PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.

Is your heating ON or OFF?

Comments

• Lucie_2
    Lucie_2 Posts: 1,482 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Me too, crumbled last night cos it was freezing! OH has asked for the winter duvet back on instead of the summer one too.

Edit: just remembered must go bleed the rads too & check all the thermostats, as most of ours have individual controls. I keep em turned off in the rooms we never use.
  • finc
    finc Posts: 1,095 Forumite
    We haven't put it on yet and I'm trying to hold on another couple of weeks before we do. I know that once we start using it it's on most of the time as we get used to being warm again :rolleyes:

We've all got extra layers on for now but I have Raynauds and have had to restart my meds and got my handwarmers back out. I even tuck them in my socks when I'm in the house, very toasty but not very attractive. :o
    :smileyhea
  • Imelda
    Imelda Posts: 1,399 Forumite
    Name Dropper Combo Breaker First Post First Anniversary
    Nope, going to try to hold out until November. It's just me to please so I am hoping to do it. I know that once I start using the heating it will be on until next May (even though it will probably be warmer by then). The only thing I am finding difficult is getting into bed, it's freezing, think I will get myself a hot water bottle for those first 10 mins as once I'm asleep, the roof could fall off and I wouldn't wake up..
    Saving for an early retirement!
  • Strepsy
    Strepsy Posts: 5,651 Forumite
    I put it on when we'd come home from the school run lastnight for an hour. That seemed to do the trick as we didn't need it on again lastnight. Guess I'll be airing the flanelette sheets then.
    I've been lucky, I'll be lucky again. ~ Bette Davis
  • culpepper
    culpepper Posts: 4,076 Forumite
    Not on here yet.Im the only one at home during the day 5 times a week and recently Ive been digging potatoes whenever its not raining,so Im toasty.
    The half term is week after next though so there might be some complaints then if it still isn't on.
  • Imelda
    Imelda Posts: 1,399 Forumite
    Name Dropper Combo Breaker First Post First Anniversary
    finc wrote:
    We haven't put it on yet and I'm trying to hold on another couple of weeks before we do. I know that once we start using it it's on most of the time as we get used to being warm again :rolleyes:

We've all got extra layers on for now but I have Raynauds and have had to restart my meds and got my handwarmers back out. I even tuck them in my socks when I'm in the house, very toasty but not very attractive. :o

My OH has Raynauds, he didn't tell me until we had been going out for a few weeks and I found the electric blanket and foot warmer......... I thought he was two-timing me with a granny! Just kidding, it is awful though and he refuses to take any meds. Do the meds you take make much difference?
    Saving for an early retirement!
  • linzibean
    linzibean Posts: 437 Forumite
    Not yet, I'm too tight :P Though it is getting chilly for my poor guinea pigs, i might put it on for a little in the mornings soon.
  • oops_a_daisy
    oops_a_daisy Posts: 2,460 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary Combo Breaker Debt-free and Proud!
    LOL I was waiting for somebody to start this thread :rotfl:

well the house is definately getting colder but we have managed so far with putting on a fleece and socks - think if this is it and it continues this cold I will have to give in and put the heating on :p Might try to last till after the weekend as I am out late tomorrow working and away on Saturday night...... am I clutching at straws and trying to put off the inevitable :o
    :cool: Official DFW Nerd Club Member #37 Debt free Feb 07 :cool:
  • We gave in last night and put it on - our house is stupidly old and has really drafty sash windows and despite two tops and big woolly poncho it was unbearably cold. Have thermostat set lower than we will in about 2 months tho and is set to come on for about three hours a day, so it's not too bad.
    Lightbulb Moment: January 2006

Current Debt: Loan 35500 9.9% Secured - taken out to consolidate all other payments coz there were so many!!

Total Household Income: 1866.00 p/m

Aiming to be debt-free by July 2011 :eek: :D

Official DFW Nerd Club - Member no. 138 :j
  • beachbeth
    beachbeth Posts: 3,862 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Im afraid I have had the heating on. Every morning since about last Thursday (although I was poorly last week, so needed the warmth) I have had the heating on for about half an hour before getting up and another half hour after. Last night was quite cold so I had the heating on then too! Plus I had washing that wasn't quite dry so it finished this off too.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.6K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback