Debt Relief Orders (DRO) - Information & help thread

Comments

• scarlet55
    scarlet55 Posts: 21,780 Forumite
    Rampant Recycler
    Your like a child on Christmas eve :D All that excitement in anticipation of things yet to come! You're so near the end of your long & arduous journey & I must admit I'm quite excited for you :j I wish I'd been able to get into my CAB as they do seem to be getting the DRO's through quicker than anyone else from what I've read through on here. Do you think you'll get any sleep tomorrow? xx
    probably not...and when its all done then its the agonising wait to see if its been approved...not sure how long that takes...a lot of people on here said it was the next day but im sure kerrys was 3 days....ohhh the agony of it all..lol :cool::cool::cool:
  • scarlet55
    Rampant Recycler
    iff all goes well i'l think it is christmas :):)
  • scarlet55 wrote: »
    probably not...and when its all done then its the agonising wait to see if its been approved...not sure how long that takes...a lot of people on here said it was the next day but im sure kerrys was 3 days....ohhh the agony of it all..lol :cool::cool::cool:

I can't wait to see your post on here when it's gone through!!! I'm sure I've seen previous posts where their DRO's were approved within 24hrs. How good must that be:j:j:j:j:j:j:j
    Just make sure you keep us informed & when it's all done & dusted I hope you'll still keep me company on here from time to time to say:hello:& let me keep picking your brains. You, wba & fatbelly have been a real help to me & giving me the much needed boot up the **** :T that I needed to press onwards with dealing with debt xxxx
    I am a Leo...& as such I will defend my "pride" ferociously....you have been warned!
  • scarlet55
    Rampant Recycler
    i'l definately still be on here when its all done and dusted....like you i wanted to ask lots of questions b4 i started it, and i want to repay that debt anyway i can....hey thats one debt that will get paid...:rotfl::rotfl::rotfl:
  • scarlet55 wrote: »
    i'l definately still be on here when its all done and dusted....like you i wanted to ask lots of questions b4 i started it, and i want to repay that debt anyway i can....hey thats one debt that will get paid...:rotfl::rotfl::rotfl:

Well you've been very kind 2 me & I for 1 will not 4get that :happyhear I probably won't have anymore news from my end until I recieve the forms & then I'll probably hit this forum in a blind panic :eek::eek::eek: By then we should have heard your news :j I'm just worried about dodging phone calls or baliff visits now when the creditors realise there's no money coming in!! Hopefully all will be resolved by the end of May (fingers crossed) & I'll be able to sleep again & on that note I'd better get myself off 2 bed & try 2 get a bit of kip. Goodnite scarlet. Speak soon x
    I am a Leo...& as such I will defend my "pride" ferociously....you have been warned!
  • wba31
    wba31 Posts: 2,189 Forumite
    Well you've been very kind 2 me & I for 1 will not 4get that :happyhear I probably won't have anymore news from my end until I recieve the forms & then I'll probably hit this forum in a blind panic :eek::eek::eek: By then we should have heard your news :j I'm just worried about dodging phone calls or baliff visits now when the creditors realise there's no money coming in!! Hopefully all will be resolved by the end of May (fingers crossed) & I'll be able to sleep again & on that note I'd better get myself off 2 bed & try 2 get a bit of kip. Goodnite scarlet. Speak soon x

Unless you have received a county court judgement from someone and not responded to it/kept to payments you wont have any bailiffs appearing so dont worry aboutt hat.

Have you spoke to anyone about moving forward with your DRO yet? (if you've answered that already i do apologise, there are a lot of new posts since i last posted...)
  • wba31
    You don't happen to know if the Natwest is one of the same group do you? If so I better close that too!

Natwest are part of Bank Of Scotland

Halifax are with Royal Bank Of Scotland. 2 different corporations...
  • wba31
    bornjoyful wrote: »
    hello.
    a couple of questions which maybe hae been answered but after reading 17 pages I gave up looking ;>)

1) If someone gets a DRO will they be able to get a student loan/grant afterwards if accepted on a degree course at university (what if it is less than a year?)
    2) About the assets worth £300- nothing was bought on credit card so no trace ,but yes there are 2 tools owned each worth more than £300 each ..how would anyone know about them? (is the house checked)

thanks in advance...trying to persuade a friend this is his best option

Firstly because student loans aren't credit checked, because they get taken from future salary, you shouldnt have any issue with getting a loan

with these tools, what are they? and are they really worth more than £300 or is that what you paid for them? How much would they fetch if you were to sell them to someone who needed such tools? If the combined value is more than £300, it's not so much the fact about the IS finding out, but when an order goes through you will sign a form confirming that all information is true and correct, and if found out to be untruthful you understand you are liable for prosecution.
    If you do not need these tools, and they are worth more than £300 combined, why not sell them, take out your £90 for your fee, pay the remainder pro rata between your creditors, then proceed with the DRO no problems...
  • wba31
    Thanks scarlet. I've been told it will take up to 7wks to be put through the system, whether or not I can withstand all the phone calls :think::undecided:think: Who knows?!?! Will you let us all know how you get on on wednesday plz. I will be thinking of you :grinheart Hope all goes well for you xxx

NDL take 7 weeks?
  • wba31 wrote: »
    NDL take 7 weeks?

Hi, Yes that's what they told me yesterday. Or to be absolutely correct thet told me up to 7 weeks as they are soooo busy x
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.6K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.1K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback