Verified by Visa problems - anyone else?

Comments

• Well, I just would like to let you know "Verified by Visa" doesn't work at all at Sainsbury's, as well. The necessary question window doesn't come up, they just take the money from your account without any additional security. By other words, anybody who has the numbers and letters from your card can spend the money from your account. Even, it's enough for them to get the card for a minute to take a photo of it on both sides, while if you used cash, they have to manage to possessing it for a longer time. From this viewpoint, cash is more secure than bank cards.

This whole online security thing what they continously keep trying to communicate towards the population of Earth, simply doesn't exist. Their whole activity is based on the general ordinary way: they promise comfort and security, but actually it serves our controllableness and restrictions, since it tries to force us to use theese devices, and through this, make it easier for the international bank system to expolit the rest of human race.

The above written lines are not only based on my my experience, it is also confirmed by my education in IT.

So I recommend for every fellow-creature of humans to be very-very mistrustful and careful, when they want to push down something new technology through your throat. The promise is always the comfort and safeness (security), but the result -in part or in whole- always contains the opposites of theese.

NEVER LET THEM TO PUT A CHIP INTO YOU, OR YOUR LOVED ONES!!!
    This is already on the plan of future, one of the next steps after bank cards. Then will come the real dark age for the Human Race!
  • agrinnall
    agrinnall Posts: 23,344 Forumite
    First Post Combo Breaker
    Keep wearing the tinfoil hat you strange individual :huh:
  • I_luv_cats
    I_luv_cats Posts: 14,441 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    My Co-Op Visa debit is 100% perfect with Verified By Visa.

I feel reassured with having the extra level of security and have had no problems with the way it works. (that says a lot for me as I am normally jinxed with admin stuff)
  • My old smile debit card was about to expire, and I received and activated a new one on Friday.

On Saturday I withdrew some cash with it, without problem, so we know it's activated.

Today I tried to buy a lottery ticket online, and first had to update my card details. Verified by Visa rejected it. I re-input the card, making extra sure that all the details were right. I tried again and it still got rejected.

It looks like they didn't think too far ahead and this is going to be a major problem as everyone replaces their expired cards
  • Chris_M_3
    Chris_M_3 Posts: 102 Forumite
    born2bongo wrote: »
    My old smile debit card was about to expire, and I received and activated a new one on Friday.

On Saturday I withdrew some cash with it, without problem, so we know it's activated.

Today I tried to buy a lottery ticket online, and first had to update my card details. Verified by Visa rejected it. I re-input the card, making extra sure that all the details were right. I tried again and it still got rejected.

It looks like they didn't think too far ahead and this is going to be a major problem as everyone replaces their expired cards
    Same problem here.

I've just received a new debit card as my bank account was hacked and I'm trying to pay my CC bill online but it is being rejected. I went to my bank website and made sure the new card was registered but it still rejects my payments. :mad:
    100% debt free
    House - bought and paid for
    Contents - bought and paid for

:beer:
    £12k in '12 No.198: £12,554/£12,000
  • Well, neither my bank not VfV has been able to resolve this today. I was actually trying to use my card to buy a lottery ticket on Camelot's web site.

Tonight I decided to give up and add the card details for a second bank account we have, and just to add insult to injury, Camelot have been their usual obstructive selves and decided they can't change my card details at this time. The message invited me to call their number, which they claimed was open until 11pm. I called it at 7.30 pm and a robot told me 'this switchboard is closed at this time'.

You just have to wonder who makes the decisions in these outfits. What have Camelot and VbV got in common? They are monopolies and your only choice is take it or leave it.
  • This is why it is a good idea to have a back up card - just in case.
    Sometimes technology will conspire against us even when we smugly think we have every base covered.The online enrolment system does not always work. Even a wallet full of cash don't help sometimes when you are stuck overseas.We have been drawn into a system which makes massive amounts of money . It is great when it works.But it can leave you up !!!! creek without a paddle sometimes.

ps I did get home from Cambodia for my sister's funeral but no thanks to visa or mastercard.
    I am about to leave for Bali and phoned my bank to avoid the problem next time.They say its nothing to do with them.
  • Once Verify by Visa decides to refuse your card on a particular site, there is no fix. The merchant refers you to the bank. Your bank will tell you there is nothing wrong with your card. Visa do not bother answering your email.
    Do what I did - cancel your Visa debit card and get a Mastercard debit card. Problem solved.
  • Hello ! I have a question i hope someone can help me !!! I try to register in verified by visa but when i put my personal information always says that i entered wrong information and i check with my bank wells fargo everything is right. Is there any phone number that you can call to assist or somebody can give me advice what i can do. THANK YOU !!!
  • strawberrylane
    strawberrylane Posts: 252 Forumite
    edited 1 December 2011 at 2:54PM
    Maybe your bank has recently changed the security system it uses. Halifax, for example, are currently moving their Halifax Secure service from VbV to AA (adaptive authentication) which means that as customers are migrated their VbV credentials stop working/become redundant. Check again with your bank to see if this might be the case for you.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.9K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure