Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@. Skimlinks & other affiliated links are turned on

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • AdviceSought
    • By AdviceSought 10th Aug 17, 4:29 PM
    • 165Posts
    • 16Thanks
    AdviceSought
    Student Loan statement - confusedd
    • 10th Aug 17, 4:29 PM
    Student Loan statement - confusedd 10th Aug 17 at 4:29 PM
    So, I got my SLC statement through for 2016/17 - for some reason, the statement says they only received about £10 odds from HMRC towards it.

Given that I KNOW I had much more deducted than that in student loan contributions, surely this can't be right?

Or would I be due a rebate for overpayment, like you do for income tax if circumstances change in the tax year?
Page 1
    • Lokolo
    • By Lokolo 10th Aug 17, 4:51 PM
    • 19,774 Posts
    • 14,778 Thanks
    Lokolo
    • 10th Aug 17, 4:51 PM
    • 10th Aug 17, 4:51 PM
    How much do your payslips show you've paid?

From April 2016 -> March 2017.
    • CanadianDream
    • By CanadianDream 10th Aug 17, 5:39 PM
    • 8 Posts
    • 4 Thanks
    CanadianDream
    • 10th Aug 17, 5:39 PM
    • 10th Aug 17, 5:39 PM
    Check your payslips and if it does show student loan repayments, I would contact HR and payroll department of the company I work for and ask what happened.
    Currently saving £4k until September 2018 for Canada working holiday - £51.69/£4000
    • Mogley
    • By Mogley 10th Aug 17, 10:27 PM
    • 217 Posts
    • 181 Thanks
    Mogley
    • 10th Aug 17, 10:27 PM
    • 10th Aug 17, 10:27 PM
    I had a similar problem when my company changed ownership. Being able to send SLC copies of my payslips got the error sorted.
    No.25 for 2017 £1070/£4000 saved.
    You should pay attention to the needs of the moment - otherwise there is no future. But to ignore the future is foolish - living solely for the moment leaves nothing for when the next moment arrives.
    • Poolie
    • By Poolie 11th Aug 17, 9:27 AM
    • 1,876 Posts
    • 5,857 Thanks
    Poolie
    • 11th Aug 17, 9:27 AM
    • 11th Aug 17, 9:27 AM
    Does the statement say "Final" at the top? If not, it means they are expecting more information from HMRC and therefore this isn't the last statement you will receive.

Did you work for anybody else? They would have deducted student loan repayments as well.
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

3,203Posts Today

7,949Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • RT @LordsEconCom: On Tuesday Martin Lewis, Hannah Morrish & Shakira Martin gave evidence to the Cttee. Read the full transcript here: https?

• Ta ta for now. Half term's starting, so I'm exchanging my MoneySavingExpert hat for one that says Daddy in big letters. See you in a week.

• RT @thismorning: Can @MartinSLewis' deals save YOU cash? ???? https://t.co/igbHCwzeiN

• Follow Martin