Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@. Skimlinks & other affiliated links are turned on

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • MSE Nick
    • By MSE Nick 26th Jan 16, 11:16 AM
    • 255Posts
    • 78Thanks
    MSE Nick
    PopulusLive- survey sites discussion
    • 26th Jan 16, 11:16 AM
    PopulusLive- survey sites discussion 26th Jan 16 at 11:16 AM
    The first point of call is read the full Survey Sites guide. Then having found the best survey sites, this discussion is specifically to talk about feedback and tips for the survey site

PopulusLive

Simply click reply and add your feedback. If you want to discuss survey sites in general, please go to the Survey Stashing thread.
    Last edited by MSE Nick; 26-01-2016 at 11:20 AM.
Page 3
    • Wizzbang
    • By Wizzbang 20th Oct 16, 9:47 PM
    • 4,067 Posts
    • 8,876 Thanks
    Wizzbang
    I had a survey within the last 2 days
    Minimalist
    Extra income since 01/11/12 £33,602.53
    (Not inc coupons, yellow stickies, bank interest or loyalty rewards because I have better things to do than catalogue everything!) Swagbucks £2,240
    • princesse_sarah_x
    • By princesse_sarah_x 22nd Oct 16, 12:11 AM
    • 224 Posts
    • 492 Thanks
    princesse_sarah_x
    I love populuslive! I had a quiet period a few weeks ago but i've started getting a few more surveys recently. I joined them 1 year ago and Ive had £50 cheque twice and am on £41 so almost at my third cheque, its worth persevering although it is annoying to get half way through and be screened out
    • Huskyrunner
    • By Huskyrunner 5th Nov 16, 6:57 PM
    • 540 Posts
    • 953 Thanks
    Huskyrunner
    The survey invites on this site are too few and far between i am on 42 points and have being for ages gerrrrrr
    debts 16550
    Mortgage 69500
    • SHEPP075
    • By SHEPP075 19th Dec 16, 1:17 PM
    • 2 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    SHEPP075
    Is this company really just a bunch of con artists? Would anyone find it reasonable to get to 48 points with redemption at 50 in October 2014 and still be waiting for a survey that I am not automatically screened out?
    Is there any recommendations form anyone apart from contacting Watchdog/Rip off Britain to warn people to stay away from this site.
    • Saddler1975
    • By Saddler1975 19th Dec 16, 9:36 PM
    • 35 Posts
    • 3 Thanks
    Saddler1975
    Is this company really just a bunch of con artists? Would anyone find it reasonable to get to 48 points with redemption at 50 in October 2014 and still be waiting for a survey that I am not automatically screened out?
    Is there any recommendations form anyone apart from contacting Watchdog/Rip off Britain to warn people to stay away from this site.
    Originally posted by SHEPP075

I joined about 2 years ago and have earned about £250 in that time so definitely legit
    • purplevamp
    • By purplevamp 20th Dec 16, 2:05 AM
    • 7,314 Posts
    • 351,317 Thanks
    purplevamp
    Originally posted by SHEPP075
    I joined about 2 years ago and have earned about £250 in that time so definitely legit
    Originally posted by Saddler1975
    Like Saddler1975 says, this is a legit site. I have cashed out quite a few times since I joined many years ago. If you're not getting any emails then I would contact them. It could be that the emails are getting lost in your spam folder, or if you haven't opened them for a long time they get returned and your email address taken off.
    Mortgage: Was: £154,495 Oct 2039
    Now: £133,696.03 Mar 2038
    MFW #28 £1100/£3,000

Swagbucks ~ £265 (2016 ~ £340)
    Surveys ~ £240.20 (2016 ~ £407.55)
    PTC, etc ~ $255.54 (2016 ~ $696.89)

“Aren’t you a little short for a stormtrooper?” ~ Princess Leia

Money's money my little honey! A rich man's jokes are always funny
    • joeyjimbles
    • By joeyjimbles 20th Dec 16, 5:29 PM
    • 1,417 Posts
    • 7,597 Thanks
    joeyjimbles
    I go through periods of nothing from this site so I wonder if they cycle groups of users, or I'm just a less useful demographic. I've made £100 this year - last redemption came through last week - so its a slow burn but this time once I got to 40 points I got the next 10 and more in just a few days which I was surprised about as others had complained that wouldn't be the case. Perhaps just lucky this time.
    • Fibro Friend
    • By Fibro Friend 28th Dec 16, 4:53 PM
    • 6 Posts
    • 56 Thanks
    Fibro Friend
    I can't remember my log in name....any ideas how I would find out what it is?
    • libra10
    • By libra10 28th Dec 16, 5:19 PM
    • 9,602 Posts
    • 169,001 Thanks
    libra10
    Populus have a Facebook page, but it's not well maintained.

You could try contacting them at info@PopulusLive.com and see what they suggest.

Good luck!
    • StevieB43
    • By StevieB43 7th Mar 17, 6:35 PM
    • 1 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    StevieB43
    Sent a few emails without reply
    moved home address, updated my new details with populous live then came on for a survey, all good and no problems..... till l got to the end and put in my new postcode after spending 40 mins completing the survey only to be told that l provided wrong information, sent 3 messages over a space of a week and no reply, now not getting any surveys whatsoever, getting rather annoyed
    • GreyAndGold
    • By GreyAndGold 7th Mar 17, 8:25 PM
    • 268 Posts
    • 2,037 Thanks
    GreyAndGold
    Try them on twitter, when I wasn't getting replies to emails I sent a tweet and it got sorted the same day.
    • tinas
    • By tinas 28th Mar 17, 6:23 PM
    • 34 Posts
    • 16 Thanks
    tinas
    Populus live not replying to emails
    I'm having problems with populus live as well. I can't login to my account​. I've reset the password a few times and it just doesn't like me.

I've sent an email but no reply. I'm still getting surveys but have no idea how many points i have or if they've got the information they need to pay me.

They're not presenting themselves in a very professional way, and i don't use Twitter. Has anyone managed to contact them in another way?

Thanks,
    Tina
    Last edited by tinas; 28-03-2017 at 6:27 PM.
    • Mrs Soup
    • By Mrs Soup 30th Mar 17, 8:53 PM
    • 625 Posts
    • 990 Thanks
    Mrs Soup
    I was having the same problem Tina until I realised I was trying to log in using my email address instead of my user name. Once I used that I got in no problem. You are likely not as daft as me but thought I would mention in case.
    • tinas
    • By tinas 30th Mar 17, 9:11 PM
    • 34 Posts
    • 16 Thanks
    tinas
    Wow! I'm dafter than you..... At least you managed to work it out on your own

Many, many thanks
    • ali797
    • By ali797 27th Apr 17, 2:06 PM
    • 2 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    ali797
    I requested on Populuslive website to update my details. Today is the 12th working day and my details haven't yet been updated. Can anyone tell me if you changed your details and how much time it took?
    P.S They are not replying to my email
    Thanks
    • ali797
    • By ali797 11th Jul 17, 7:40 PM
    • 2 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    ali797
    Guys I need help regarding populuslive
    So guys I have received like 4-5 surveys on PopulusLive and at the same question they screen me out. The question they ask is at the start of a survey if you or any of your family work in certain industries, including Market Research and PR etc. Now what options should I select at this question. Thanks
    • purplevamp
    • By purplevamp 11th Jul 17, 7:51 PM
    • 7,314 Posts
    • 351,317 Thanks
    purplevamp
    So guys I have received like 4-5 surveys on PopulusLive and at the same question they screen me out. The question they ask is at the start of a survey if you or any of your family work in certain industries, including Market Research and PR etc. Now what options should I select at this question. Thanks
    Originally posted by ali797
    If your family work in these areas then you should tick them. Perhaps try not ticking the market research one to see what happens, as you are doing market research with the survey and they may see this as a contradiction!
    Mortgage: Was: £154,495 Oct 2039
    Now: £133,696.03 Mar 2038
    MFW #28 £1100/£3,000

Swagbucks ~ £265 (2016 ~ £340)
    Surveys ~ £240.20 (2016 ~ £407.55)
    PTC, etc ~ $255.54 (2016 ~ $696.89)

“Aren’t you a little short for a stormtrooper?” ~ Princess Leia

Money's money my little honey! A rich man's jokes are always funny
    • Livi1870
    • By Livi1870 6th Aug 17, 2:57 PM
    • 1 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    Livi1870
    Populuslive surveys
    Hi guys,
    Sorry this may seems really stupid but just writing on here to check how can you earn money on this website just log in and got so confused? Do you just wait for them to send you the surveys to your email? Do you know any other websites online that you can earn money from??
    Thanks,
    Olivia
    • elsien
    • By elsien 6th Aug 17, 3:04 PM
    • 15,149 Posts
    • 37,970 Thanks
    elsien
    Hi guys,
    Sorry this may seems really stupid but just writing on here to check how can you earn money on this website just log in and got so confused? Do you just wait for them to send you the surveys to your email? Do you know any other websites online that you can earn money from??
    Thanks,
    Olivia
    Originally posted by Livi1870
    They email you surveys - they used to be quite good but I get very few surveys sent out nowadays. You have to wait till you get £50 (I think) for a payout so it's not a quick process.
    If you do a search there's a couple of threads on here about survey sites but not many pay cash, it's more often vouchers of some sort.
    All shall be well, and all shall be well, and all manner of things shall be well.

Pedant alert - it's could have, not could of.
    • fraserbooks
    • By fraserbooks 6th Aug 17, 9:26 PM
    • 255 Posts
    • 5,411 Thanks
    fraserbooks
    The survey sites I belong to, all seem to have a cash via PayPal option usually at about £5.00 or £10.00. You can sometimes get a better deal if you opt for Amazon or store vouchers. You should read the Swagbucking thread.
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

2,968Posts Today

7,835Users online

Martin's Twitter