High Interest Bond - 3 Year - 6.76%

With the current views that possibly interest rates will remain stationary or possibly follow the US and drop. Plus the 7% fixed rate bonds closed within a day or two (I just got in in time). Some may be interested in another which hasn't had much press here recently.

London Scottish Bank are offering 6.76% fixed for 3 Years, or 6.75% for 1 and 2 years ( 4 years 6.66% and 5 years 6.56%).

London Scottish Bank - High Interest Bond

I'd not heard of them before, but found them on the FSA Comparative tables, that Nick_C posted a few days ago

FSA Comparative Tables

Oh and suprisingly to me. with their name, they are based in Manchester?

Comments

• Thanks for the tip.

I gave them a call. Nice people and very efficient.
  • poppy10_2
    poppy10_2 Posts: 6,575 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Sounds a bit dodgy to me
    poppy10
  • free4440273
    free4440273 Posts: 38,438 Forumite
    poppy10 wrote: »
    Sounds a bit dodgy to me
    indeed. why does the site open up as an entirely 'separate' site - if you know what i mean:confused:
    BLOODBATH IN THE EVENING THEN? :shocked: OR PERHAPS THE AFTERNOON? OR THE MORNING? OH, FORGET THIS MALARKEY!

THE KILLERS :cool:

THE PUNISHER :dance: MATURE CHEDDAR ADDICT:cool:
  • indeed. why does the site open up as an entirely 'separate' site - if you know what i mean:confused:

Well, the website might look a bit "dodgy" but if they are not a serious operation they have gone to a lot of trouble to build a HQ in the centre of Manchester (I've seen it with my own eyes :) and its been there some time) get FSA approval etc etc.
  • Jake'sGran
    Jake'sGran Posts: 3,269 Forumite
    Nationwide are doing a one year bond at 6.7%. I have an account with them and have not checked the details of the bond but, with Nationwide, things are usually straightforward.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.9K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure