eBay Europe Sarl?

Hi, I just noticed I had this amount taken out of my bank, I didn't know ebay could do this. I was under the impression that seller fees etc came off the amount once the buyer had paid and I'm pretty sure money was deducted from the amount that went into my paypal.

Will they take money every month even If i haven't sold anything? What is this?! Thanks

Comments

• soolin
    soolin Posts: 72,031
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Ambassador
    Ebay fees and Paypal fees are different. Paypal deduct their fees before they give you the payment, ebay expect you to pay them by however means you nominated (yours was obviously a bank payment) once a month.
    I’m a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on the eBay, Auctions, Car Boot & Jumble Sales, Boost Your Income, Praise, Vents & Warnings, Overseas Holidays & Travel Planning , UK Holidays, Days Out & Entertainments boards. If you need any help on these boards, do let me know.. Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any posts you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button, or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com.All views are my own and not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.
  • soolin wrote: »
    Ebay fees and Paypal fees are different. Paypal deduct their fees before they give you the payment, ebay expect you to pay them by however means you nominated (yours was obviously a bank payment) once a month.

That is quite worrying. Is it really 'once a month' soolin?

I had an invoice for less than a £1 but nothing taken out? Then the months after, slowly the bill went over a £1 but still nothing taken out? When I asked a friend, she said it was quarterly? :confused:
  • Buttonmoons
    Buttonmoons Posts: 13,323 Forumite
    Oh right, well I didn't know I had set that up, but that's okay. So I haven't sold anything or intend too in the near future, they won't keep taking X amounts or anything?
  • cyberbob
    cyberbob Posts: 9,480
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Forumite
    That is quite worrying. Is it really 'once a month' soolin?

I had an invoice for less than a £1 but nothing taken out? Then the months after, slowly the bill went over a £1 but still nothing taken out? When I asked a friend, she said it was quarterly? :confused:

No its definately Monthly (well mine are)
  • soolin
    Ambassador
    I agree, defimitely monthly although I was surprised to see on another forum that some people prefer to actually make payments once a week or less to save their bills really mounting up.

I think though that there may be some leeway if the bills are very low and they may allow them to roll for a month or so if automatic payment is not set up.
    I’m a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on the eBay, Auctions, Car Boot & Jumble Sales, Boost Your Income, Praise, Vents & Warnings, Overseas Holidays & Travel Planning , UK Holidays, Days Out & Entertainments boards. If you need any help on these boards, do let me know.. Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any posts you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button, or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com.All views are my own and not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.
  • soolin wrote: »
    I agree, defimitely monthly although I was surprised to see on another forum that some people prefer to actually make payments once a week or less to save their bills really mounting up.

I think though that there may be some leeway if the bills are very low and they may allow them to roll for a month or so if automatic payment is not set up.

Hmm... strange, mine is 'automatic card payment' (card not expired yet), nothing has been taken out yet, probably one due end of this month, but as I said before e.g.
    a) something due Jan or Feb
    b) nothing in Mar
    c) Apr + May - taken once
    d) Jun - invoice produced for less than £1 e.g. 50p (yes, really annoyed - although nothing taken out in the end)
    e) Jul - nothing, even though fees over £1

However, I have found that since d) when listing, there were problems ... even when the fees were less than £1? :confused:
  • ANGSTDATA
    ANGSTDATA Posts: 411 Forumite
    I have to pay whenever my sellers bill reaches its max - or I cant list anything - I think its about £20 before they put the brakes on
  • i am absolutely livid, was doing my accounts and realise that ebay have taken out twice a week funds from my account from beginning of August, these amounts reflect on the same amount i have won for my items, how can they do this, as i have selected the 'cancel' as do not agree in paypal but yet they still seem to be taken from my account which has left me now overdrawn and now paying interest on my current account as i do not get paid until end of september due to new role, i am so upset as also receiving phone calls from international caller even though not speaking not sure if it is automated service related to this 'SARL' i am going to seek legal action regarding this :mad: :mad: :mad:
  • soolin
    Ambassador
    disoronno wrote: »
    i am absolutely livid, was doing my accounts and realise that ebay have taken out twice a week funds from my account from beginning of August, these amounts reflect on the same amount i have won for my items, how can they do this, as i have selected the 'cancel' as do not agree in paypal but yet they still seem to be taken from my account which has left me now overdrawn and now paying interest on my current account as i do not get paid until end of september due to new role, i am so upset as also receiving phone calls from international caller even though not speaking not sure if it is automated service related to this 'SARL' i am going to seek legal action regarding this :mad: :mad: :mad:

OK, you need to give us the time line here in a format we can understand.

Who is taking money and from where and what for? If random amounts are disappearing from paypal then it sounds like you have been hacked and you need to get hold of paypal immediately and stop further payments. You also need to do a full sweep on your PC and get rid of anything nasty virus wise that is lurking .

AS for the International caller I have no idea what you mean..can you elaborate please.
  • cyberbob
    cyberbob Posts: 9,480
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Forumite
    disoronno wrote: »
    i am absolutely livid, was doing my accounts and realise that ebay have taken out twice a week funds from my account from beginning of August, these amounts reflect on the same amount i have won for my item
    This just sounds like the direct debits for items you bave bought if its the amounts for won items.

You need to clarify what you mean then people may be able to give you some advice
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 342.5K Banking & Borrowing
  • 249.9K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.4K Spending & Discounts
  • 234.6K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 172.8K Life & Family
  • 247.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure