❄❄ Let It Snow ❄❄ :: Christmas 2012 Chatter Thread

Comments

• Own_My_Own
    Own_My_Own Posts: 6,098
    Xmas Saver!
    Forumite
    here's the link for the Yankee Winter Wonderland tealights - the best price Ive found anywhere for these, I'm hoping mine will arrive today!

http://www.amazon.co.uk/s/ref=nb_sb_noss?url=search-alias%3Daps&field-keywords=yankee+candle+winter+wonderland+tealights&rh=i%3Aaps%2Ck%3Ayankee+candle+winter+wonderland+tealights&ajr=0

Right before I get lots of :eek: :rotfl:

I have never used Amazon :eek:

How do you buy and pay for goods ? I have PayPal . Can I use that to pay ?
  • Congrats will-be-debt-free. :j Hope you're ok!

Pips mum - Hope everything is ok with you too

Polar express I can take or leave. It's a nice film but I wouldn't buy it on dvd (was it last year or year before it was on itv1 on xmas day? Thinking now it was 2010). Personally for me and dd it took a while for it to get 'magical' for us. It is nice at the end though.
    Spreading a little Christmas joy all year round :santa2:
  • picnmix
    picnmix Posts: 642 Forumite
    Here's another vote for Polar Express, it is a wonderful Xmas film, it's a true classic.

Tom Hanks has been animated, so doesn't look like the real Tom Hanks has been embalmed ! and unless your kids are really savvy on who Tom Hanks is, they probably won't even realise its him.

The animation is beautiful, story heartwarming, music fantastic, my 8 year old loves this film and has always wished that the train would pull up outside out house and take her to the North Pole.

If you do go for Polar Express in your hamper, get some little gold reindeer bells as well, like the ones on the Lindt Reindeers, to go along with the story. We all had them a couple of years ago on Xmas Eve when we watched it, my hubby managed to get one of the bells apart and take out the jungly bit, we gave this bell to my Dad, my daughter thought is was amazing that all our bells jingled, but grandads didn't - meaning he was a non-believer.
  • his_missus
    his_missus Posts: 3,363
    Debt-free and Proud!
    Forumite
    kez_s wrote: »
    Congratulations Will-Be-Debt-Free!

Can anyone suggest a Christmas DVD for our Christmas Eve hamper? Last year we had Nativity which we loved and I'd never heard of it until I saw it mentioned on here last year.

We've most of the main classics, Miracle on 34th Street, Elf, Bad Santa, Santa Claus, etc., and we saw Arthur Christmas at the cinema so trying to find something none of us have seen. I've looked at the Christmas releases for this year and there doesn't seem to be a lot. My children are 7 & 5 if that helps and looking for something that has the same amusing but Christmassy feel like Nativity. The only film I can see that we haven't seen is the Polar Express, we did have it for ages via Love Film but never ended up watching it and I've read some quite depressing reviews.

Any help would be appreciated as it's the one thing for this year I'm really, really stuck on!

What about Beethoven's Christmas, I've never watched it but my SIL loves it but then she loves all the Beethoven films so she could be biased:rotfl:
  • picnmix
    his_missus wrote: »
    What about Beethoven's Christmas, I've never watched it but my SIL loves it but then she loves all the Beethoven films so she could be biased:rotfl:
    OMG I LOVE BEETHOVEN FILMS I didn't realised there was a Christmas one, am off now to google and buy it, for my own selfish pleasure :rotfl:
  • picnmix
    picnmix wrote: »
    OMG I LOVE BEETHOVEN FILMS I didn't realised there was a Christmas one, am off now to google and buy it, for my own selfish pleasure :rotfl:
    OK, just watched a trailer - since when did Beethoven start talking?
  • Own_My_Own wrote: »
    :eek::eek::eek:

Oh you must . All this talk of makes me want to watch it right now. :D

Dd is at a birthday party tonight, I may just have to put it on .:snow_grin:snow_grin

I'm going to have a search now to see if I can find the DVD selling cheap anywhere, I love a good Christmas film :D
    Target £25,000 | £15,008 Saved
  • picnmix
    kez_s wrote: »
    Congratulations Will-Be-Debt-Free!

Can anyone suggest a Christmas DVD for our Christmas Eve hamper? Last year we had Nativity which we loved and I'd never heard of it until I saw it mentioned on here last year.

We've most of the main classics, Miracle on 34th Street, Elf, Bad Santa, Santa Claus, etc., and we saw Arthur Christmas at the cinema so trying to find something none of us have seen. I've looked at the Christmas releases for this year and there doesn't seem to be a lot. My children are 7 & 5 if that helps and looking for something that has the same amusing but Christmassy feel like Nativity. The only film I can see that we haven't seen is the Polar Express, we did have it for ages via Love Film but never ended up watching it and I've read some quite depressing reviews.

Any help would be appreciated as it's the one thing for this year I'm really, really stuck on!
    Just had a thought, another one I love is Deck the Halls with Danny DeVito and Mathew Broderick, if you fancy a laugh it's not bad.
  • With Amazon you use gift vouchers or credit/debit card, they don't take Paypal. I use them all the time and always find them extremely good and they are quite often the cheapest - plus you get free p+p. You can usually get a used or almost new copy of the book, dvd etc you might want via their marketplace (it gives you options on the product page) sometimes for 1p + 1.27 p+p etc
  • I'm going to have a search now to see if I can find the DVD selling cheap anywhere, I love a good Christmas film :D

try Amazon, on their Marketplace you can often get 'used - VGC' for 1p + p+p of £1+
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 342.5K Banking & Borrowing
  • 249.9K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.4K Spending & Discounts
  • 234.6K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 172.8K Life & Family
  • 247.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure