PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.

Weekly Flylady Thread 15th August 2011

1464748495052»

Comments

• pigpen
    pigpen Posts: 40,978 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary Photogenic First Post
    Good to see you are surviving Vanilla xx

Lazy food tonight.. chip shop chips and yesterdays roast pig.. I cant be bothered! Does ketchup count as a vegetable??

I am going to write names in school things .. and decide whether to hobble into town to the shoe shop tomorrow or wait and ask OH to drive us down to the shop on the avenue.. decisions decisions....
    LB moment 10/06 Debt Free date 6/6/14
    Hope to be debt free until the day I die
    Mortgage-free Wannabee (05/08/30)
    6/6/14 £72,454.65 (5.65% int.)
    08/12/2023 £33602.00 (4.81% int.)
  • froddington
    froddington Posts: 6,697 Forumite
    First Post Combo Breaker First Anniversary
    Just popping in to let you know that soappie is ok but obviously shocked over the death of the Red Arrows pilot although she hadn't met him personally (apparently, it was his first year). BB is fine too. soappie sends her love to all x

Love, hugs, prayers and spoons also to L-L and Toots xx
    "There's only one way of life and that's your own" - Levellers

"I'm feeling like a Monday but someday I'll be Saturday night" - Bon Jovi
  • serena
    serena Posts: 2,387 Forumite
    :hello:Bonjour chère amies!
    I'm home - and I want to go back to France! Nothing wrong with home, but we had such a lovely week, that I didn't want to leave - no-one did. The gite was a converted farm building on a vineyard, in a tiny village, but only about half an hour from lots of interesting things to do and visit. Despite the poor weather forecast, we had only one day of rain, and brilliant hot sun the rest of the time.

I haven't caught up yet, so love and hugs wherever wanted or needed.
    It is never too late to become what you were always intended to be
  • Valli
    Valli Posts: 24,757 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary First Post
    edited 21 August 2011 at 7:17PM
    note to self P 25

there has been a bit of shouting and 'you're faulting' going on in Valliland - suffice it to say I have been on the internet for 30 minutes and on and off the PC all day trying to get ON the internet.

DD was thrust into attic to get router box for therein lay the CD

router has been uninstalled and re-installed

guest acces has NOW been disabled

we thought, at one point, someone had hacked into it and changed the password. No support from provider because it's an unsupported router...anyway I twiddled - and one of the things I did was put it on PPPoA (no I don't know either) which it wasn't on - but that was after the reinstall anyway and I *think* I had to do that before...anyway I'm on

e bay postal addresses saved onto word. Two items today to add to 2 items yesterday and I was highly stressed as I hadn't got the address for the high-value sale...

*and breathe*

THEN DS said oh yeah...I might have changed that... and went out

Usually I would have just popped to my mums and borrowed hers - but they're in Budapest - my mum, who has NO BUSINESS being this IT savvy has a dual screen PC so she can surf and watch TV simultaneously.

Went to paper shop because magazine wasn't in paper

went to watch DS play football during ONE lull in IT messing

went to party next door last night and DIDN'T need to be brought home:T

boiled gammon BEFORE I went to football so dinner was ready quickly - it would have been even quicker if SOMEONE hadn't knocked the pliers - the ones stopping the gas cut-off to the hob - which meant the gas was cut off.:o

Now caught up with the thread and I too thought of Soappie - and Crafty sorry but I laughed out loud at the BM 'disaster'

Oh I have done washing and ironing, too!
    Don't put it DOWN; put it AWAY
    "I would like more sisters, that the taking out of one, might not leave such stillness" Emily Dickinson
    :heart:Janice 1964-2016:heart:

Thank you Honey Bear
  • decogecko
    decogecko Posts: 763 Forumite
    Hi all

I too have had a bm disaster - was rising nicely, then collapsed within itself. I hadn't opened the lid so I don't know why it's doing it? It has just started to do this after 2ish years good service. I changed the yeast but to no avail.

Like Mrs_B I used to live near RAF Scampton and yes it did give me a sense of pride watching them practice. Feel for his widow, having been there myself, the days and months ahead won't be easy.

Blueberry muffins baked - followed a recipe on bbc website but think I added too much nutmeg, taste a bit like egg custard for some reason!!
    Cupcakes baked - will freeze these and ice them at a later date.

I'm doing anything to avoid the ironing (my weekly frog) hate doing it esp on a sunday (makes me think of work and cuts the weekend short imho)

All the best to Vanilla and your family,

x
  • Hello all :hello:

We got back from our hols yesterday, but then had a busy day. We picked up the dog from the sitter. He was pleased to see us (the dog, that is :p) We then went to Little Miss Sunshine's birthday party for a couple of hours. then it was back home, ordered a pizza (had no food in :o) and then went to the Torchlight carnival along the seafront. waited ages for the fireworks, but there weren't any :(

Today we have been playing catch up. DW emptied, refilled, emptied & refilled, WM x 4 (all dry now), hand washed a top, vac'd downstairs, went to town & bought DS's birthday present (an X Box!!) and some food, had a BBQ. DS cleaned the bathroom, DD1 dusted & polished the LR, & DD2 spent all afternnon making a birthday cake for DS! DH has cut the grass & tidied the garden (which was thirsty & has been watered twice!). So a busy day!

Hugs & spoons to those that need them :)
    And i will see you on the new thread (it is Sunday today, isn't it?!)
  • pigpen
    apparently it is Sunday.. I had to get rodents off to bed.. and filled a binbag or 3... and cleared my bed so I can get in it tonight :p

Why is it so hot????????????
  • greenbee
    greenbee Posts: 16,115 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary First Post
    Valli - maybe you should change the admin password on the router so DS can't get in and change nothing :) having said that... I've forgotten mine...

Progress is being made with things returning to their homes. I have been through both my filing drawers and archived some old material and got rid of a bit. I have paid 3 bills and submitted my meter readings. I may even get the coffee table and kitchen table clear before the cleaner arrives tomorrow...

Bins and recycling are collected on Wednesday... The recycling bin is pretty much overflowing from all the packaging from the bathroom.

My brother has shown now sign of coming over here to collect the cot... Which is beginning to annoy me as I can't access most of what's in the shed because it is taking up so much space.
  • pigpen
  • pigpen
    Everydailies for Sunday

DW x2
    Finish 2nd curtain for DD2
    rehang DD2s blind
    DS1s stuff dropped at his
    DS3s new school bag collected from Argos
    ebay parcelling.. 6 to go!
    List 10 things on ebay

Other stuff :s

Hang cupboard door in girls room and glitter it
    Minimum of 3 binbags flung to CS..
    Measure gap for desk for boys room.. source said desk
    Sort coats etc under the stairs
    Draught tape doors and windows... and cat flap lol
    Sort girls clothes again
    Sort bedding
    Sort towels
    Price up new pillows for the 7 childrens beds and duvets for the 3 girls
    Sort fabric stash under the stairs.
    Update Toots list
    Wire brush flaky paint off front door
    Mince bush
    pick weeds out of patio again
    repoint patio
    Monday ~ Living room, Hall, Stairs and Porch!
    Level One
    Declutter all the floors
    Level Two
    Vacuum all the floors

Tuesday ~ Kitchen and dining area
    Level One
    Declutter and wipe worksurfaces.. 3rd still a WIP!. . . Still on with it :eek:.. I found a bit of the actual worktop today!
    Sweep and mop the floor
    Level Three
    Clean the oven and hob

Extras
    1. Clean light fittings
    Wednesday ~ Bathroom, Study and Stairs!
    Level One
    Declutter floors
    Vacuum/mop all these floors
    Level Two
    scrub the tiles.. paying particular attention to yellowed grout.

Thursday ~ Master Bedroom & Landing
    Level 1
    [STRIKE]Declutter the floor[/STRIKE].. permanent WIP
    Level 2
    Dust surfaces & make sure no cobwebs..

Level 3
    Vacuum landing
    Sort one area of clothes or linen storage

Extras
    1. Binbag dance!
    2. Make sure you are well on your way to having the new school wardrobe kitted out.. labelling? .. I have new pens! :D
    Friday - childrens rooms and spare room
    Level One
    vacuum the floors
    Level Two
    [STRIKE]Binbag dance [/STRIKE]
    Level Three
    tidy the cupboards /drawers of clothes.. squeaks done!
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.6K Spending & Discounts