Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    ger02006
    HB and Severe Disability
    • 13th Dec 12, 2:35 PM
    HB and Severe Disability 13th Dec 12 at 2:35 PM
    I became ill 2011. Awarded ESA Support Group, DLA Care Highest and Mobility Lowest level. Awarded HB and CTB. I get disability benefits because of complex mental health issues which mean I cannot share my home nor am I well enough to move house (I'd like to move house if I were well enough as this home has too many bad memories and adds to my mental problems but the stress of moving and not being able to afford anywhere in a 'safe area' means I prefer to stay put if at all possible). Letter from landlord (I rent a 'council house') said I would lose about £22 per week HB under new rules. Will I have to make up the fall in HB from my other benefits? Is there any protection for disabled tenants?

Many thanks for any advice you can offer.
Page 1
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

2,203Posts Today

5,927Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • RT @bearface83: @MartinSLewis check out the @Missguided new 60% off offer. Upping the cost of items almost double to make us think it?s a?

• RT @efitzpat: Thank you SO SO much @MartinSLewis for your Student Loans refund advice! I just got a grand refunded right before Xmas! Whoop?

• Have a lovely weekend folks. Don't do anything (fiscally) that I wouldn't do!

• Follow Martin