11 years a slave - end of my journey from £103,500 in debt

Comments

• beanielou
    beanielou Posts: 90,262 Ambassador
    Academoney Grad I'm a Volunteer Ambassador Mortgage-free Glee! Name Dropper
    Fanastic~~so pleased for you :grin:
    I am a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on Mortgage Free Wannabe & Local Money Saving Scotland & Disability Money Matters. If you need any help on those boards, do let me know.Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any post you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button , or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. All views are my own & not the official line of Money Saving Expert.

Lou~ Debt free Wanabe No 55 DF 03/14.**Credit card debt free 30/06/10~** MFW. Finally mortgage free O2/ 2021****
    "A large income is the best recipe for happiness I ever heard of" Jane Austen in Mansfield Park.

***Fall down seven times,stand up eight*** ~~Japanese proverb.
    ***Keep plodding*** Out of debt, out of danger. ***Be the difference.***
    One debt remaining. Home improvement loan.
  • Fantastic - well done :T

You are an inspiration to everyone on here.
    Enjoy the rest of your debt free life :T

Happy Christmas :santa2:
  • Thank you for sharing your inspiring journey. Makes my debts seem small compared to what you had but I can see them spiralling out of control if I don't get a grip. Yes it does feel like trying to empty a lake with a teaspoon your right but its encouraging to know it can be done. Well done with your massive achievement you must feel liberated.
  • Inspiring post. Massive congratulations.

What are you aiming for now you are debt free?
    I’m a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on the Debt free Wannabe, Budgeting and Banking and Savings and Investment boards. If you need any help on these boards, do let me know. Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any posts you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button, or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. All views are my own and not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.
  • Biker*Chick
    Biker*Chick Posts: 10,027 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Photogenic
    A fantastic post! Very well done on your amazing debt-free achievement, sentientpoet :T:T:T
    =^._.^= You will always be lucky if you know how to make friends with strange cats =^._.^=

hhzx4pbze7c9.gif
  • Congratulations and well done :)

What a fantastic achievement and a great way to enjoy the holidays and 2017
  • tealady
    tealady Posts: 3,742 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Mortgage-free Glee!
    What a great post.
    The words well done or congratulations seem so inadequate.
    However I hope you enjoy today, it is a wondrful feeling being debt free.
    Find out who you are and do that on purpose (thanks to Owain Wyn Jones quoting Dolly Parton)
  • January2015
    January2015 Posts: 2,369 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    Awesome achievement, well done :)

I love the emptying the lake with a teaspoon analogy - absolutely brilliant :)
    DFW Nerd No. 1484 LBM 07/01/15 Debt was £95k :eek: Now debt free and happy :j
  • Thank you for such an uplifiting and inspiring post.

What a journey.

Well done and congratulations. A massive achievement.

What's next?? :D.

All the best for 2017 and your new debt free life.
  • Full marks to you -

YOU spent it
    YOU took responsibility for it
    YOU paid it back. Every penny.

IMO your post above should be shown to every single new arrival to these boards, as an example of what can be done when the lightbulb switches on fully and responsibility is taken. This MUST be money-tipped in the weekly email, surely!

Massive congratulations, and have a wonderful Christmas. I imagine I speak for all the regulars here when I say that I hope to see you back as a regular part of this board offering help and advice to others in the future - you have such a lot to offer!
    🎉 MORTGAGE FREE (First time!) 30/09/2016 🎉 And now we go again…New mortgage taken 01/09/23 🏡
    Balance as at 01/09/23 = £115,000.00
    Balance as at 31/12/23 = £112,000.00
    SOA CALCULATOR (for DFW newbies): SOA Calculator
    she/her
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business