Child run into side of my car causing damage + small claims court

Comments

• apd100 wrote: »
    I'm not intending to hide it from my insurers, I haven't told them for the same reason everyone here wouldn't.
    Do tell, we're not psychic.
    4515 aggressive non-helpful troll posts I'm assuming!

aggressive? where?
  • Gloomendoom
    Gloomendoom Posts: 16,550 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    OP have you had a bill for the ambulance yet?
    4515 aggressive non-helpful troll posts I'm assuming!
    Unlikely, given that she/he has been thanked on about three quarters of their posts.

Perhaps three quarters of people who receive advice on their questions don't get stroppy with anyone who gives an answer they don't like? Seriously, what is the point of posting your story and asking for advice if you're then going to complain if anyone gives you the answer you've already decided you want?

Just get on with suing the kid's parents if that's what you want to do.

• Just get on with suing the kid's parents if that's what you want to do.

and do please come back with the outcome
  • I'm trolling no one.

Oh, and the incident didn't increase my premiums.
  • izzy65
    izzy65 Posts: 2,862 Forumite
    First Anniversary
    If anyone is aggressive and arrogant on this thread it's you, as anyone can see from your reply to me

apd100 wrote: »
    Izzy, why are you trying to understand the road you have no idea about. We drive on the left side of the road, he hit the left side of my car, no crossing a carriage way was required.

And having pointed out that I was in fact correct, and I obviously have a better understanding of the road than you, you have not even had the good manners to reply, its people like you that post one thread and expect everyone to say what you want that makes genuine posters avoid this site:mad:
    The person who never makes a mistake never learns anything.
  • Perhaps I should delete post #35, not sure I care now . .

Its learning experience on this site, even now years later I find it shocking the number of people asking questions who throw the toys out when they don't get the answer they want to back up their pre formed opinion.

I would leave your post, If not for the OP for others who may come along and actually be grateful
    No, it's a really good example of what can unfold and why informing your insurer is important. Some people don't think ahead to the possible consequences when they're in the immediate rage of having to fix their dented car. Then you see threads from people wanting advice when the "gentlemen's agreement" they struck with a third party unravels and they're faced with demands for what they think are unreasonable sums of money for a dent. Happens all the time.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure