D.L.A LIFE AWARDS help needed

Options

Comments

• Indie_Kid
    Indie_Kid Posts: 23,077 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    JackieO wrote: »
    I have been registered disabled for the past 9 years and get MR care and HR mobility, at 68 with severe arthritis and in remission from cancer, and also having just been given funding by the local PCT for treatment for my lymphodema in my right arm I would be happy to get a job in 2013 when I am 70 if it will help the Government out with their financial difficulties.So if you can think of a job that a one-useful-working-armed old biddy, with walking and mobility problems can do I would be happy to apply :):):) looks like I'm for the knackers yard :)

(serious suggestion)
    Is there anyway you could get a job within IT and use speech-to-text software?
    Sealed pot challenge #232. Gold stars from Sue-UU - :staradmin :staradmin £75.29 banked
    50p saver #40 £20 banked
    Virtual sealed pot #178 £80.25
  • sarah1972
    sarah1972 Posts: 18,897 Senior Ambassador
    Homepage Hero Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    edited 6 July 2010 at 5:12AM
    Options
    user reported for continual spamming on mse
    I’m a Senior Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on Competitions Time, Shopping & Freebies boards, Employment, Jobseeking & Training boards If you need any help on these boards, do let me know. Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any posts you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button, or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. All views are my own and not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.
  • 50Twuncle
    50Twuncle Posts: 10,763 Forumite
    Photogenic First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    I have reported this spammer before - it just keeps coming bac,k under a new user name !!!
  • rolling_stone_2
    Options
    Sorry to be a party pooper but I think that everyone, no matter how serious their disability, has good reason to be afraid of losing their DLA. It looks like the criteria that the government is going to use for their decision making process is going to be the current Work Capability assessment, and the company responsible for assessment will be ATOS Healthcare. Now there's a joke.
    The current level of incapacity benefit claimants, and this includes disabled people, being found unfit for work is around 9%. There is a mass cull underway and this will eventually include DLA.
    Please visit the many forums on this subject and the current level of dissatisfaction with both ATOS and their computer software system that is designed to fail as many people as possible. This is not about helping severely disabled people, it's about saving money.
  • Indie_Kid
    Options
    Sorry to be a party pooper but I think that everyone, no matter how serious their disability, has good reason to be afraid of losing their DLA. It looks like the criteria that the government is going to use for their decision making process is going to be the current Work Capability assessment, and the company responsible for assessment will be ATOS Healthcare. Now there's a joke.

But sickness and disability benefits are completely different. You can meet the criteria for one and fail the other.

Where did you get this information from? All I've heard is that everyone who is working age will be assessed for their DLA. No indication of what this test will involve or even who would do it. (ATOS, person's GP, etc)
    Sealed pot challenge #232. Gold stars from Sue-UU - :staradmin :staradmin £75.29 banked
    50p saver #40 £20 banked
  • rolling_stone_2
    Options
    The information is readily available and is discussed on many of the ATOS/ incapacity benefit/ work capability assessment forums. The current criteria for DLA will not be the same as that used for the assessments in 2013/14, it looks like the bar will be raised to a level which few people will be able to attain or qualify. I currently claim both IB and DLA so keep a foot in both camps and am currently waiting for my IB assessment with ATOS. You really need to read some of the horror stories of those people already reassessed to understand how this is carried out so that as many people as possible fail, even if it means ATOS lying about your capabilities. You will be exteremely lucky to see a Doctor no matter what your condition, it will more likely be a nurse or midwife who merely inputs data into a computer software program. The current criteria for terminally ill people is 6 months or less to live. People that just miss out on this criteria are being found fit for work. I'm not scaremongering, I'm just letting people know what is really happening as forewarned is forearmed.
  • Indie_Kid
    Options
    You are scaremongering.
    50p saver #40 £20 banked
  • rolling_stone_2
    Options
    I'm sorry that you see it that way as that's not what I intended to do. PLEASE, read some of these forums and decide for yourself. The intention is to remove as much welfare assistance as possible.
  • Indie_Kid
    Options
    It's proposals at the moment. It'll probably change next year.
    50p saver #40 £20 banked
  • rolling_stone_2
    Options
    I'm really sorry, for you and for me, but that's highly unlikely. Some of the Incapacity benefit claimants that are found fit for work are having their DLA suspended. ATOS healthcare have a long contract with the DWP and their assessment of DLA claimants is due to begin in 2013/14 after the IB reassessment process is complete. Hence the timescale.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure