Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@. Skimlinks & other affiliated links are turned on

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • MSE Nick
    • By MSE Nick 26th Jan 16, 11:16 AM
    • 254Posts
    • 77Thanks
    MSE Nick
    PopulusLive- survey sites discussion
    • 26th Jan 16, 11:16 AM
    PopulusLive- survey sites discussion 26th Jan 16 at 11:16 AM
    The first point of call is read the full Survey Sites guide. Then having found the best survey sites, this discussion is specifically to talk about feedback and tips for the survey site

PopulusLive

Simply click reply and add your feedback. If you want to discuss survey sites in general, please go to the Survey Stashing thread.
    Last edited by MSE Nick; 26-01-2016 at 11:20 AM.
Page 2
    • rich_shot2003
    • By rich_shot2003 17th Feb 16, 3:14 AM
    • 1,884 Posts
    • 571 Thanks
    rich_shot2003
    Has anyone had there cheque this month yet for getting £50 in Jan?

They seem a bit slow for some reason.
    • starnova
    • By starnova 23rd Feb 16, 11:48 AM
    • 32 Posts
    • 4 Thanks
    starnova
    I am also waiting for a cheque and received this email from them on Feb 16th

"Dear PL member,

Due to unforeseen circumstances, there is a delay in posting cheques this month. Please accept our sincere apologies for this.

We hope to have the cheques posted latest by early next week so that they are delivered to you before the end of next week.

Once again, our apologies for the delay and inconvenience.

Regards
    The PopulusLive Team"

So hopefully it is on its way in the post!
    • Kite2010
    • By Kite2010 24th Feb 16, 7:34 PM
    • 4,110 Posts
    • 3,502 Thanks
    Kite2010
    I'm just waiting for the cheque to arrive, and then cancelling my account.

My success rate with qualifying for surveys with them is around 50%, so to be honest my time is worth more than wasting time filling out surveys to get no reward. That excludes the surveys which close pretty much straight away after being emailed out
    • sarahscott32
    • By sarahscott32 25th Feb 16, 10:28 AM
    • 27 Posts
    • 5 Thanks
    sarahscott32
    they all seem very 'hit and miss' these survey places... not sure which to sign up for...!? IF ANY?
    • Fordiez
    • By Fordiez 25th Feb 16, 4:21 PM
    • 43 Posts
    • 59 Thanks
    Fordiez
    they all seem very 'hit and miss' these survey places... not sure which to sign up for...!? IF ANY?
    Originally posted by sarahscott32
    In my opinion, PopulusLive is very worth signing up for. You might find you're in their ideal demographic, in which case it's easy to earn money with them. Since I last posted I'm only £5 away from £50 payout (member since November)
    Give it a try, you've nothing to lose except a bit of time - which they pay fairly for.
    Boosting my income each month from surveys, focus groups & cashback:
    2016: Jan £32 // Feb £19 // Mar £188

2015: Dec £106
    • akd1234
    • By akd1234 10th Apr 16, 10:33 PM
    • 3 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    akd1234
    populus
    You do not have to have a cheque.Paypal is an easier option.I have earned over £100 pounds since joining
    • rich_shot2003
    • By rich_shot2003 10th Apr 16, 11:29 PM
    • 1,884 Posts
    • 571 Thanks
    rich_shot2003
    [QUOTE=akd1234;70482502]You do not have to have a cheque.Paypal is an easier option.I have earned over £100 pounds since joining[/QUOTE

They dont offer paypal as payment and have never done so.

ive been with them for years and its always been a Cheque.
    • joeyjimbles
    • By joeyjimbles 11th Apr 16, 1:07 PM
    • 1,409 Posts
    • 7,536 Thanks
    joeyjimbles
    Originally posted by sarahscott32
    They are hit and miss, its the nature of their business that they want a specific group of people to answer each survey so sometimes you may fit in the broader age group or location, but after it has been around for a while they end up only needing a very niche group of people to fit their criteria which is why you can get dq'd late in a survey sometimes.

Populus pay very fairly for their time and if you can respond to the email very soon after it has been sent you will usually find out very quickly if you are appropriate for the survey. Their targetting seems quite good.

Another good one is Prolific Academic, on which there is another thread on Boost Your Income. They ask for quite a bit of info up front and whilst their surveys are not particularly frequent, I have never been dq'd and they pay very fairly.
    • kpearsoncj
    • By kpearsoncj 11th Apr 16, 1:23 PM
    • 237 Posts
    • 31 Thanks
    kpearsoncj
    very good survey site
    • SBOSlayer
    • By SBOSlayer 9th Aug 16, 9:29 PM
    • 67 Posts
    • 32 Thanks
    SBOSlayer
    Love Populslive and Pinecone, both of my favs!

I must have made about £200 over the year between them. Doesn't ever seem to take long to build a balance either.
    • Marvqn1
    • By Marvqn1 9th Aug 16, 10:39 PM
    • 324 Posts
    • 210 Thanks
    Marvqn1
    I've heard that PopulusLive is very similar to Newvistalive. Is it worth joining both these survey sites or do you recommend only joining one?
    • MLE007
    • By MLE007 10th Aug 16, 8:48 AM
    • 261 Posts
    • 1,510 Thanks
    MLE007
    I've heard that PopulusLive is very similar to Newvistalive. Is it worth joining both these survey sites or do you recommend only joining one?
    Originally posted by Marvqn1
    I would say it's worth joining both, I cash out a lot quicker with Populuslive though.
    • Marvqn1
    • By Marvqn1 10th Aug 16, 12:03 PM
    • 324 Posts
    • 210 Thanks
    Marvqn1
    I would say it's worth joining both, I cash out a lot quicker with Populuslive though.
    Originally posted by MLE007
    How long does it usually take to reach the £50 threshold with Populuslive?
    • tykesi
    • By tykesi 10th Aug 16, 12:15 PM
    • 1,722 Posts
    • 2,367 Thanks
    tykesi
    There is no 'usually', it wholly depends on whether you fit the demographic of the surveys they have available and send you.
    • bettyboo71
    • By bettyboo71 10th Aug 16, 4:54 PM
    • 252 Posts
    • 370 Thanks
    bettyboo71
    I received my last £50 in April and my next one is on its way now. I think they pay well to encourage people to respond quickly, and this has been a lot easier for me since I stopped working. I also suspect that they may operate on a priority system, where you are more likely to get invitations if you are reliable at responding quickly - but that is just a theory. I also very rarly get screened out , and the money I get when I do qualify far outweighs the inconvenience of the occasional dq, which rarely happens too far into a survey.

These and prolific academic are my two current favourites.
    • MLE007
    • By MLE007 10th Aug 16, 8:26 PM
    • 261 Posts
    • 1,510 Thanks
    MLE007
    I got my last cheque at the beginning of May, just hit £50 last week so will get my next one at the beginning of September.
    • bettyboo71
    • By bettyboo71 15th Aug 16, 5:45 PM
    • 252 Posts
    • 370 Thanks
    bettyboo71
    My new cheque arrived on Saturday, and I have probably about £15 since they processed that.
    Last edited by bettyboo71; 15-08-2016 at 5:46 PM. Reason: typo
    • lilmishap
    • By lilmishap 20th Oct 16, 1:24 PM
    • 37 Posts
    • 138 Thanks
    lilmishap
    Joined Three weeks ago and haven't had a single survey, my profiles complete
    • LuSiVe
    • By LuSiVe 20th Oct 16, 1:43 PM
    • 789 Posts
    • 1,069 Thanks
    LuSiVe
    It took me over a month to get from 48 to 50 points and an expected payout. I was screened out of about 5 surveys over that time.
    • chels
    • By chels 20th Oct 16, 6:54 PM
    • 1,143 Posts
    • 4,448 Thanks
    chels
    Joined Three weeks ago and haven't had a single survey, my profiles complete
    Originally posted by lilmishap
    It could just be a quiet period for them at the moment as I haven't received a survey invite since 22.09.16 which is really unusual as I normally receive approximately 10 surveys per month.

Hopefully that's all it is and the surveys pick up again soon!
    *2015*
    £s GAINED: Cash £367.33 Vouchers £216.00
    LBs LOST: 2.5 / 28

Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

1,503Posts Today

8,739Users online

Martin's Twitter