Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@. Skimlinks & other affiliated links are turned on

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • blackste
    • By blackste 14th Jul 17, 3:15 PM
    • 1,015Posts
    • 724Thanks
    blackste
    Prolific Academic - New Survey Alerts July 2017
    • 14th Jul 17, 3:15 PM
    Prolific Academic - New Survey Alerts July 2017 14th Jul 17 at 3:15 PM
    So after the old thread disappearing, this seems to be the new thread for discussion relating to prolific academy.

Standard rules please. No abusive posts, no flaming. Lets just make some money, and have some fun.
    Last edited by blackste; 14-07-2017 at 6:03 PM. Reason: Spelling
    Mortgage £242500 on completion
    FD CC 11/2014 £5900 (£3900 after BT)
    FD loan Approx £5700

Deeply depressing total - £254100
Page 39
    • Smodlet
    • By Smodlet 11th Aug 17, 6:01 PM
    • 2,323 Posts
    • 4,802 Thanks
    Smodlet
    ... Well, I'm right here! Thank you for wondering, Lady Soup, and especially for all your help with the Circle of Hell! Got another £5 from some sweet person who used my link the other day. Yay!
    What is this life if, sweet wordsmith, we have no time to take the pith?
    Every stew starts with the first onion.
    I took it upon myself to investigate a trifle; it had custard, jelly, soggy sponge things...
    • Kavor
    • By Kavor 12th Aug 17, 4:12 AM
    • 337 Posts
    • 806 Thanks
    Kavor
    Finally get a study, enter my Prolific Id and next page says 'Well done! You've successfully completed the demo study'. I'm left with 2 options, 'Take a real study now' and 'Or go to your account'. First option just says that i have an open submission, and the second option just takes me to the Accounts page.
    Contacted the researcher, but no response after 30 minutes so i had to return it.
    • kiera123
    • By kiera123 12th Aug 17, 12:39 PM
    • 690 Posts
    • 490 Thanks
    kiera123
    Finally get a study, enter my Prolific Id and next page says 'Well done! You've successfully completed the demo study'. I'm left with 2 options, 'Take a real study now' and 'Or go to your account'. First option just says that i have an open submission, and the second option just takes me to the Accounts page.
    Contacted the researcher, but no response after 30 minutes so i had to return it.
    Originally posted by Kavor
    I ended up going directly to one of the links listed on the opening page, but realised it was going to take far longer than the estimated 10 mins so I returned it.
    • lj876
    • By lj876 12th Aug 17, 3:11 PM
    • 31 Posts
    • 42 Thanks
    lj876
    I got three studies yesterday that all went blank, with no completion codes and no indication that the data actually went through. I don't have an adblocker or a scriptblocker on for prolific, so I don't know what's going on. I ended up returning them all because I don't want my score being affected negatively, but I missed out on a few quid
    • kiera123
    • By kiera123 12th Aug 17, 3:45 PM
    • 690 Posts
    • 490 Thanks
    kiera123
    I got three studies yesterday that all went blank, with no completion codes and no indication that the data actually went through. I don't have an adblocker or a scriptblocker on for prolific, so I don't know what's going on. I ended up returning them all because I don't want my score being affected negatively, but I missed out on a few quid
    Originally posted by lj876
    I usually just keep my fingers crossed when that happens. I had two blank final page / nocode studies yesterday and thankfully they both paid out.
    • ElefantEd
    • By ElefantEd 12th Aug 17, 7:14 PM
    • 553 Posts
    • 1,028 Thanks
    ElefantEd
    I've had loads of NoCodes all through the PA process, and I've always been paid. So long as you've actually finished the study it looks like the researcher can confirm that you did. I certainly wouldn't return a study just on that basis. Especially as it is unclear what, if anything, happens if you have a study rejected.
    • Smodlet
    • By Smodlet 12th Aug 17, 7:52 PM
    • 2,323 Posts
    • 4,802 Thanks
    Smodlet
    It has been known for researchers to reject a study on the basis of no completion code although, according to PA Stephen, it is not a valid reason for them to do so. HTH.
    I took it upon myself to investigate a trifle; it had custard, jelly, soggy sponge things...
    • Mrs Soup
    • By Mrs Soup 12th Aug 17, 8:26 PM
    • 650 Posts
    • 1,007 Thanks
    Mrs Soup
    If it helps at all on the rejection issue my husband has recently had two rejections (because he couldn't be bothered to return it himself basically) and it has had no impact on his rating - he has done about 150 studies so far and is still 100/100. Anecdotal evidence but it suggests that it might be worth chancing the odd rejection so long as you have done a fair number of studies successfully. Probably a less good idea if you have completed a smaller number.
    • Smodlet
    • By Smodlet 13th Aug 17, 12:18 PM
    • 2,323 Posts
    • 4,802 Thanks
    Smodlet
    Y'all know that speech recognition study I and the researcher had the fun and games with? Dude has just paid me! , Elliott. I hope you guys get a chance to do it as it paid £8... I wasn't going to tell you that until I'd got it.
    • Mrs Soup
    • By Mrs Soup 13th Aug 17, 1:14 PM
    • 650 Posts
    • 1,007 Thanks
    Mrs Soup
    I just got a study- nearly fell over from shock.
    • Smodlet
    • By Smodlet 13th Aug 17, 1:26 PM
    • 2,323 Posts
    • 4,802 Thanks
    Smodlet
    Perhaps a lie down in a darkened room, Mrs Soup, just don't forget your ping!
    • Mrs Soup
    • By Mrs Soup 13th Aug 17, 7:43 PM
    • 650 Posts
    • 1,007 Thanks
    Mrs Soup
    I don't have a ping- haven't figured out how to make it work.

What I wouldn't give for a nice Oxford packaging survey just now.
    • MLE007
    • By MLE007 13th Aug 17, 8:48 PM
    • 335 Posts
    • 1,600 Thanks
    MLE007
    PING!
    £3.5 FOR A 2-SESSION STUDY_2
    Available Places : 327/857
    Avg. Completion Time : 2mins
    Avg. Reward Per Hour : £15.00/hr
    Maximum Allowed Time : 720mins
    Reward: £ 0.50

2-part study
    SPC #015

2017 in 2017 £4385.09
    • Smodlet
    • By Smodlet 14th Aug 17, 12:38 AM
    • 2,323 Posts
    • 4,802 Thanks
    Smodlet
    Did you get a completion code for that, MLE007? I did not.
    • Value
    • By Value 14th Aug 17, 5:23 AM
    • 4 Posts
    • 5 Thanks
    Value
    Did you get a completion code for that, MLE007? I did not.
    Originally posted by Smodlet

NOCODE for me too.
    • fluffig
    • By fluffig 14th Aug 17, 7:48 AM
    • 166 Posts
    • 364 Thanks
    fluffig
    Decision making
    Maximum Allowed Time : 30mins
    Avg. Completion Time : 12mins
    Avg. Reward Per Hour : £5.00/hr
    • romanovski
    • By romanovski 14th Aug 17, 8:32 AM
    • 55 Posts
    • 79 Thanks
    romanovski
    Decision making
    Maximum Allowed Time : 30mins
    Avg. Completion Time : 12mins
    Avg. Reward Per Hour : £5.00/hr
    Originally posted by fluffig
    This ended up as a NOCODE for me... just a "thank you for your submission" message after the last bargaining round. It ended very suddenly without telling me the outcome of the last deal.
    • Smodlet
    • By Smodlet 14th Aug 17, 9:43 AM
    • 2,323 Posts
    • 4,802 Thanks
    Smodlet
    This ended up as a NOCODE for me... just a "thank you for your submission" message after the last bargaining round. It ended very suddenly without telling me the outcome of the last deal.
    Originally posted by romanovski

I was given the outcome but no completion code here, either. Have messaged the researcher but am wondering if this is a PA problem as it seems to be happening a great deal atm.
    • Marvqn1
    • By Marvqn1 14th Aug 17, 9:49 AM
    • 356 Posts
    • 229 Thanks
    Marvqn1
    Has anyone else done the study 'What do you Like'?

I did one of the studies. There is a second study 'What do you Like v2.3 SF Survey', but the questions seem to be the same as the other study. So I guess I should return it?
    • MLE007
    • By MLE007 14th Aug 17, 9:51 AM
    • 335 Posts
    • 1,600 Thanks
    MLE007
    I think it's a PA problem, it happens more to me if I don't open the study in a new tab.
    SPC #015

2017 in 2017 £4385.09
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

1,749Posts Today

5,927Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • RT @bearface83: @MartinSLewis check out the @Missguided new 60% off offer. Upping the cost of items almost double to make us think it?s a?

• RT @efitzpat: Thank you SO SO much @MartinSLewis for your Student Loans refund advice! I just got a grand refunded right before Xmas! Whoop?

• Have a lovely weekend folks. Don't do anything (fiscally) that I wouldn't do!

• Follow Martin