PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.

OS Daily Saturday 20th August

Hardup_Hester
Hardup_Hester Posts: 4,800 Forumite
edited 20 August 2011 at 7:55AM in Old style MoneySaving
Hi, this is the Daily Thread for Saturday 20th August. This is an “over the garden fence” type thread where we chat about everything Old Style and maybe a little bit more. It’s a great, inspiring and motivating thread we start each day to discuss what Old Style things we’re going to do today or what we’ve achieved already. Everyone’s welcome, please do come in, put your feet up (although check the fence hasn’t just been painted first!) and join us for an Old Style natter. The more the merrier!

As this is the Old Style Board, it would be appreciated if posts could include some Old Style content. Please be aware that many people may have small screens, or slow internet connections, so please don’t post large pictures, or clip art – links are preferred.

When you make a post, if you feel like giving it a title, that will help others that don’t have the time to read everything skim through the thread quickly but if not it's not a problem. Please do not start a new daily thread before you go to bed at night because this often leaves things confusing with two daily threads live at the same time. The idea is that a member would start each new daily thread after they get up in the morning.

Some people who chat here like to try to answer everyone. Don’t feel you have to though, a general “hi everyone, hope everyone’s well” type start does just as well.

Morning all
I'm not sure what the weather will be like today, it was meant to be sunny but now the forecast is for rain, still I don't have much washing to do as I caught up yesterday.
Plans today include using up yet another bag of apples by making chutney with them & some of my tomatoes & runner beans, I may make some compost heap jelly as well.
Hubby will not watch the GP qually as it's not on til next week, but will watch rugby instead & rest his back that he hurt by fighting with a runaway bin at work.
Have a good day everyone.
Hugs Hester

Never let success go to your head, never let failure go to your heart.

Comments

• Molly41
    Molly41 Posts: 4,919 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Good Morning Hester and OS friends x
    Up early to take DD to work so washing on, dogs fed and watered.
    We are off to the dreaded C0stc0 today as we have run out of a lot of staples especially as kids off school and seem to constantly eat/ drink. In particular DS2 seems to drink a 4 pint carton of milk per day which suddenly leaves me short when I need my morning cuppa :eek:

Anyway will catch up with you later and hope you all have a good day x
    I must not fear. Fear is the mind-killer.
    Fear is the little-death that brings total obliteration.
    I will face my fear. I will permit it to pass over and through me. When it has gone past I will turn the inner eye to see its path.
    When the fear has gone there will be nothing. Only I will remain.
  • esmf73
    esmf73 Posts: 1,784 Forumite
    Molly - have a good time at Costco - I love that place, but always spend too much xxx

Well we're back from camping - OK we were in a motorhome, but I'm amazed we survived being in such a small space with our two little boys. Talk about trying your patience!! Have already got 2 loads of washing done, 3rd in and DS1 has added to my wash pile :( As we still have the camper out of storage we're off to visit inlaws today. Back tomorrow, but will give me a chance to give the camper a good scrub down. Better get back to putting out the washing (on the airer!) have a great day everyone. x
    2014 will be all about ME!
    ( well that hasn't happened!!!)
    Mortgage free. Will be debt free in Nov 2014. Credit card £250
  • candygirl
    candygirl Posts: 29,455 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary First Post
    Don't adjust your screens:eek::eek: I have been up since 5.45am with Boo, who wakes as soon as it's light:D:DShe was unimpressed with the Zippy I got her off hols, and threw it on the floor.SOTD is picking her up at 11am then me and OH are off to the boot fair:D:D
    I have already put a load of washing on the line, and another ones in now:D:D
    It's our 1st year anniversary today, the past year has been sooo eventful and has gone so fast:D:DMight go out for a few beers tonight if we're still awake;)
    Anyway ((((huggles)))) to all in need today:A
    "You can't stop the waves, but you can learn to surf"

(Kabat-Zinn 2004):D:D:D
  • Hardup_Hester
    Oh dear Candygirl, the joys of young children, lol.

• candygirl
    candygirl Posts: 29,455 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary First Post
    Oh dear Candygirl, the joys of young children, lol.

She is a darling, but has trashed the whole house:eek::eek::eek:
    "You can't stop the waves, but you can learn to surf"

(Kabat-Zinn 2004):D:D:D
  • Hardup_Hester
    You can imagine what my house looks like when mine have visited, 3 from each family, lol.

• Bitsy_Beans
    Bitsy_Beans Posts: 9,640 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Morning everyone.
    Dullity dull here, might need to break out my miners helmet at this rate.
    Plans today are to get some ironing done, last of washing, do some housework and generally start prepping to go on hols.
    Back giving me awful sciatica when I go to bed, lying on my hips causes it but I can't sleep on my back so cue lots of massage from H with ibuprophen gel me thinks.
    No idea what's for tea, probably pizza for the kids, will see what H fancies later.

Hester - Oooh do elaborate what's compost heap jelly :eek:
    esmf - I hope it doesn't rain too much whilst we're away as being trapped in a caravan with DS and DD will be torture, especially DS who NEEDS space to run around :eek:
    Candy - Me thinks Boo needs a firm hand ;)

Hugs and spoons all round. Have a good day OS or not.
    I have a gift for enraging people, but if I ever bore you it'll be with a knife :D Louise Brooks
    All will be well in the end. If it's not well, it's not the end.
    Be humble for you are made of earth. Be noble for you are made of stars
  • redruby
    redruby Posts: 7,317 Forumite
    Morning all,

Its a bit dull and overcast here :(, which is a shame as we have 100 people coming to a party in my sisters garden tonight :D

Yesterday I cooked 3 huge gammons, so I will need to slice these today, mum has cooked the beef, and made a coronation chicken, I need to make 2 doz cupcakes this morning, and I was going to make some to the malteaser bake from yesterdays thread, (sorry cant remember who posted) there are about 14 children going, and I am sure they will love it.

I have a tray of corgettes, onions, baby toms and garlic roasting in the oven, which I will let cool and add to some pasta salads.

So that will be my os for today, oh as well as 2 washes :D. I will ask OH to hoover through, the rest can wait till tomorrow.

Its my darling Dads Birthday today :j:beer:, so will go and see him later on.

Candy thats twice in one week you have been on early :eek::eek: can't be right !!

Have good days all xx
  • Loulou2010
    Loulou2010 Posts: 13,245 Forumite
    morning everyone

slept solidly or 4 hours last night :j but now the muscles have into a spasm in my neck and shoulder :( i swear sleep is bad for you :o last time this happened i ended with injections up the backside and wearing a collar for week. just taken some painkillers and keeping very still until painkillers kick in

os today - nothing i dont think :o hubby was going to take ds to see kung fu panda 2 at kids am in the cinema but they are both still snoring away

candy - 5.45 :eek: ds doesnt know that time of day exists :o:rotfl:

have good day everyone :)

oh ps - does anyone know any good caravan parks that are cheap and cheerful. looking at going away from fri -mon incornwall/devon area. well anywhere with a beach
    "I have learnt that even when I have pains, I don't have to be one"
    "You may not control all the events that happen to you, but you can decide not to be reduced by them.”
    Maya Angelou
  • flutterbyuk25
    flutterbyuk25 Posts: 7,009 Forumite
    Morning all

You lot have all made me :cry: this morning (in a good way). Thanks for all the helpful comments re B12 and the PM, you lot are fab :A. I feel like such a moany cow at the moment so thanks for putting up with me!

It's grey and looking like rain here :(. I'm off to Cardiff today to watch the rugby (Wales V Argentina) with 3 friends. It'll be a challenge with the vertigo but I still want to go. We'll be heading straight back after though as my friend who is driving is going out tonight.

Think I'll have a quiet night in (again!) as I have early start tomorrow too as we are off to Bristol to meet baby Isla (my best friend's baby!) :D.

OS wise - ........ummmmm.........:o........does re-heating last night's takeaway for tea tonight count?! :rotfl:

Have a good day all

x
    * Rainbow baby boy born 9th August 2016 *

* Slimming World follower (I breastfeed so get 6 hex's!) *
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business