
    loving & loved by two 4-legged babies.

• First NSD for me today - woke up full of panic at the thought of not being able to spend any money which is silly really.

Kept myself busy cleaning and off to work soon and it appears to have gone out of my mind.

Won't finish work until most shops in my area are closed so temptation to nip and get a few bits will be gone!!!!

Hope you all have a fantastic Sunday

StGood
    StartingToGetOutofDebt

October 2012 Debt. Loan £12394.55. Sainsburys CC £3594. Mint CC £4475. MBNA CC £2648.62.Total Debts £23112.17]
    Sealed pot challenge #1887
  • Hey everyone,

declaring a NSD for yesterday AND today :D. The night out with work didn't happen either due to several people being ill so I still have a little bit of money in my purse from Nov.

I did however succumb to the vending machine - i had a free chocolate wrapper from last week that i traded in. and guess what - I WON AGAIN. so thats my fix for next sat sorted without any spend :D

Working at the gym until closing but will still be able to squeeze in a 20-30 min session before they kick me out!
    1% at a time challenge member #127

MWF: as@ Oct13 £45,917, now £43,024.56
  • LaFolie
    LaFolie Posts: 76 Forumite
    First NSD for me today - woke up full of panic at the thought of not being able to spend any money which is silly really.

I'm sure it'll get less scary :) and just think, better to have NSDs through your own choice and control (as you're doing now) than being forced to have NSDs as all means of cash and credit have been exhausted!

Hang in there & power through! x
    Overdraft: -£980
    CC: [STRIKE]£677[/STRIKE] £627

May Targets
    NDS: / 6

• abundant1972
    abundant1972 Posts: 1,663 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Photogenic
    edited 2 December 2012 at 4:00PM
    Hi All

Busy day starting the room move. Car loaded and ready to go!!! After I unpack at the other end that is more than going to make up my 20 minutes worth of exercise - am knackered!!! I was good - didn't pack my Rebbok Step yet lol...
    Today = NSD number 1

Also scraped together another 1% (that's 5% this month alone) to clear off my debts bringing me to 15% cleared. I've lumped in a £1000 Emergency Fund into my debt total and that has now exceeded £500 meaning I don't have to rely on my Credit Card (£500 credit limit) anymore. Am feeling really positive!!!

Because I didn't use any of my allotted £10 spending money yesterday (spend day) that has rolled on to the next spend day...
    :snow_grinCASH SNOWBALL :snow_grin
    £20.00
    :rudolf:
    DFD = August 2027 @ £250/month
    Follow your heart & be true to yourself always
    My life is full of abundance and prosperity
    NST Feb: Food & Spends = £216.51 / £290.00 NSD = 1 /15
    Be kind - Eat well - Exercise - Be mindful
  • Woohoo first day of DDD done :j

So I had a spend day day, bought in my shopping for the next 2 weeks minimum which came to £21.61. Saved quite a bit with vouchers and earned a lot of points :) I also took a trip to Thornton's and got my free chocolate bar - yummy:D

Spent the evening/night walking around the Manchester Christmas markets, so that was my exercise for yesterday.

Today I'm in work until midnight, so I took my doggy for a good walk around the park and did a load of batch cooking - sausage casserole, sweet and sour chicken, chicken korma and steak with peppers and onions :D

Candy
    x
  • NSD here and sold over £600 worth of stuff on Ebay today!!!!! So Im happy, though that does mean that Ive nothing worth anything left to sell, but a few bits and pieces soon add up, a pair of new jeans sold for £7.50 which I thought was pretty good as they were only supermarket ones! was trying for a NSD tomorrow but pigs need food and hubby 'needs' tobacco which I was going to get on Tuesday with the home delivery shopping but hey ho one day at a time.......
  • brizzledfw
    brizzledfw Posts: 7,302 Forumite
    Debt-free and Proud!
    Hi

Just checking in..

£5.15 spent today on hot drinks for kids in between events. In retrospect should have taken a thermos of hot chocolate but as I only took fruit and snacks I did end up buying hot drinks. So a rule broken:(

However that's it. Came back to a late lunch of LeftOvers and Use Ups. Ignored any offers in Asd@ as we have plenty of food. Now vegging in front of TV with a blazing fire...2 tired but happy kids. Even got an egg from the chooks today so tea will be boiled eggs and HM bread. Not a bad result.

No exercise yet..but all this talk of Steps may make me dust mine off this eve! Haven't forgotten that rule! ;)

PS Just watching Nigel Slater make what look like great crackers 'seeded snaps'..as we have all the ingredients I might make those later this week..!
    MFiT-T4 Member No. 96 - 2022 is my MF goal :D
    Winter 17/18 Savings Rate Goal: 25% [October 30%] :T
    Declutter 60 items before 31.03.18 9/60 ** LSDs Target 10 for March 03/10 **AFDs 10/15 ** Sales/TCB Target 2018 £25/£500 NSDs Target 10 for March 02/10 Trying to be a Frugalista:rotfl::T
  • missyv30
    missyv30 Posts: 188 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Well had to spend today as needed shopping so spent £48.18 but thats because the girls are with me alot this week. Should be less next week. Still selling things on ebay so hopefully make some money of that.
    :j

Debt as of Jan 17 £32990.71: :eek:
    Debt as of June 2020 £18636
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.6K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills