Advice please...New to PPI!!!

Hi, am after some advice please, you all seem to know your stuff and I am completely new to this!!
After years of putting off the consistent phone calls claiming that I am owed thousands i finally gave in and allowed a claims inclusive to do a check. I know that over the past 20 years i have had numerous loans and credit cards. They quickly came back and said that they found 3 loans with Lloyds and a credit card that had PPI. I decided to peruse myself as not wanting to pay their fees.
I have processed claim with Lloyd's, very easy to do over the phone. My questions are that the loans are dated back 2000. 2003 and 2001, for amounts ranging from 16K to 5K. I no longer have these loans and have no record of when they were paid off. Is this too long time to claim as been almost 18 years.? Also is there a easy way to estimate how much, if any i should be owed to can be aware if Lloyds try to offer me any?
Any help/advice be much appreciated.

Comments

• dunstonh
    dunstonh Posts: 116,318 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    Is this too long time to claim as been almost 18 years.?

No. you should be fine
    Also is there a easy way to estimate how much, if any i should be owed to can be aware if Lloyds try to offer me any?
    No. Online calcs tend to overstate the figure as most of them are linked to CMCs and they want to inflate the figure to make you use them.
    I am an Independent Financial Adviser (IFA). The comments I make are just my opinion and are for discussion purposes only. They are not financial advice and you should not treat them as such. If you feel an area discussed may be relevant to you, then please seek advice from an Independent Financial Adviser local to you.
  • Thanks very helpful. Are you able to tell me briefly how they work out what is owed and does it make a difference if the loan was paid earlier than the 5 years.....
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.9K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure