Kitchen install quote

Hi all

I have been quoted £2175 to fit a kitchen including removing the old one, electrics, flooring, plastering, plumbing etc. Nothing major is moving to any new location, so its reasonably straight forward. I have been told it wont take longer than 7 days to fit, including the time for the plaster to dry. Here is a break down. The kitchen is from Howdens.

Electrics - £530

Move 5 fuse sockets up so they are accessible from the cupboards, leaving less clutter (only plug sockets) above the worktop
Fit fan and switch (we supply ourselves) to external wall to aid with steam extraction - we are having a re-circulation extractor hood due to length of ducting that would be required to get to external.
Move main light switch from the kitchen wall directly behind to the hallway wall (this is to make room for a tall slim radiator that we otherwise would have no room for as the existing radiator is screwed onto the end of a cabinet..)
Supply and fit LED strip lighting underneath all wall cabinets and run to light switch in hallway.
Replace 5 white double plug sockets under counters to chrome (we supply)

Plastering - £165

Skim walls where wall tiles have been removed ready to paint

Plumbing - £170

Remove/replace hob (we supply)
Remove/replace sink/tap (we supply sink, tap)
Remove/replace radiator (we supply radiator, valves)

Kitchen fitter including organising the other trades £1310 - fitter only supplies tools etc

Remove old kitchen/tiles
Install new kitchen - 7 wall cabinets, 10 base cabinets which includes all integrated appliances (integrated undercounter fridge, undercounter freezer, washing machine, dishwasher, oven, extractor fan, splashback, 6m of worktop, 6m of upstand and microwave in wall cabinet.
Install 8m sq of laminate flooring.
Install new window sill
Re-hang main door to kitchen so it opens the opposite way.

Other costs would be down to me, such as painting, skip and appliances etc

Appreciate peoples opinions on this in terms of pricing, my initial thoughts were that it was higher than I expected, but I have little experience with this sort of thing.

Comments

• phill99
    phill99 Posts: 9,093 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    I fit kitchens for a living.

Thats a good price.
    Eat vegetables and fear no creditors, rather than eat duck and hide.
  • Furts
    Furts Posts: 4,474 Forumite
    phill99 wrote: »
    I fit kitchens for a living.

Thats a good price.

My thoughts were the same when I read the post, but thought I would await the experts such as yourself. I do not fit kitchens for a living, but work in the construction industry. My thoughts were we are in a bouyant market, rates are rising and everyone wishes to make a profit.
  • Thanks Phill99 / Furts

Other sources have also said I wont get it much cheaper than that, well not by someone with a good track record of completing jobs to a high standard anyway.

I'll go with the quote.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport